Toribash
A man

At dawn you are a toddler you will crawl on 4 limbs. At midday you are an adult so you walk on 2 legs. At evening you are a old man so you will walk on 2 legs and a cane. Then at dusk, you are dead.
Last edited by FragzOut; Jun 24, 2014 at 05:30 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
Now back to our crazy debate. Ok fine ATP might not produce body heat but I am pretty sure it is involved in exothermic reactions. I know that body heat can drop if there is not enough total negative enthalpy change as a result of all the bodies processes to counteract the temperature gradient between body and room. I still think the lion would be able to maintain it's body temperature for however long it takes for it to starve which might not happen over a week if the lion was a fat lion beforehand and the room has the qualities of a lion's usual habitat. I know that people shiver when they naked, because humans are evolved to wear cloths and don't have fur so a large part of the thermoregulation system is ineffective for me. I have always been taught that hypothermia is deadly because the enzymes stop functioning so your brain and metabolic pathways are ineffective which then leads to organ failures. And hypothermia only has a negative feedback on heat loss, shivering uses the muscles which uses respiration and these reactions and movements create heat, otherwise we would not shiver.

no, it's heart failure and drop in blood pressure
also, lions aren't animals that stock a lot of fat

Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
When I said that amino acids were rarer than acids I was speaking in terms of supply and demand, left over amino acids are probably (although I do not study biochem in any sort of detail and am, as I am sure you can tell, mostly relying on guesswork) rare because they make cells which are what create life (in terms of the fact that if something has cells it is or was alive). Does that cover everything?

no
there are more amino acids in your body than units of glucose
by far
f=m*a syens
Imma take your word on the amino acid thing since I am a bit of a nub at biochem. That having been said I still do not think the lion would die of hypothermia. As you said a lion doesn't have much fat so its muscle tissues (and other more important body tissues eventually) would start deteriorating more quickly. I am not sure how the ratio of muscle to fat affects the rate of starvation.

Also! Yes the correct answer was man! You are a genius fragzout.
Good morning sweet princess
Girls girls your both pretty. Either way the lion would be too weak to fight back if he was even still alive. If it's due to starvation he would not have enough energy to fight. If it's due to the coldness he couldn't use his limbs because the body would transfer all the heat to his torso to maintain core temperature. Also nice job using the stereotype of using Wikipedia to prove someone wrong.
-----
NOW WILL SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY RIDDLE!?
Last edited by Merc; Jun 24, 2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
I got it earlier dude.
I said "something which is a general knowledge question about material studies"

Does yours really count as a riddle?
Good morning sweet princess
Not all the questions here really do XD. It kinda does cuz it Rhymes. Get rekd.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |