Toribash
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Sorry I haven't been around recently. Work + the project I'm working on that I'm dedicating tons of time to because I think it is an important thing = me being distracted.

Concerning the lack of a poll - we don't have a poll because once they're set: they can't be changed, if you want it removed a moderator needs to do it. I put one there as a test, found it pointless, and asked a mod to remove it. It is indeed possible to put a poll onto a thread in-vivo.

I need someone to send me an email (coltonjp@gmail.com - please) or something or a post to explain what we need to apply for being official. Also my proposed plan concerning setting up our most active players with boosters - I'll be reviewing the relevant information this weekend and getting that done I think.

---

Good to see you guys all still posting and having a good time. De4th doing an awesome job managing things.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Administrator of Oblivion. Former Administrator of RIP.
Blank Das Keyboard, Arch, J, Erlang, Haskell - You can always be better.
Swoooooooo

In other relevant news, gonna be on and playing a lot today, I expect. Probably twinswords. Maybe some judo. Proceeds (if any) will be delivered to the clan. I guess as a mage I have a long way to go as far as donations are concerned.
I'm an oldstyle peacekeeper in an age without them. I'm a fluid-gendered romantic with an eye for good writing. I'm a studier of martial disciplines of many kinds, and a bit of a geek when it comes to fiction.

I love to play games and I love learning new things, so in that sense I suppose I'm a people person. I pride myself on my ability to get along with just about anyone, so long as I've been fed in recent memory, but as they say- pride cometh before the fall. I'm certain someone I can't stand will show up eventually.

In my spare time I'm probably writing up posts for my blog of poetry and stories: http://samoliver.wordpress.com
My Humble Application To Oblivion (title sounds a bit apocalyptic)
Preface: I apologize for interrupting any ongoing conversations. In order to avoid a repetition of this incident, it would be wise to accept me as to prevent repeated applications. Lol. Joke. Jokes are supposed to be funny ... That was in no conceivably-possible way funny ... I feel ashamed ... Anyway ...

===Contact information:

--- Your Skype, Steam, and/or email: si.timee.daa.ni@gmail.com (unsolicited fyi: it means "This might be Timee" in English")

--- List your alternate accounts: TheTimee

=== Describe yourself briefly, in one paragraph.

I'm a really nice dude both in the game and in real life. I'm 16 and I'm gonna be a sophomore in university this coming school year, and my freshman year was a blast. Most of my friends, and almost all of the people that know me, would characterize me as the "cool, lead guitar playing, varsity debating, hard drinking, womanizing, Volkswagen Beetle driving nerd/all-around smartass/geek/bro". I'm very amiable and I'm a REALLY HUGE FAN of intellectual discourse.

=== Why do you want to join Oblivion? Are there any members that you have already associated with? Are there any particular aspects of the clan that appeal to you?

The one thing that I've been looking for in a clan ever since I've started playing Toribash (which is not very long; I'm fairly new to this game actually) is the "cohesiveness" of the members, not only in terms of being awesome Toribash fighters that help each other get better, but also in terms of being online friends that share their experiences in life and empathize with one another. As I started observing certain clans that I wanted to join, I saw that while all of them had "cohesiveness" in terms of achieving ingame goals, such as becoming official, very few clans had members who actually valued the other sides of the lives of their co-members. Oblivion is one of those clans. Ever since Oblivion started its operations as a clan, I saw how your clan thread was not only a place for discussing replays, avvys, and recruitment, it was also a virtual lounge where members can share their joys and troubles in life, and even find help and support along the way. In short, Oblivion is a "family", and I sincerely want to be a part of that "family".

P.S. I have not associated with any members of Oblivion yet, primarily because I'm relatively new to the game.

=== Describe your experience with Toribash, and the forum community. Have you joined any other clans before? How often are you likely to be active in-game/on the forum/on IRC?

From the get go, I instantly felt that Toribash would be a nice game for somebody who wants to be able to socialize online without running the risk of possible kidnapping and/or private information-related bodily harm. My time as a white belt all the way to green belt was super fun, because I made lots of friends. After I became a blue belt, my friends ingame stopped playing, which kinda sucked. Because of this, I started looking for a clan with which I can gain even more friends. I've been in three clans up until now. The Solar Empire (which became the Toribash Air Force a few days after I joined; I left because it was very inactive), Toasty (which is basically dead now), and Shield (I joined Shield three days after I left the Toasty, in accordance with the rules). I politely and voluntarily left all of those clans because I did not feel that sense of "belongingness" in each of them, especially in Shield, wherein I was seen as being rather "disposable". Also, I did not like the type of activity in their threads. Each of those clan's threads was entirely dominated by ingame stuff; more than that, they were completely devoid of fun stuff such as discussions on favorite childhood games and hypothetical plans to regain control of penguin-ruled Antarctica. These things account for my low post count. Oblivion's thread, on the other hand, has all of the discussion-related madness I've been looking for. So basically, I'll be really active in the thread and IRC. Also, I'm very active ingame, because its summer vacay here in my place.

