Toribash
Love the comics they are awesome xD

yay dem dwarfs can sleep everywhere and born their children everywhere xD

Loled at the image xD
In recent events, my fortress was being menaced by a Giant Hamster, along with a couple of Hamstermen/women. Unfortunately, one of my marksdwarfs had forgotten to pack her crossbow, and so engaged the giant hamster in melee combat... whilst holding her baby. Whilst they both put up a good fight (the baby got a couple of good hits in on the hamster's eyeballs), they were eventually defeated, with the mother's legs being bitten off and the baby dying of blood loss from a puncture wound.

Thankfully the rest of my dwarven army were able to kill off the giant hamster and hamsterpeople before anything else could happen.

In other news, children have started to overpopulate the fort, so I'm devising a sort of "training programme" for them, involving dumping them into a pit full of hostile mosquito men. Those who survive will actually be able to contribute to my fortress. The others might just be lucky enough to be resurrected and provide training dummies for future generations.
@4zb41:
That's brutal.

Children never overpopulate my fortress. Reason: ALL THE DWARVES ENDLESSLY WORK. And if they're on breaks, then the curse of DFHack strikes and I create lava on those lazy dwarves.

Speaking of lava, one of my dwarves pulled a lever which I thought locked the entrance to the fortress. Instead, it raised a drawbridge, making a dwarf fall into magma. I always forget about such traps...
Preparing to fight some ninja squirrels...
[19:18:25] <~hanz0> oh god what
[19:18:30] <~hanz0> I was watching a dwarf hunt an alligator
[19:18:40] <~hanz0> suddenly the dwarf runs in and starts melee with the alligator
[19:18:47] <~hanz0> suddenly a bunch of little bones fly out of the alligator
[19:18:52] <~hanz0> I check and they're all the alligator's teeth
[19:21:14] <~hanz0> 36 pages of this dwarf beating the shit out of an alligator

Hunters are out of their goddamn minds.

I've been running into an irritating bug with DF2012 where children won't equip clothing and then they get embarrassed and start throwing tantrums.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Correction: Dorfs are crazy. Then again, hunters are especially crazy, because i once had a legendary hunter who one-shotted a giant while it was dog-piled by... Well, dogs. This dog-piling was preceded by the hunter masterfully nailing the giant in the foot, rendering it prone and vulnerable to dog-piling.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
You remind me of the time a forgotten beast came to my fortress and I was panicking, I put my hunter in the miltia (I PUT ALL THE DOORFS in the militia) and told them all to kill, you know when the hunter bites the beasts foot off that something is going right, although the beast killed everyone, that Dwarf still bit his foot off! xD
I broke my personal record I got currently 74 dwarfs(on a aquifer zone) and have dug through a double aquifer.
And biggest migration 24 dwarfs!!! :3
Ugh, sometimes I wish dwarves would stop migrating. I have a total of 90ish dwarves now, and 27-40 are always idling. I'm trying to think of something for them to do, but am sorta lost for ideas

I never start a fort on an aquifer, because I've never quite figured out how to get around them.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Ugh, sometimes I wish dwarves would stop migrating. I have a total of 90ish dwarves now, and 27-40 are always idling. I'm trying to think of something for them to do, but am sorta lost for ideas

I never start a fort on an aquifer, because I've never quite figured out how to get around them.

true but I always keep them working
and most of them are fishermen xp
EDIT:I have overflowed the Food stockpile most items are out of barrels and my dwarfs keep making barrels like mad but most of food is still out I will post a screenshot

about aquifer its not that tough its pretty easy but it takes time
Last edited by KillTheCook; Apr 14, 2012 at 08:31 PM.