Ranking
Originally Posted by TamaKuu View Post
I'm always yelled at for not relaxing my neck in spars.

People suck.

Anyway, could someone provide an explanation for how a skeet-dm is pulled off. I can barely skeet pretty okay, but I can never get a dm. No matter how hard I think I'm throwing it.

A replay would do fine, but it'll probably just piss me off and make me jealous.

The key to a good skeet dm or boom is pretty much all in the windup, and the wrist.

When I go for a skeet dm I try and have a pretty decent windup so I can ensure that my projectile will go as hard and far as possible. You are going to want to get as much motion and speed as you can so you can transfer that speed into the thing you're throwing.

I always try and keep the speed of my skeets going pretty fast probably 30-40ish on the speedometer.

Also a thing to note is that, when skeeting always try and have the fist part hit your target, because not only will it look better, but the fist will break joints much easier than a wrist would.

I'll post a replay to show you. (this is a kickskeet, but the concept is pretty much the same)

Originally Posted by dupbuck View Post
I have a simple question, how can you maximize flow in a replay? I can never get proper flow and they kinda just flehfleh.

To maximize flow, always look at your ghost and see how much speed is being transferred to your next move. Also try and keep the flow going by pushing your self in the direction of where the energy is going.

This is probably most notable in breakdancing replays, because the replay maker makes his body move in a fasion where he is keeping the flow so he can keep his tori spinning whether that be in the air, doing windmills, flares, etc.

---------------------------------
Attached Files
50 Shades of Red.rpl (313.3 KB, 18 views)
Last edited by MrJingles; Sep 10, 2013 at 01:10 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Another thing to not is that hitting the joint isn't always necessary.
If you can manage to get enough speed and power, you can always choose to just smash your projectile straight into the part you want and if you do it right, you'll achieve that beauty.
I attached a fairly shitty replay that uses complete power to achieve a skeetcap.
You can just either hit it hard enough that the momentum will either
  1. Smash the body part into the adjacent joint and cause it to just break apart or
  2. Hit it so that the momentum of the skeet will move the body part in a way that it will reach the maximum of it's extension and the resulting momentum the skeet has will dm it.
Note that these kind of booties are marginally harder to get, since they require lots more power to smash the joint. Also, you'll probably have to grab, since transferring the momentum without grabbing requires a ridiculous amount of aim and patience.
Attached Files
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Also, adding something to what Dscigs said, the easiest way to break a joint is to make it move in a way or manner that it's not supposed to. In the replay he posted the decap occured mostly because of the power, but also because the hand's momentum was going left, and the neck doesn't go left, it only goes up and down, and that made it break.
oh yeah
umm, do breaks have anything to do with replaymaking? I made replays for a period of time and stopped for about a month, when I made my first replay afterward it showed a marginal amount of improvement not only from the replies but from my own point of view as well
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Generally if you stop making replays, depending on how long, you forget stuff.
But then again, sometimes you just aren't creative and when you come back you just have better ideas on what to do and how to do it.
I guess, there hasn't really been any official study done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
if you quit for a week or two and come back you actually become better. it's happened to all of us.
oh yeah