Toribash
View Poll Results: All in?
YES
4 Votes / 50.00%
no
4 Votes / 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Striking Reborn got some good attention pretty fast at its start as well, didn't keep it from going inactive after a few months ;o

I'm not hurt ^^ just trying to save you guys some troubles and wasted time, I realized what creating and keeping an org active really is, and it's a pain in the ass for not much interest from outsiders in the end, especially for such mods like wushu (and other classic striking mods), there's a pretty limited amount of people showing any interest for those mods/events, and we already have that specific playerbase. Any events we'll make will always bring the same 40~50 players.

If you can just dig TW back from the grave and have it official again, with all it's arts and threads already, go for it ! I'm still down for wushu. (whenever I start playing again xD)
But if you have to redo everything and go back to unofficial board and do all the work to have the same exact playerbase and just have some wushu events, it's not worth the hassle as we already have dis.
Last edited by deprav; Nov 19, 2015 at 10:46 PM.
I have always said that wushu is a competitive mod among those who actually know what the fuck they are doing. There are such flaws as random fracs, and i believe that that's the only problem with wushu.

Many people say that the whole "running" thing is the game breaker because "if its competitive, you should be able to do whatever the fuck you can to win the match", boxing is a competitive sport and that doesn't mean that the boxers are allowed to bite their balls of each other to win the match.

TW thrived back then because wushu was a popular thing, i suggest a big event with equally big prizes to open up the org to awake the interest of people for wushu, if anyone is willing AND has the time for it, i would like to share this "idea" and polish it until it becomes a well structured and organized plan.
On it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by War View Post
Hmmmmm I quite like this idea Brucia. I am very aware of the lack of wushu these days. Im probably the most common person you see in the public wushu servers.

Ontop of reviving a wushu organization, maybe we could put together a little fl0w sponsored Wushu Tournament, but we would have to think of a way to make it more interesting to gain a good amount of players.

Any thoughts guys?

fl0w+jolly mega super duper event?

Originally Posted by deprav View Post
I'm not with you guys on this one, I don't see the point of making a step to go back 3+ years ago to re-make an org that was stuck in pointless wars and groundless e-peen contests.

Wushu always have had a rather limited public ; and people outside don't feel the desire to be inside an elitist group/org, even more for a mod they don't understand. Most of them just try to farm TCs on scrub mods and flee challenge.

And wushu will always have its reputation of "not a competitive mod", that's why I got rid of the name with the striking mods, so we can do whatever the fuck we want with it and not have people complaining "it's not wushu" (or rk-mma, or lenshu... depending on which version of the mod we're talking about), have a new brand.

And the few people that are interested and good at wushu are the same people who already are in Striking reborn, that's just redundant.

Edit : bah, you know what. Don't mind me, I'm not playing anyway.

lol,i remember the opposite was also true back then,whushu was the competitive mod
ehhh

about TW, it was more or less consistent because of heavy promotion of improv, and even enforcing it, and also tiers that allowed everyone to jon, but needed to show their competency relative to objective requirements to advance and be elite

which in the end only a few people cared anyway

wushu is not coming back, as i said aaaages ago when mushu started to be played more often and some retarded staff members decided to start team mushu and promote it, while the rest were passive agressive to the whole "wushu crowd" because we were trying to keep our environment safe.

so in short - making new org or reviving tw is pointless at this point and was so for atleast a year or two. we tried to undertake something serious like competative mods in general to have striking, grappling and kicking, to have 3 competative mods for ranking, clan wars etc etc etc, but you cant really reason with people who don't play the game anymore and want to "satisfy general populace"

i'd say don't bother, cancerous mushu isn't going anywhere just like cancerous aikidobigdojo.
afterall these are the lowest common denominators,

what am i even talking about? the game is abandoned long time ago, lol
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
lol,i remember the opposite was also true back then, wushu* was the competitive mod

Nuff said, we all belong in an era long forgotten. Nowadays easy coin through ABD duels have brainwashed people into thinking that "what is today has always been". I tried playing some spirit wrestling and people asked when I made the mod... And no, there were 10th dan ppl asking that Q as-well, not only new ppl.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I was introduced to spirit mod by Snake.
First time I played that, I was like ''wth is this, why do I lose even when I'm wining''. XD
Doing an event anyway fuck all of you

<3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu