Ranking
Kung-Fu here.
Doing it for around 6 years now.
I'm 18 years old. 7th belt, we gain 1 rank every year but I gained two ranks in my second year.
I love it
Last edited by AlphasoniK; Oct 2, 2009 at 01:35 AM.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
I do Krav Maga :> I'm not as good as those steroid-using masters or say, Jason Bourne, but I find it very practical/useful/generally badass.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I turned blackbelt at Tae Kwon Do when I was 10. I have the certificate to prove it too. Also, the master who graded me was from Korea, which is to my knowledge, where TKD originated, so I would think that's an achievement.

I'm 13 atm, 2nd dan black belt. Btw, TKD goes:

Blackbelt
1st dan blackbelt
2nd dan blackbelt

Not like Toribash where it goes blackbelt to 2nd dan.

That depends on the style, I did TKD for like 7 years, ended up at 3rd Dan/degree black belt.
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
That depends on the style, I did TKD for like 7 years, ended up at 3rd Dan/degree black belt.

I assume your teacher was one of the generic ones who just do it for the money?

I would say, my teacher does it for pleasure and to pass on the knowledge. He has a normal day job and is really nice and invites most of his students to his house for special occasions (easter, xmas etc.) to have a barbecue. Also, he's asian.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I assume your teacher was one of the generic ones who just do it for the money?

Aha, thats what my Grandmaster did.
Made it to brown in Judo before I ran out of money to pay the USJA... so I quit. I miss it.

I also took Mudokwan for a year as a part of a school program... it pretty much sucked.

I was signed up for a capoeira class this fall, but again, I ran out of money and had to cancel. :/
i did TKD im 12 i turned brown belt when i was 10 i was the youngest ever to turn bbrown i was hella good i even taught littles kids but it got boring as shit so i asked my dad to quit and i did!!!