Toribash
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Hey guys! Figured this is the most recent thread that's Street fighter related, so I thought I'd post here. I just recently ordered myself a Qanba Q2 with black/red visual mods and plan to buy a Sanwa stick/buttons depending on how I like the original Qanba keys for Christmas, so the Street Fighter V hype is real. I played the shit out of third strike with Nightin from tb and a few friends on supercade, bought Skullgirls in early access and loved it, and also played SSFIV (trying again) but never thought about getting a fight stick. I've always used KB&M or my F310 Logitech budget controller and never found a problem until I started to get into the more intense play.
I stopped playing fighting games for a while, but have recently picked up and have been loving the Blazblue fighting games, all of the old king of fighter games, art of fighting and my personal favourites, samurai shodown v and ii AND Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Literally just been playing fighting games for hours on end the past few days, loving the level of detail that some of these games have as far as story, character development and overall joy of learning the game/mechanics that these games bring.

So, I was just wondering, what are your guys opinions on the best bang for your buck fight sticks around the $200 range? What ones do you use, if any? If not, do you guys play on Keyboard & Mouse or Controller?

Yo f310 is what I learned to play fighting games on too, and I also used to play with nightin in 3s, good times

Nowadays I play on a madcatz te round 2 (not te2) and I love it, but honestly the only things execution wise I felt I really improved on thanks to stick were plinks and kara inputs and stuff like that (which will be irrelevant for v most likely anyway). If you're going for a stick I'd recommend one of these since you can probably find one on the cheap, but sfv is probably gonna play fantastic on pad, which is an awful lot cheaper.

I've never used any other sticks but I'd have to imagine the q2 with a sanwa joystick and buttons would be just as nice
oh yeah
Originally Posted by VIDEOGAMES View Post
Yo f310 is what I learned to play fighting games on too, and I also used to play with nightin in 3s, good times

Nowadays I play on a madcatz te round 2 (not te2) and I love it, but honestly the only things execution wise I felt I really improved on thanks to stick were plinks and kara inputs and stuff like that (which will be irrelevant for v most likely anyway). If you're going for a stick I'd recommend one of these since you can probably find one on the cheap, but sfv is probably gonna play fantastic on pad, which is an awful lot cheaper.

I've never used any other sticks but I'd have to imagine the q2 with a sanwa joystick and buttons would be just as nice

3s was what got me into fighting games on PC, man we had some fun trying to learn how to play on Supercade (funny story, I started on these forums when I was 11, am now 19 and I made friends here that have lasted me up until now. I talk to Nightin on Skype almost every day and he's apart of my close group of friends and knows about 10+ of my real life friends from Nova Scotia, Canada that we all game together with. I'm glad I decided to join the community when I did). Unfortunately now you have to use another program and we couldn't happen to get it to work, does anyone remember the current one?

My Q2 came to about $180 after shipping, and will arrive in two days from now. Apparently it comes with an octagon gate which is nice because I planned on switching from a square/circle, but realistically everything is 50% off right now on amazon.ca so I can pick up a full set of sanwa parts for around $50.

The F310 is brilliant, I actually got Nightin to pick one up as well and he uses it for Rocket League, Brawlhalla etc. Such a nice budget controller, I got mine brand new off a friend for $20 and it gets daily use on all genres of games.

Just now looking into SFV characters and am amazed at some of the designs. Who's your favourite so far?
I've been playing necalli, and on that note beta testing is open for the next three days, time to go play
oh yeah
Been in the lab with my boy Ryu this beta test so far, actually like everything except for his cr. MK. Gonna commit to Necalli over the next few days though.
collect snots from the nose
Welp, finally preordered it.

After all the major beta periods ended like an idiot .-.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
So they have a fourth beta going on right now but...

were the betas always choppy, or is it just me? Every match it throws me into has this weird skipping, like it's calculating my inputs on my end, so it looks like I reacted and punished on time, but then it receives inputs from my opponent, because what I had reacted to apparently took place like half a second earlier than what I saw, and then resets the interaction I just saw and instead registers like I reacted .5 seconds late and got punished.

It's really frustrating when you get matched against stuff like chun or nash (since I'm playing birdie), cause their inputs come out super fast so I basically have to anticipate when they do something unsafe and find the magic window where I didn't press the button too early and get hit by it because it wasn't a true block string, or press it too late and just get mashed out by light or medium normals. It basically means my best friend has been forward h. punch because of the armor it gives and hope that they mashed because I get a free crush counter. Which isn't a winning strategy because it's unsafe on block, and they inevitably catch on.
yeah, definitely some shit netcode this time around. input delay and netcode in general are so much worse than past betas, played a few matches but i'm just not feeling it at it stands.
Game is out, servers on release hilariously bad compared to my experience in the beta.

I'm also getting sub 60 fps during a lot of hitstun which is a nightmare with the games implementation. I really don't think it's anything on my end since it's running in a consistent way on every graphics settings from max to ultralow, 60 fps up until I'm jumping or trying to link shit, at which point it goes all over the place.

Hopefully that's all janky bug shit that'll get fixed within the week though, still excited
Last edited by VIDEOGAMES; Feb 16, 2016 at 11:44 AM.
oh yeah
I couldn't even connect to the server \o/

still put time in training with birdie, i think i've got his general gameplay down. zoning character with some mixup potential when he gets in by the looks of it. i'm just a little worried that most of his moves can't hit confirm into a decent combo, and the only one that i know can has to be so close to the opponent that it's basically impossible except on jump ins, stun, or crush counter, and even crush counter requires you to walk forward during it and STILL just barely be in range.

edit: actually, i might play sim, he's only got like 1 combo you need to learn, and the rest is just footsies and setups. only took me ~30 minutes to get the hardest link of the combo down, now it's just a question of putting it together with the rest of the combo .-.

edit2: and i finally figured out why i couldn't do the combo as easily from the left side. i press punch just a tad early so it doesn't link back medium kick into yoga flame, so i just have to consciously wait until i feel myself pulling back on the stick before i hit punch again and i get it every time. added the crouching heavy punch to the start of it for both sides, now i just need to get the v-skill heavy punch timing down so i have the full practical combo.
Last edited by Oracle; Feb 17, 2016 at 12:48 AM.