Toribash
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Keep the talk on piracy down guys, gaming chat does have rules.

And pirating minecraft seems a wasted effort anyway.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Pirating Minecraft is impossible.

The software is free, you can download the alpha client without logging in. You can play single player without an account.

There is no way to connect to a multiplayer server without an account (unless it is using custom verification of course, however this method is not pirating).

In short, you cannot pirate software that is free to download.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
It's like calling Garena an multiplayer piracy enabler, when all it's like is Hamachi.
(References, Woo!)
I don't feel a thing, and I stopped remembering
the days are just like moments turned to hours
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Pirating Minecraft is impossible.

The software is free, you can download the alpha client without logging in. You can play single player without an account.

There is no way to connect to a multiplayer server without an account (unless it is using custom verification of course, however this method is not pirating).

In short, you cannot pirate software that is free to download.

Beta is not free, though.

I would agree that, since this is a independent game, and a greatly innovative one at that, that Notch deserves his well-earned pay. But I wouldn't say it's wrong to pirate a game, see if you like it, and then buy it afterwards... I'm going to stop here, because I feel a ban coming on.
Hey. Sup
Originally Posted by WhirlWindX View Post
Beta is not free, though.

I would agree that, since this is a independent game, and a greatly innovative one at that, that Notch deserves his well-earned pay. But I wouldn't say it's wrong to pirate a game, see if you like it, and then buy it afterwards... I'm going to stop here, because I feel a ban coming on.

Not siding with anyone, but...

1160487 (30.88%) have bought[*] the game.
1160487*14,95 EUR = 17,349,280 EUR

17,349,280 EUR = 23,727,242.24 USD
Which is, in swedish currency, 153,164,795.88 SEK.
Perhaps we should stop talking about piracy stuff before a mod decides to start hurling infractions/bans and/or closes this great thread?
Except he loses probably more than half of that because of Swedish tax.

Even if it is a large amount of money that doesn't mean it's not well earned. If you made a game that 1 million people loved and paid for, you'd feel like you didn't earn it?
<ducky> The game.
<siku> ducky: i didnt know this was 2005 and 4chan
<siku> sorry, i hate the game and you should shut the fuck up about that retarded bullshit
<siku> you should link us to awesome and edgy motivational pics next or maybe pedobear
<siku> inb4 rep needs toriprime or vip lmao rofl that /b/ is grate
<siku> is this the part where you educate me on memes, further showcasing your amazing 4chan findings
<siku> word x is a meme lmao rofl
<+veb> someone make ducky smod
He's still got more than a lifetimes supply of money, taxes or no taxes.
And again, not siding with anyone. just stating the facts.