Toribash
I completely agree that they attack slow, but the spells are more powerful, and they are much better imo. I did find some of the branches of magic in the newer game to be a little more fun.

I did really like the first one because you were a Gray Warden, a force to be reckoned with. In the second game, you are nothing more than a nobles nephew. The games is about investigating problems within the city, and gaining back your fortune. I also did not like that the when the second game ended, it was over. There was nothing else to do.
-----
When you upgraded Alistar, where did you put his skill points? I poured every point he got into strength, and I gave him the special edition armor. He was just a power house.
Last edited by dannyrug; Jun 28, 2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A hasbeen like the rest
Wait, even after DA 1's ending, there was nothing to do. If you loaded the game, it would go back to the ending...
And DA 2's mage specializations were weak to me. I didn't need Restoration because I already had Anders to do that. I didn't really like Blood Magic because it felt weak. And none of your party members even mentioned you using Blood Magic.

Helpful quote

I'm not a nerd. I'm a gamer.
Yea I completely agree. On my first play through, I chose blood magic. It was so under-powered considering everyone says it is so powerful. The specializations were a little boring. I felt that the healing path was the best specialization in DA 2. I was very disappointed after playing.

I am hoping that Inquisition will be really good. Due you know when the release date is?
A hasbeen like the rest
October 7. So excited

Helpful quote

Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC

Helpful quote

I am definitely going to go to the store to pre-order it. I really wish the series would have continued from the first game. You would still be a gray warden, but you embark on a different journey.
Although the second game was not as good as the first, it was still enjoyable. Overall the games were great, and I don't expect anything less from the new one.
A hasbeen like the rest
According to the info released by EA, you're not a Gray Warden. You would be an Inquisitor, trying to fix the world because of the mess caused by the Champion in DA 2. One of your party members however, is a Gray Warden. And also, the Warden and Champion will play a major role in the story...

Btw, multiple race character creation is back! Woo
--------------------------
There are already multiple DA:I trailers out now...

Helpful quote

What warden survived besides Alistair? I would love if he came back.

It seems like no matter what you do, you tend to mess something up that needs to be fixed. In the first game you saved everyone by killing the arch-demon, but in the second everyone was still in distress. Then in the second game, you basically vanquish all the evil in the selected area, and you regain your fortune. Then it said your character vanished.

I don't really know how they are going to let this play out. I am going to assume that you are looking for the champion from DA 2.
A hasbeen like the rest
If you were able to recruit*SPOILER ALERT
Logan

You have another Gray Warden with you
And as for DA:I, I just know you're the guy to fix everything again

Helpful quote