Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I'll also stay neutral for now, let me test you! I'd be expecting much from you! ;)
Master of the arcane arts
I'm withdrawing my application.

Apparently I jumped into a shovel with a lowered arm opener.

I don't like playing cheap and if you guys like playing like that then I don't think this org is right for me.

I will delete my application.
Replays of Lunie attached.

Game two is the one he's talking about ;)
Attached Files
Lunie 1.rpl (49.6 KB, 5 views)
Lunie 2.rpl (38.4 KB, 8 views)
Lunie 3.rpl (43.3 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Zoro; Nov 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Gamemaster -- Need help? Click here!
I'm like... supposed to advocate for Team Aikido or something. Click that link if you're great at aikido.
I call it a shovel do to the lowered arms.

I was always told that a throw happens in the middle of a game as like in the hampa replay etc.

I just find lowering arms in aikido7 (for lack of a better word) noobish because the only parts you can grab in that mod is the hands so it is really quite hard to counter.

*I am not calling zoro a noob. He is really quite skilled and what not I just found that shovel to be cheap and I didn't like the fact it was used in my testing portion of my app.
That clearly was NOT a shovel..

Plus if you find it hard to play without grabbing the hands/elbows then practice more.
I picked the mod holo. I know how to play it, but how am i supposed to counter if I can't grab any other part of the body and Im already lifted and moving out of the dojo?

What do you call it when you lower arms first frame then?
Originally Posted by Lunie View Post
I picked the mod holo. I know how to play it, but how am i supposed to counter if I can't grab any other part of the body and Im already lifted and moving out of the dojo?

Hampa's "fyeah" replay ;)

I'm sorry about that. I don't really consider that a shovel, but I understand why you may.

If you guys wanna chat about this, /join #ta (the team aikido IRC). Beyond that, please don't post about this anymore here.

I'll clean this up later. You can be retested and I'll stray from anything that involves lowering my arms ;)
Gamemaster -- Need help? Click here!
I'm like... supposed to advocate for Team Aikido or something. Click that link if you're great at aikido.
Originally Posted by Lunie View Post

Zoro sorry pal just gonna answer this question first.

Lunie, I call it a move. Good tactic too, if you think the other guy is going straight for a double grab and will try to lift/shovel/throw. Good tactic for making the other guy focus on balancing rather than the fight, giving the lowered arm dude more of an advantage.
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
So you speak as if this whole organization has wronged you? First thing i noticed is that you admitted to jumping into this apparent shovel so in what position are you exactly to accuse zoro of initiating a noobish tactic?. Secondly you ate basing this off of a personal beliefs which basically means you're doing this because things didn't go the way you would have preferred. I believe you withdrew your application prematurely, but if all it took was one match not going your way to make statements such as down above then I'm rather joyed that things turned out the way they did.

I'll watch the replays later it's 6am here

I over reacted, I am trying to calm my short temper on here and sometimes I do things with out thinking.

I had the pressure of being tested for a great org and losing made me assume that I was going to get rejected the reason I chose to withdraw was actually a lie, I didn't want to get rejected so i withdrew.

Zoro if you want to test me again, then we can but if you choose not to I will understand that as well.