Ranking
Originally Posted by veb
WHERE IS HIS PERSONALITY?
HE HAS A RAGING FAGGOT FACE

His personality has been pretty clearly defined by now as a more casual, adventerous doctor who realizes how completely insane his lifestyle is. Also, dat chin.

Originally Posted by veb
^ and he's way too human. he's supposed to be a 900 year old alien, this Matt Smith seems pretty boring. he bought boring to the show. nothing else.

He acts like an old man in terms of his deamenour and mannerisms but has stopped putting himself above humans and interacts with them in the way a human (an odd human at best) would.

Originally Posted by veb
All the episodes seem to feature fucking perception filters. AND OMG A CRACK SO SUSPENSEFUL.

More like two. (The angels one wasn't confirmed)
The crack seems to be a pretty good story element to me, I don't think it's really meant to be suspenseful at the moment. It was a great way of getting rid of some of the ridiculous things that RTD wrote into canon that would change Earth entirely (See: Season 4 finale)

The 'rape scene' seems to be basically the starting point for introducing Rory into the story and these past few eps seem to have been strongly developing their relationship and characters.

Originally Posted by veb
and nothing can defeat a goddamn weeping angel

In Blink they defeated them just fine. I also really liked the way that they made it so the angels gradually defeated themselves and mixed the other major element of the episode (the crack) into it.

But yeah, to me it isn't a different show it's just a pretty different take on doing certain aspects.

Originally Posted by veb
they simply needed an actor who had a DIFFERENT personality than Tennant (Matt just seems to copy it) - and fuck tweed.

A second ago you said that Matt Smith's doctor had no personality ._.
To me their doctors are pretty different, what with this new doctor being no where near as 'bi-polar' in his emotions and seeming to care more for his companions.

Jesus christ why did I write that?
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
New episode wasn't that great. It seemed to be written for David Tennant's doctor rather than the way Smith does stuff. The dialogue also seemed like uh...it was trying to be way too 'hip' Overall though, it was decent enough and will hopefully be a good set up for the rest of the two parter.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Yeah, I didn't like the dialogue in it very much at all. The characters in it too seemed...'out of character'.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
I think it made them come across as less retarded tbh.

If you go back to the first episode when Rorey would say outloud everything that the doctor is going to do or is doing, as if the viewers hadn't seen the last 2 minutes of the episode.

I always thought that was pretty lame.
I loved it, it did a great job of showing how shocked Rory is at everything and has trouble taking it, also comedy relief. But yeah, the Doctor was suprisingly incompetant and Amy was more like Donna.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
As much as I don't like the new series and most of it's episodes. Matt Smith is definitely growing on me. His performances as the Doctor are getting better, but it's a shame that the writing for the episodes are still so poor. Like I've said before, they lack structure and the interaction between the characters just doesn't seem right. Bringing Rory in was a good idea though. Arthur Darvill plays the character very well and it will suck when he stops appearing in episodes on a frequent basis.
Well, to me it's a bit of a case that we're remembering the best from Tennant's days and seeing all of the new series. The best episodes of this season are definately Eleventh Hour, Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone and Amy's Choice. Rory is an awesome character and Arthur Darvill plays him extremely well (his character is way more realistic than Mickey to me) I don't think you'll be able to comment on how low the calibre of the new season's writing is once you see Amy's Choice.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by phail View Post
Well, to me it's a bit of a case that we're remembering the best from Tennant's days and seeing all of the new series.

I've watched pretty much every Dr Who episode/movie ever released, thus my huge disappointment with fa... I mean Smith. >_> He's just shit at being the Doctor & his Doctor is made of shit.

Although he was slightly less shit in the last episode.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you