Toribash
Gangplank is a very shabby character. His ult is almost useless (yes, you heard me) due to the random factor (I've honestly walked through one of those without boots at level 6 and didn't get hit. Lucky? Maybe. But it doesn't deal that much damage or slow that much anyway.) He has the only ability that denies your creeps, but eh, it's still pretty weak. His Q and E are pretty alright, but that basically makes him a two-trick pony.

Garen, on the other hand, is ludicrously good early-game, and all of his skills have a decent use.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Gangplank is a very shabby character. His ult is almost useless (yes, you heard me) due to the random factor (I've honestly walked through one of those without boots at level 6 and didn't get hit. Lucky? Maybe. But it doesn't deal that much damage or slow that much anyway.) He has the only ability that denies your creeps, but eh, it's still pretty weak. His Q and E are pretty alright, but that basically makes him a two-trick pony.

Garen, on the other hand, is ludicrously good early-game, and all of his skills have a decent use.

Gangplank is fairly useless all together.
His Q is able to do some nice burst damage but this is about the only skill gangplank will be using since gangplank can't really go toe-to-toe with anyone. A well-rounded team with proper DPS, survivability and debuffs could take a gangplank, (especially with an ashe, who could slow him constantly, disregarding the remove scurvy). And yeah, his ultimate is useless, it's like rolling dice and even if it hits someone, it does crap for damage, the slow is the big part of his ULTIMATE. Gangplank is an akward support character with not much support at all.

Garen is good all game. He can tank, silence, push and pick off hurt champions. The only bad thing I can think of with him is that positioning is a bit difficult.
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?
You have a gangplank that's going critical with phantom dancers/infinity edge and he does far enough damage with his normal attack, being able to critical for around 800~+ with one move that has a fairly low cooldown is just a bonus, he doesn't suck, if you played with a bad one then that was the player not gangplank.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
You have a gangplank that's going critical with phantom dancers/infinity edge and he does far enough damage with his normal attack, being able to critical for around 800~+ with one move that has a fairly low cooldown is just a bonus, he doesn't suck, if you played with a bad one then that was the player not gangplank.

Critical builds don't work for every character and by the time, he gets the gold for phantom dancers and infinity edge, everyone on the other team is probably going to out build him anyway making him ultimately fail. Sure, you could hit 800 with a crit but here's my team and we are going to hurt you because you think you can kill all of us. Gangplank is not a carry.
I don't know if you play in practice games with level 5's but any avid player of LoL knows that a properly built gangplank can tear mostly anybody apart in a 1v1, and that's when he is not fed.

Let me put it this way, no champion is bad.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
I don't know if you play in practice games with level 5's but any avid player of LoL knows that a properly built gangplank can tear mostly anybody apart in a 1v1, and that's when he is not fed.

Let me put it this way, no champion is bad.

An avid player of LoL doesn't go 1v1.
Originally Posted by ChrisDom View Post
An avid player of LoL doesn't go 1v1.

You can't always stick together, if you want to say, go get a buff, you're not always going to get someone to come with you, any chance someone has when you are alone can be a 1v1.