Toribash
She (my mother) has her virus ridden being coz she likes to use bit torrent for anything. She uses my PC only for things like Facebook and Banking. Mainly because I told her she will get her account hacked after using No Virus protection whatever and dling lots of files :P
separate computer for torrenting = good idea
using a computer that the grandma gets infected for banking = not good idea
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
My point exactly, its all cause she refuses to not click shiny pop ups and use internet explorer instead of Firefox, well I did what I did and just decided to wake up Early, sit on my computer chair and stare at the wall for an hour.. Just.. to prevent her infecting it, who the hell gets up at 6 am to go on Facebook any how? xD (Yes, my Grandmother LOVES facebook and the ads on the right side of the screen.)
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
My point exactly, its all cause she refuses to not click shiny pop ups and use internet explorer instead of Firefox, well I did what I did and just decided to wake up Early, sit on my computer chair and stare at the wall for an hour.. Just.. to prevent her infecting it, who the hell gets up at 6 am to go on Facebook any how? xD (Yes, my Grandmother LOVES facebook and the ads on the right side of the screen.)

You're doing it wrong. Literally.

First off, uninstall Internet Explorer. You can. Do it.

Second off, ADBLOCK. Simple Adblock for IE should work (considering that you don't have a clue regarding the process to uninstall IE in the first place).

Third, you may have an option if you don't use Facebook yourself: Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts
(Might be in the wrong order, I already have a gargantuan-sized list in that file
Edit it using notepad and add the line "127.0.0.1 facebook.com" without the quotation marks.

Boom, granny has no access to it.

I personally don't use... uh... MyBook or FacePlace.
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
> "127.0.0.1 facebook.com"

Haha, even better "goatse.ce facebook.com"

that will learn her.
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Or alternatively, ask/teach her to not do stupid things on your pc.
my grandfather asks me to help him everytime he needs to check facebook or register for some website or another
so he asks me about once a month, lol
Last edited by BenDover; Nov 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
My grandparents are quite computer proficient and use several security programs, and don't do anything retarded.

Last thing I helped them with was the security centre said that automatic updates were switched off when they weren't. I still don't know why it says that...

/pointless story share
Your grandma loves Facebook?
Strange....

Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
who the hell gets up at 6 am to go on Facebook any how? xD

Majority of my friends did.
Exchange homework etc. they goof around most of the time, posting something trivial to get attention.

Anyone play Fate/Extra on PSP?
hmm, I just realized.

how fucking old are you that your grandma can into computers and facebook and stuff

my grandmas dont even know what a computer is.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email slipanc@nabistudios.com if you have found a bug!

My Grandma knows that a computer is this box that lights up like a tv, but the remote is attached to the tv.
Hey got canned heat in my heels tonight baby
You know know know I'm gonna dance yeah