Toribash
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

So, to keep this intelligent conversations flowing, how do you guys feel about alien life, or just any life outside of earth? do you think its possible? if so, if they came to Earth, do you think they would want peace or destruction?

My views lead to the fact that their is most likely other forms of life far off in a distant galaxy, that are also probably wondering about us too. i feel that they would be more superior in intelligence, and if they came to our planet they wouldnt want anything but total domination, due to the fact that no right-minded intellectual being would travel such a far distance just to make an ally, and also, if they had the technology to travel to us they would have the technology to destroy us.

What do you guys think?
My doctor told i wouldnt spit up blood if i didnt drink nothing but mouthwash.
Hi Brody! I find your questions to be really interesting.

Hmm, I feel that the possibility of the existence of extraterrestrial life is not all that absurd. It is very much possible. However, the probability of these extraterrestrials revealing themselves to us Earthlings and subsequently interacting with us, be it positively or negatively, is quite low imho.

In judging whether or not these aliens want to help us or harm us, let's use the Star Wars model, wherein different types of aliens interact with one another both positively and negatively, but the harm-bringing aliens are kept at bay by the larger group of good aliens (and by the Jedi ... and by the Republic before it became a cesspool of batshit-craziness) that want to preserve peace and order.

The problem with our case is that we do not know who are the good aliens out there, and who are the bad aliens, irrespective of whether or not they exist in the first place.

Also, if they were indeed intellectually advanced, they would see us humans, and Earth in general, as something that can be easily exploited, because us Earthlings are both easily swayed and easily made to war with each other.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
fl0w
Timee, if you start a discussion sbout Star Wars, I won't shut up.

ORIGINAL QUESTION: Alien life is entirely possible within our universe, and is made even more likely if other universes exist. If they did make the foolish decision to come here, they would either be caught and tested, or go report to their superiors that we're all crazy idiots and that they should stay away from us at all costs.
-----
Also, I'm up at 4 a.m. I feel like a bum.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare; Apr 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
You are the exact opposite of a bum, hawk. A bum would most likely choose to sleep rather than come face-to-everything with his/her sad life. I want to help bums. They make me sad.

Let's say that I did start a discussion about Star Wars, and let's assume that I asked you guys these questions: "Was it wise of Palpatine's clone to accept Luke as his Sith apprentice while knowing full well what Luke did to his original body? More than that, had Palpatine's soul flew into Anakin Solo instead of Brand's dying body, would the Empire still have survived and what would have been the implications of such?".

Based on these assumptions, what might have been your "hypothetical" answers to my "hypothetical questions", all of which are related to my "hypothetical scenario" which involves me "hypothetically" opening a discussion about Star Wars? All of this is purely "hypothetical", of course.
-----
Another question that I might "hypothetically" ask would be: "What's your favorite lightsaber fighting form?"

I for one would "hypothetically" answer "Form 3", because it's better to block hits all day than to get hit severely while aggressively trying to hit somebody/something. Also, Obi-Wan is THE boss of defensive fighting.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 20, 2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
fl0w
Ok guys, It seems you're pretty active while I sleep, you already finished talking about my post. I just want to add now as it seems to have started some controversy that I did not make that story, I just posted it. As death said the story can be found on a couple of other sites on the internet as well. I'm sorry for not mentioning this earlier, it was 5 in the morning and I was tired [ Ironically criticizing Kvey for not sleeping, however I do not have a job yet. ].

Renan, it's a yes from me if that counts anymore. Btw, not many people in here know who Alex is so it's better to stick to our user names .

Now concerning alien life, suppose that an advanced species traveled to our planet, and suppose it's for some weird reason that they won't share cause they have too much SWAG to be able to speak English. If you would take the time to fly with an airplane over the ocean, some forest and then LA for example, you would [ looking in from the outside of the box ] see the beautiful combination of sea and plants, blue and green together in harmony and in no way against each other, and then you would get to LA. What you would see then wouldn't be anything that could be described as before " Beautiful" , "In harmony with nature"... That would look more like growth, cancer, an advanced form of bacteria that doesn't seem to go away and it's grey and dirty and smoke is coming out of it. Suppose the aliens see that. Do you honestly believe that when they look inside LA they would see individuals? [ bartenders, actors, comedians, programmers, etc. ] I think that all they'll see is just a disease spreading on the surface of the Earth and destroying it more and more as it expands and grows bigger every year.
Maybe they'll try to heal the planet, or maybe they'll try to change our structure [ which in this context refers to culture ] to benefit the planet more. Or even worse, they'll just leave us be and eventually we'll kill ourselves when the planet resources are going to become scarce.

And I'm sorry but I don't know much about Star Wars ^-^'.
Last edited by TheMpk; Apr 20, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
Hello TheMpk! Would it be alright with you if I got to know your real name? At least your first name. If it's not alright with you, I'll just stick to calling you by your username. You can call me Timee btw (it's my nickname irl).

Anyways, I really agree with you on how aliens most probably might not see the true beauty of humankind. Following your logic, it would be way better for both the aliens (who want to benefit from our planet) and our planet itself if the supposed "disease" that is humankind is wiped out/exterminated (or ex-TIMEEnated ... hyuk hyuk).
fl0w
Sure Timee, my name is Marius Bîrzan. Though this is a really weird name since it's romanian. That's why I chose Mpk, it's my initial M[arius]pk[parkour] since I do parkour.

Also I'm glad you agree on my views

Might I ask for your name in exchange?
Sure bro. My real name is Domine David Paglinawan. Domine being a variation of the Latin word for "Lord". David being David, lol, which my mother says refers to the Biblical King David. Paglinawan, on the other hand, is a Filipino surname that means "make clear".

In short, Timee. Lol. Totally different from my full name, right? My nickname has a rather long and interesting backstory, but I won't share it in this post. Some other time maybe.

Nice to meet you Marius!

-EDIT-
I chose my username "Timeenator" btw because the name "Timee" was taken. And besides, "Timeenator" is a perfectly good nickname for someone who may or may not be a machine gun-toting cyborg.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 20, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
fl0w
Aliens are a topic that, as an individual, I prefer to steer clear of. As such, I will assume that Mpk's article is based on fact. 'God' from Mpk's article stated that intelligent beings are rated according to their transport and technology, that our technological advances run parallel to our weapon systems. Assuming we were to come into contact with an alien species, it can be assumed that on that scale they are a level two or three species. (i can't remember which one efficient space travel is.) With this in mind, it could be assumed that their weapon systems would be absolutely devastating. If, as a level one species, we have NUCLEAR WEAPONS... Use your imagination.

'God' in the article gave less than or equal to 0 fucks about the atrocities occurring on Earth, as it is part of our growth. It can be presumed he would not stop this species from ruining our day, as it is part of their growth. Their 'manipulation' of our environment is entirely kosher. (the 'God' in this article seemed Jewish). Additionally, God created humanity in his image. The idea that his image would change to suit the species seems... Invalid.

With this in mind, I would absolutely not want to meet aliens, and I hope they do not exist.
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
Timee: Nice to meet you too David!

Zander: Don't worry you're safe. We've got "death"on our side ;) if you get what I mean. XD