Toribash
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I'm back. Mass was a bit short this week.

Didn't Palpatine's various clone-related reinarnations also pass that system of belief to his various post-Vader apprentices?

As for the superpower discussion, I'd love to have the omni-trifecta, just like the Living Tribunal.
fl0w
He did have cloned bodies that his spirit would transfer to as one would die, but this was due to incomplete comprehension of Plagueis' work as his master.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Yep, that's it hawk
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Yeah, only bummer is that he went through all of that work, soul-transferring and what not, just to get killed by Han, of all people.

I personally view Sith doctrine as being way more ... realistic is the simplest term that I could find ... but only if the usage of said doctrine would be more-or-less neutral on the arbitrary good-evil scale. Idealism is good, but too much idealism leads to partial, at best, and, at worst, complete detachment from reality. This is why being too engrossed in either the Jedi or Sith value and belief system is rather unhealthy imho.

If the omni-trifecta is a bit too much, I'm content with just being able to manipulate matter, like Molecule Man. It would make my life so much easier.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 21, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
fl0w
Precisely. Which is why I believe that Dark Jedi are the most sane around. They buy into Sith principles, but also retain much of their consciences, preferring to rise to positions of minor power, or simply use their latent Force abilities to win at games of chance. If there is a problem, they are more like assassins, only killing when necessary, and sparing as many lives as possible.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Application for official clan status submitted and TC sent - both to Fish.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Administrator of Oblivion. Former Administrator of RIP.
Blank Das Keyboard, Arch, J, Erlang, Haskell - You can always be better.
The Jedi for me are the most sane, if sanity is measured in terms of calculated reasoning vis-a-vis incalculable consequences; the only trade-off is that the idealistic belief system actually hinders them from doing what is necessary, such as harnessing the full power of the Force in order to completely eradicate their enemies, i.e. the Sith, the Separatists, my neighbour's dog, etc. ad nauseum.

But I do agree with you on how the Dark Jedi are the ones who have the most fun. Lol. Using the Force for fulfilling personal self-vested interest rules!
Last edited by Trick; Apr 21, 2013 at 01:49 AM.
fl0w
I obviously need to catch up on my Star Wars canon haha...
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
I define sanity as being most in touch with the world around them. Or in this case, galaxy. The Jedi are deluded in thinking that all problems can be solved by them. The Sith are deluded in thinking that they can transcend death itself, all the while destroying the Jedi and achieving ultimate power. Dark Jedi know there are problems, but choose mainly not to fix them and let everything play out.
Well said my friend. If we're going to parallelize them to archetypes, the Jedi are superheroes, the Sith are war-mongering and death-evading mysticists (Rasputin, anyone?), and the Dark Jedi are apathetic Machiavellian operators.
fl0w