View Poll Results: All in?
YES
4 Votes / 50.00%
no
4 Votes / 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

some afterthoughts:

First of all, it was a fun tourney and I´m glad so many ppl showed up.

Most of u know that the "healthbar"thing is an old idea but one that always interested me just because
it could potentially fix the one most annoying problem in striking mods which is, imo ofcourse ,running.
A small ring can prevent running but it also limits the movements too much, also its a totally viable strategy
to run(jump out of the ring in the air) in the last 2 turns.blablabla u all know that.

Why do ppl run-because they want to win,which is a legit goal.

There´s not one single incentive for a player who wants to win to comeback to the enemy when he is leading in points.

So this healtbarthing is supposed to create this incentive to cb or at the very least stay where u are and set up a defensive position.In any way multiple contacts are assured.

The tourney last sunday showed me some things.
-60k is an appropriate amount of points.(also it was seldom reached last sunday due to early dqs).
-a public event would most likley be bothersome,but i think it could work for a TW event.
-apparently sundays at 7pm utc +2 is a good time for most of us.
-Holo op,needs nerf^^

At some point i would like to make a thread in the suggestionsboard but i want to gather further opinions
so i can see if there is any demand for this idea and i want to play more games with the healthbar.
Because of that i will make a room (almost)every sunday at 7 pm utc 2 for fl0w and friends.the room will be called fl0w.
Join if u want to play strikingmods with the "healthbar" and get together as a clan.

Also i will randomly open rooms called kane which will be public for everyone who has read,understood and plays by the rules.

Also, some thoughts on the difficulty for the devs to implement this idea...I just have VERY basic insight in coding so excuse me
if these thoughts are wrong.
I programmed things like "hello world" and did some beginners programms years ago and if i recall correctly
u could code IF (something happens) THEN (something happens).So IF(60k(or any other amount) points scored)THEN(u win).IF(no player scored 60k points AND matchframes run out)THEN(draw).
Now , i also know that in a more complex programm u have to be very careful with changes because they can break a lot so it wont be as easy as writing 2 lines of code.
But i still BELIEVE this idea could be implemented RELATIVLY easily which is a MAJOR point in having a chance to see it implemented at some point.
If someone has more insight in coding i would love to hear his opinion on this.

So,join fl0w later guys and if u could please write in this thread what are your thoughts on this "healthbarthing".
Do u think it is a good idea?Would u like to see this implented as an OPTIONAL!!! gamerule setting?do u see flaws?
(sounds like a waste of time to ask U guys that because i think most of u like it but i would like to hear ur opinion anyway)
Last edited by Kane; Oct 19, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
That tourney was very fun last sunday, worked out well.
dun nerf meh plez

About the last part about the coding or whatever: I'm sure there's a trigger in modmaker about reaching a certain score, not sure I'll have to look at it or ask someone about it. You could make a whole list of new mods with this healthbar thing, would be cool to see in public rooms/official tourneys.
Yes, i also think it would be awesome in public rooms/events.It would also prevent a lot of rage, i guess^^.

Deprav asked the modding und script guys similar questions some time ago but i cant seem to find the posts or they have been deleted.(If u can search the forums holo , please search for depravs post in the lua and mod section)
Anyway , if i recall correctly, the answer was that there is indeed a wintrigger but it is locked and cannot be unlocked by scripting/modding.
(is that correct deprav?)

edit: holo,someday i will fly downunder,drink some gallons of ur Aussibeer , hunt u down on ur sheepfarm and break all of ur fingers.
that should nerf u enough so i have a chance xD

Last edited by Kane; Oct 19, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Thanks Holo.I was searching in the question-threads not the suggest threads -.-.

Anyway,looks like this needs actual developers work.

hampa pls^^
-----
jo fl0w in 40 mins. 7: 30 pm
Last edited by Kane; Oct 19, 2014 at 06:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I think that in the box wushu mod there is no need for health bar. the room is small enough that comebacks are easy and it's pretty hard to run even if you want to. Maybe it's because I lost bcs of the health bar but I think it was unnecessary in the box mod.
Hampa> dont loose if you want to be ranked high :)
Hampa> yeah, a timeless wisdom right there
but the box mod sux control wise and requieres less skill imo. It's way easier to save and comeback, and bad control mistakes aren't punished since you're saved by walls and ceilling !