=== What is your favorite tertiary color?

It would have to blue-green. My two favorite colors, all in one!

=== Anything else you want to say? You may include art, replays, and any other works that you've made here, be they Toribash-related or not.

I've attached a replay. I'm a varsity debater at our university, and I've won a lot of trophies for our school both as a debater and an adjudicator. Also, I am (or at least for the moment, Iused to be) an avid player of RuneScape. It's the game that practically allowed me to survive high school (back when I had no idea how to socialize irl).

Fun Questions (optional, but improves your chances)

--- You're in a dark room with a tied up leader of Oblivion. What do you do?

I'll get my phone, I'll open up my browser, I'll load Oblivion's clan thread, I'll skip a few screens to my application, and then I'll bargain with the Oblivion leader to positively scrutinize my app and subsequently accept me as a part of the clan in exchange for me untying him/her. The dark is no longer a factor considering that my phone has a really bright backlight. Once that's done, we'll leave the room and have a few beers at the nearest pub.

--- Who's your daddy, and what does he do?

My daddy is alive, and he breathes via a cycle of inhalation and exhalation, at the very least. At the very most, he has the capacity to kill us all with his mind. I think he's Arnold Schwarzenegger, and he might be an undercover kindergarten cop, but I'm not sure.

--- If you were in a room with your closest friend and family member, and the only way out is for one of you to die, who would you kill? You, your friend, or your family member? If you don't choose at all, you will all die by the lack of oxygen.

I'd open a window. Or better yet, I'd kill the room, so that not only are no longer trapped, but everyone gets to live. YAY!

--- Provide an answer to this riddle:
Code:
What lies about, but doesn't have a truth to tell
What sprawls out, but doesn't have an ache to quell
Patterned, then battered, then thrown out

What is not all finished until it is dead
What is any color green to blue to red
Braided, then traded, then hated

I interpret it to mean an actor/actress, or people who act in general. Not only do they not have a truth to tell, considering that what they say is made up for the purpose of entertainment, but they are also pitifully dispensable, especially after they are no longer useful. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colours too.

--- Are you prepared and willing to have eggs implanted into your sternum?
Very much so, as long they aren't chestburster younglings. Those things are bad for a person's respiratory system.

That's all. Thank you for considering my app!
Attached Files
My First Wushu Victory.rpl (32.8 KB, 7 views)
fl0w
Timeenator: You've written what is, in my opinion, the most enjoyable application to read in this thread thus far. Clan invite has been sent; congratulations, and welcome.

As for the riddle, if it is of interest to you, it would be helpful if you were to interpret the entirety of it literally. I can see where you were going with actor/actress, but your interpretation is a bit too abstract.
-----
Originally Posted by Kveykva View Post
I need someone to send me an email (coltonjp@gmail.com - please) or something or a post to explain what we need to apply for being official.

Becoming an Official Clan
These are the requirements you must meet if you wish to apply to become an official clan. Your clan must:
  • Be at least 3 weeks old. We don't want clans dying while we vote on them.
  • Have at least 4 members.
  • Pay 50,000TC. If you want to become official, you have to earn it.
  • Have leaders which display competence and good leadership skills.
  • Have members who and behave respectfully and appropriately.

When you are ready, you can PM the following application and 50,000TC to a clan mod. The current clan mods are Fish, Uric, Brey, Lightningkid, Hamr, Erth and Delaid. If your clan gets rejected, you will get a 30,000TC refund. We don't give a full refund, this means if you are going to reapply, you take some time before hand to sort your clan out.

Clan Application
Clan name:
Clan tag:
Link to your clan's thread:
Link to any external forums if you are using any:
Clan subtitle: (optional)
Leaders name: (red and bold please)
Moderators you want for your board: (no more than 3 of your own clan members, the clan mods don't moderate your board for you)
If you get rejected, who to send the 30k refund to:

Timeenator: A definitely excellent application. Though your posting history overall is a little odd *shrugs*. I'm in favor of your invitation and hopeful participation in our clan regardless.

---

We'll take care of that this weekend then. (Applying)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Administrator of Oblivion. Former Administrator of RIP.
Blank Das Keyboard, Arch, J, Erlang, Haskell - You can always be better.
Avid approval for timee.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
A swell application
One of Timeenation
You grand oblator

And it prods me to say
It's an obvious yea
For Timeenator

Hope for timee the ace
This fine clan will embrace
Sooner than later