Toribash
I tried Irelia in 1v1 proving grounds, she is AMAZING! But my level 5 opponent (friend) could have just made it easy for me...
Dose is dead.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
You might want to work on your cs. With a score of 10/8/4 against 5/4/2, you were probably controlling top lane. However, he has almost double your cs, which shouldn't have happened. You either are spending too much time roaming as top, or you aren't getting your last hits. That also makes your BT a lot more useless.

Top should really only roam when either a) your mid is getting stomped or is getting overextended on, or b) top is getting stomped and you have a large (20 or so) cs advantage, so you can afford to leave the lane. Helping the jungle when he's invading or is invaded is an exception to this. If he needs help, you usually give it. It can result in a kill on the enemy jungle and some free buffs, which is always sweet and usually results in easy lane dominance.

Csing should be your priority in lane, only going for harass when they go for a behind lines cs (i.e. caster minion when some melee are still up), or when you know you can win an exchange and have no enemy minions really low on health. The first situation gives the first hit advantage, as their aa is being used for a cs. This also means if they retaliate, they're surrounded by your minions, so you get all the minions aa as help, while his minions have to move forward and around your minions to attack you. They're also further extended, which means you have less distance to retreat than he does. Keep in mind that every time you aa harass, you push your lane a little bit because enemy minion agro changes to you for a brief moment, which lets your minions get free hits on the enemy minions, pushing the lane. The second is more to bully them out of getting cs. This allows you to freely cs and get a gold advantage. This heavily pushes the lane, and opens you up to ganks. Wards are necessary when you start to zone.

Why thank you oracle.
You're actually right, my cs is bad as hell and every lane but mine got stomped and I had to save my junglers ass several times, but yeah, like I said, thank you for your effort and advice.
Last edited by Chuck; Oct 3, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
<ego>holy fuck a bat is in my room
- ego quit (Ping timeout)
Noah, not that i know of, but really, just harass people like a bitch. and when you know you are going to die, obviously run at the person so you know you can chase them easier.
Also when play ranked I usually go support blitzcrank, Alistar, and Soraka. But i can't seem to be decent with Taric. Any help?
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I'm starting to play Kog'Maw.
Any propro tips?

If support offered, pick Nunu. That speed attack buff makes your game even easier. That has been tested on ranked games with my 1,6k elo friend. Maybe not much, but when he went Kog'Maw and i got Nunu, we basically won every bot lane. :P
Originally Posted by Macrid View Post
But i can't seem to be decent with Taric. Any help?

Lane with someone you know.
Duo que.
They have to be equally aggressive as you and on the same note with you to function at maximum capacity.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I'm starting to play Kog'Maw.
Any propro tips?

Love my little butterfly. Matters if you're going AD or AP. I'm assuming AD.

Rule number 1. Max W, then Q, not Q then W. Brain dead statement, but I've met a few people who did the latter and not the former.
Rule number 2. Play it safe and get cs up to 6. At 6, start harassing every so often with your ult to prevent the enemy from csing unless they have a good heal (raka and the likes). Still get cs, as your ult is a quick, easy, mana efficient harass at level 6 to 7, and decent at 8. Scales off at 9 and 10, picks up again at 11. Remember that this is not your damage, but a harass. AA will outdamage R, especially by the end of the game.
Rule number 3. FARM FARM FARM AND FARM. NEVER LEAVE YOUR LANE EXCEPT FOR DRAGON, RED BUFF, AND ITEMS. When the laning phase is still going on, you need that gold. Kog is one of the best scaling AD carries in the game, so you want to play to mid to late game with him. Never forget your cs.
Rule 4. Get a skin. There's no real benefit to this, but Kog has some of the best skins in the game. I personally prefer Monarch Kog'Maw :3
Rule 5. Positioning is key with Kog'Maw. His increased range makes you want to be on the front line to harass, but it leaves you open to an initiation. You should be able to comfortably harass from behind your tanks using your R, and somewhat decently among your tanks using W. Do not do the latter unless they have no real initiation. You are HUGE damage potential, with little survivability in close range. You should not be risking the team fight for just a few AAs
Rule 6. Save the slow for when the fight picks up, not on the initiation. During a team fight, a well placed E can literally divide the enemy team, or bottle neck them. This allows you to effectively pick the enemy off at your own leisure from a distance, while they're stuck wallowing in your void slime, panicking from the slow, and usually focusing closer targets because of it.
Rule 7. Buy that skin. Seriously. The butterfly. Too stonk.

Originally Posted by Macrid View Post
Also when play ranked I usually go support blitzcrank, Alistar, and Soraka. But i can't seem to be decent with Taric. Any help?

