Ranking
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Lion would have been a real pain in the ass. I played him for the first time last night

Every single time my lane opponent was at around half hp

R = GGSCRUBBERINO

oh uh, what should I have built instead of BKB/SNY? I just built stuff out of the recommended items

Timber is really a fun hero. If the enemy lets you get bloodstone, they're fucked. Your spells have fairly low cooldown, and with the near unlimited mana from the bloodstone you can just spam. With your passive maxed, you can get a few stacks from minions (you get stacks from basic attacks) and it heals you + bonus armor.
f=m*a syens
oh uh, what should I have built instead of BKB/SNY? I just built stuff out of the recommended items

Drums + aquilla + phase would have been better than an S&Y in 1v1 games.
theyr cheaper and provide similar effects, with 1v1 you just wanna pull as much momentum out of the earlygame.
BKB is useless against timber, all his damage is pure damage, ignores magic and armour resistance, so i think it ignores BKB.

at TI3 they had a 1v1 tournament, 1v1 games are over after 10 minutes or when the tier 1 goes down, but more often than not, they were over by 5 minutes, so they usually only get to buy a bottle, treads and aquilla or something.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
so I 1v1'd jalis

get rekted son

I still have no clue what timbersaw does but damn he looks fun to play

Jalis made a bad decision choosing Timber. Timber just isn't a mid hero unless you're playing 5v5. By the way, Timber is only fun if you have infinite mana to spend and lots of trees around you to wreck. Your items for Terrorblade aren't what I would've went for but I guess everyone has their own personal preference. My core items would be something like mjolnir, manta style, life steal. Besides that, I'd just buy whatever based on how much gold I have to spend.
timber actually works quite well in a 1v1 situation.
his passive armour/regen allows him to get away with more harass than is usually possible.
and the 15% stat reduction from whirling death is scary as.
also all pure damage.

he should have complete lane control over most lanes up to level 8ish, if he can bully his way to a 1 level and 5-10cs advantage by that point, he could wreck tb.

tb is a stat based hero, so early levels especially, his whirling death would bring some serious pain.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I just see a serious disadvantage to Timbersaw being in the mid lane. There's no doubt that he can dish considerable amount of damage to Tb but given the fixed landscape in mid lane.. no for me. Maybe it's because I have the tendency to max timber chain first.
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
timber actually works quite well in a 1v1 situation.
his passive armour/regen allows him to get away with more harass than is usually possible.
and the 15% stat reduction from whirling death is scary as.
also all pure damage.

he should have complete lane control over most lanes up to level 8ish, if he can bully his way to a 1 level and 5-10cs advantage by that point, he could wreck tb.

tb is a stat based hero, so early levels especially, his whirling death would bring some serious pain.

I dunno I don't rate him because 15% stat loss is nothing to an agi hero, tb has high damage when trading so the regen isn't a big deal.

I don't think tb would be very scared, just build ring fast.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
bend, timber deals pure damage only if he hits a tree with the chakram. Also pure damage can be blocked with magic inmunity only; that's why it's a good item against OD, for example.
Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
bend, timber deals pure damage only if he hits a tree with the chakram. Also pure damage can be blocked with magic inmunity only; that's why it's a good item against OD, for example.

Yes, you're not gonna deal a lot of pure damage in mid unless you want to take some tower damage...
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by iAwesome View Post
Jalis made a bad decision choosing Timber.

It was a random. Jalis randomed, Hyde didn't.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH