Endurance Onslaught 6.0
O_O Awesome, Nasuke. You really should change your avi. >_> Like, REALLY. Anyway, my vote is definitely.

DarkJak: Uhhhh...I'm holding my vote, because that texture set looks like random shapes, gradients and colors splotched together.
Originally Posted by Nasuke View Post
Ill change my avy once i make a visa card so i can buy some tc and request a set

What does that have to do with your avi? 0.o
Gorman: The simplicity of the scales was more or less intentional. Doing individual scales and such would have annoyed the hell out of me. Also, the way I've got it now I can easily scale it up for high-res textures (Everything on that set is vectorized \o/). Plus I'm lazy, and it matched the widdle scales on the leg dragon.

joonveen: I'll PM you a link to the tutorial for the light rays, if you'd like.

BenD: I'm fairly sure it's the program that blurred the hands. If you have 3.5 you can /lp 0 gman80 and then /download gman80 for a closer look. As for the simplicity of the backgrounds it was again, relatively intentional. Nice head there, too. :P

I approve of Nasuke. Withholding vote on DarkJak thus far.
Captain America set should be fairly easy to do. I figure the hardest part would be the head, and the rest is basic solid colors with exception of parts of the biceps and legs, that would have scales.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
how do you vectorise images? I know what it is, just have no idea how to do it =|
Any comments on my post that you said you were going to comment on latter...?

@DarkJak: It doesn't really look like its one set, its all mashed together. Metal thighs and feet, stripey hands, and crazy head. I don't really get the theme/idea =\
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Well I can't speak for gimp but photoshop has the cutout filter that can be combined with some pen tool to get smoothness resulting in a very nice vectorization if you have the patiente to smoothen it out
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
how do you vectorise images? I know what it is, just have no idea how to do it =|
Any comments on my post that you said you were going to comment on latter...?

pen tool works on vectors, but for the best vector results, use adobe illustrator and pen tool, there are a few tutorials out there which tell you step by step how to do it
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Does GIMP do vectors?

Also I know how to recolor now. Learned it from Daxx.

Heads that make me happy
Some are In 256x256 so you can see them better.

Noncell version

BTW my set that is more in line with my specialty.
The other was more of an experiment

ORIGINAL RED VERSION
Last edited by DarkJak; Oct 9, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Gimp doesnt do vector drawing very well

But if you want freeware programs that do the trick, I recommend Inkscape.