Ask your AD carry how you want to play, passively or kill lane. If passive, max Q first. If kill, max that aura thingy first. Max the other next after the other. Only one point in your stun.
You should be zoning similarly to blitzcrank and alistar when playing aggressive, by constantly feinting pushes at the ad carry whenever safe to do so. If you can force them to back off, they lose cs. If they don't back off, you can get some free hits in, which will start to zone them. Your heal effects both you and your target, so you have massive lane sustainability. Tell your AD carry when you're going to get a few stray hits in for your passive mana regen. You don't want to accidently steal some cs.
When passive, save the stun to stop engages. Mainly bush monkey, and keep your AD carry healthy with the heal whenever possible. If you aren't taking much damage, invest some points in the aura ahead of time. Your heal doesn't scale as well as Soraka's, so you can afford to bounce between the two. In a nutshell, one heal should cover one harass. If you're overhealing, you've invested too much imo.
And remember. You are the initiator in a kill lane. Stun > Ult > Aura is a massive burst in early game, and it gives an extra damage aura to your AD carry. That's the cue they're looking for. The CD is also astronomically low, so don't be stringent.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Love my little butterfly. Matters if you're going AD or AP. I'm assuming AD.

Rule number 1. Max W, then Q, not Q then W. Brain dead statement, but I've met a few people who did the latter and not the former.
Rule number 2. Play it safe and get cs up to 6. At 6, start harassing every so often with your ult to prevent the enemy from csing unless they have a good heal (raka and the likes). Still get cs, as your ult is a quick, easy, mana efficient harass at level 6 to 7, and decent at 8. Scales off at 9 and 10, picks up again at 11. Remember that this is not your damage, but a harass. AA will outdamage R, especially by the end of the game.
Rule number 3. FARM FARM FARM AND FARM. NEVER LEAVE YOUR LANE EXCEPT FOR DRAGON, RED BUFF, AND ITEMS. When the laning phase is still going on, you need that gold. Kog is one of the best scaling AD carries in the game, so you want to play to mid to late game with him. Never forget your cs.
Rule 4. Get a skin. There's no real benefit to this, but Kog has some of the best skins in the game. I personally prefer Monarch Kog'Maw :3
Rule 5. Positioning is key with Kog'Maw. His increased range makes you want to be on the front line to harass, but it leaves you open to an initiation. You should be able to comfortably harass from behind your tanks using your R, and somewhat decently among your tanks using W. Do not do the latter unless they have no real initiation. You are HUGE damage potential, with little survivability in close range. You should not be risking the team fight for just a few AAs
Rule 6. Save the slow for when the fight picks up, not on the initiation. During a team fight, a well placed E can literally divide the enemy team, or bottle neck them. This allows you to effectively pick the enemy off at your own leisure from a distance, while they're stuck wallowing in your void slime, panicking from the slow, and usually focusing closer targets because of it.
Rule 7. Buy that skin. Seriously. The butterfly. Too stonk.

Thanks Oracle!
#1 helper in this thread

Also, my favorite is Deep Sea.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
HOLY SHIT. I NEED TO TAKE MY ANGER OUT SOMEWHERE, SO YOU GUYS GET TO LISTEN! \o/

I PLAYED MY FIRST GAME AS KHAZIX
6/0 EVERYTHING IS GREAT
STUPID FUCKING VLADIMIR FED THE FUCK OUT OF TOP LANE
WE LOST MISERABLY.
IM TIRED OF PIECES OF SHIT THAT GET MATCHED UP W/ ME.
I LOOKED AT IT AFTER THE GAME, AND MY TEAM WAS LVL 15 or so
AND THE ENEMY TEAM WAS LVL 28's AND 25's.

what the FUUUUUUCK. Is it just me getting matched with the shittiest people in the world that don't even know how to play? LITERALLY, THIS VLADIMIR. WITH FUCKING GARBAGE ITEMS, WOULD JUST WALK UP TO FED GAREN AND JUST GET KILLED WITH NO ATTEMPT TO GET OUT OF THE SITUATION. ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT HE GOT KILLED, BUT COMPLAINED ABOUT OP GAREN AFTER HE DIED. AFTER TELLING HIM HE SUCKED, HE BLAMED THE LOSS ON ME, FOR BEING SELF CENTERED.

WHY YOU FUCK ME RIOT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Last edited by sham; Oct 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
inq.
Hey all I have played Lol for two day an I love it lols although alot of ppl on my team feed my opponenets =D but I'm looking for friends an good players that way I won't get stuck with noobs so add me if you want to. XxTimeGodxX
I can prove Sir Issac's theory wrong watch me fly?