Toribash
I find that a good amoung of superhero movies are like that. The plot is, there is a villain and the hero has to kill him. I mean they are made based on comic books, but they do not actually follow what is in them. I like the new spiderman that came out, "The Amazing Spiderman" because it follow the comics a lot more than the older movies with Tobey Maguire. Also if you are into superhero's and comics, you know that the Fantastic Four movie is almost complete garbage. I can go on for hours talking about movies and other things related to this topic.
A hasbeen like the rest
Yeah, eventhough I have to admit that Marvel pretty much follows the original comics as good as possible. If you take a closer look on, for example, Iron Man 1 or the X-men saga you can clearly see, that they tried their best to stay to that given line. But another general problem is: a movie, probably a blockbuster with alot of common known actors, wants to address as many people as possible. Meaning they don't only wanna adress a bunch of people who already know the original story and want to see how it's delivered within a movie, but also many people who have literally no idea what the whole movie will be about. I don't know if it's good or bad, since I can somehow understand that kind of thinking. Same can be seen in a very drastic way with "The Fantastic Four", as you already mentioned. As a movie itself it wasn't that bad. Ok, it wasn't good neither, but you know what I mean. But as soon as you know the original storyline, the whole given movie about them is rubbish.

Nevertheless I like movies alot and could go on for hours, just talking about a single movie by, for example, Quentin Tarantino (I'm a big fan of his work :P), which leads me to the idea, that we could or even should start a new thread just about movies and what we think of them.
Well I'm not into superheroes that much so I'mma sit this conversation out.

Helpful quote

I'm not a nerd. I'm a gamer.
I think that is a great idea, I will post there like 100 times a day, and that will be the only forum I ever talk on. And like you, I agree Quentin Tarantino is great, especially Pulp Fiction. I love that movie and the actors in it. Also Django Unchained was good, but there are many other movies. If it is possible, when you create the movie thread can you put in a sub group. Put in a sub group for television shows. I spend most of my time sitting down and watching movies, so it is always nice to find a person that watches and feels the same way about movies as you do.
-----
Originally Posted by RangedThief3 View Post
Well I'm not into superheroes that much so I'mma sit this conversation out.

Well you don't necessarily have to be into superhero's. This is more of a movie topic not just superhero movies. Either way movies based off of comics don't always follow what was written in the comics. Movies tend to misconstrue the meanings and origins of superhero's when they are put into movies
Last edited by dannyrug; May 7, 2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A hasbeen like the rest
Same thing in videogames.

Helpful quote

I'm not a nerd. I'm a gamer.
Well, I came back to see all this, what exactly happened?
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
Was it good? Heard about some good reviews about it.
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
I'm pretty unsure about it. It wasn't brilliant but neither was it bad. Somehow a nice ending for the triology though and worth watching it once ;)
@Count:
This film was epic, i've loved watch it. I just think that some parts haven't need, but still good.