Toribash
Originally Posted by fogle View Post
i saw them on my friends computer right now, they are not all that great, u didnt really *win* those matches 100% u kinda just spun around alot... shouldnt style include complete control of the opponent? im probably rong, since u are such a high belt, but thats my noob opinion

Style is more about controlling yourself. Getting low and spinning fast (and still controlling yourself) are some of the most stylish things you can do imo ;)

Spin also creates momentum. Depending on how good you are, momentum can be good or bad. If you can't control your momentum, you'll go all over the place and you end up getting punched or kicked in the groin. Ouch. But when you use the momentum to your advantage and add more weight into your attack, that is when you get a nice "crunch" sound and your opponent's body parts go flying off somewhere

You can't really control your opponent (unless your opponent is uke lol)
You can manipulate them though. Which is what Kr3w is famous for. Have a look at some of his replays in the replay thread. Now they are DAMN impressive
[A L P H A]
See fogle, you confuse pwning (playing opponent like a pawn he is) and being stylish. One is separate with the other.
Example: you make one natural-looking backflip, and kick guy's head off in the middle flight. The fact that you could pull such a flip, and the flip itself - style. Dm - a bit of luck that he placed himself in the right position and... erm dunno.

See, imo, you should concentrate not on dms or fracs or hits whatsoever, but in the style you move, the fact that you can save dqs from what already looks like dqd, that you can stand to the ground, and to your opponent without flying away. That you can make natural looking moves, that you can dance whether oponent is close to you or not. Now you spoke only about winning. Getting more score, or opponent who dqs, whatever. style != (doesn't equal) win in the game. But style is win, in our (RA) hearts. And if you ever consider joining us, you gotta have style.
Have it this way. You wanna play, just to win by all means (copycatting for example, tripoding when extending one limb towards opponent and waiting for him to crush against it, spamming few good moves all the time), or just believe lucky dming hit or just, suck-ass strong hit is better than hit with style, then you should look somewhere else.
This clan's aim is different, dude.
We aim to be stylish as (bleep) ;P.

PS. Now pwning and being stylish are DIFFERENT things, but aren't opposite. So you definitely can have one and another. That's the main deal, dude. Just I saw you judging >stylish< replays on a dismemberments basis, which isn't right thinking. Hope some shit is cleared out here well enough.
Last edited by Sahee; Nov 7, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
deady: "Sahee (...) you bitter Pollock (...)"
sure is =),
the problem was for me that imo style is Not winning, but being able to move deliberately, strongly, and quickly, i believe that if u can lure sum1 into a trap, and do it on purpose, then u stylishly attacked ur opponent, this does not always go for the win of course, but people always compliment me in matches (mostly taekkyon)
u guys are definitely more stylish fighters than i am, and i will try to be at a level thatr u guys are at, i will probably never actually "apply" here, since id rather lead my clan, i was in another clan "parrot" for a while and they taught me how i should lead, imo and my clan mates opinions, i am an OK leader =)
i really appreciate ALL of your help, it has definitely helped me to understand an advanced players standpoint =)

cya =)
AAAAIIIIEEE MAYENIAAAAA AKLABABEESHEEBAABAAA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
is this style + control?
Attached Files
funz.rpl (123.0 KB, 11 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude, put briefly, You're wasting my time now. You're not interested in getting in then I won't bother getting you up to our standards. Your comprehension on what is stylish and ours might be different if you judge it from other points of view than we. Now please, quit the thread, and think about the fact that "stylish moves" "strong hits" and "well placed hits" (giving you dms and fracs, for example), ain't the same. I think you're confusing style with some other things. But deciding whether you want to learn more about it all is your choice, and please don't do it in this thread as it was done for definitely some other purpose.
Now as I said in other places, I have no intention of teaching random people.
Read: As you're not in, you're not even applying, then I'm not interested in fixing you up to our vision on the world etcs. or working on you in anyway. As I already said, what you showed "ain't quite what I wanted". Now please, pursue your goals on some other grounds than "RA-land".

P.S. "just checking" your options to get into other clans?
Dude it's hard not to draw conclusions that you're looking for a way to escape from there, what doesn't make you so "ok leader" actually.
What other reasons should you "check out in which clan your membership application would be accepted" for? I mean ponder on how does this look like, you and anybody from your clan who look here, as I don't need your answers for myself. Now dude, let's finish this. I'm bored with you ;p. Go;)
Last edited by Sahee; Nov 7, 2008 at 09:24 PM.
lol u got it, i wont be check here after this message =)

im not trying to escape at all, ima actually trying to find ways to improve my clan by seeing what advanced clans think of me

really sorry for wasting ur time guys =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ok, well, i am handing over the leader position at superbad to my co-leader, mc1ovin. and i am now unclanned. i was wondering if i could actually apply here still, since this is the best of the best when it comes to clans =). atm i am grounded and cannot show recent replays, but i can show you my best, and worst fights from the past =).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do your best :P. And be around the clan for some time. I hate to get strangers in, you know what I mean? Wouldn't like to have a walking disappointment in mah house. ;3
you got it man =) i appreciate it, ima be ur new little nuisance =) lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]