Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by snake View Post
strongly against wushu3 tourney rooms, but noone cares obviously

clearly because it's constant complaining from you.
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
The list posted above is not practiced; there is no brushu3 server as of right now.
Will this be corrected?

apparently the servers are all going herp derp right now so check back later

Originally Posted by snake View Post
strongly against wushu3 tourney rooms, but noone cares obviously

it could be taken seriously if you actually stated your reason(s) :p
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
apparently the servers are all going herp derp right now so check back later

it could be taken seriously if you actually stated your reason(s)

nahh, no need to, just rant about quality of gameplay, usual wushu talk

tho if anybody interested - introducing ko prizes @ wushu mods make such servers exact copy of judo tourneys - opener, run.

so ideally there should be a different mod that prevent running sides or up,

most basic solution - new mod with longer ED and dojo, but people will be able to jump away untill time run out

better solution - cage mod like... http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=340031

tho it still sucks and i need to change distance and dm values, but it works great with and without shaders.

Last edited by snake; Nov 7, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
If it hasn't been said before it can be said again: Adding a dojo to wushu doesn't fix the problem. You can still run in dojo mods (CC: lenshu3ng), additionally: part of the beauty of wushu is that it's free form no dojo provides battles between players that can travel thousands of distance without either player really "running".

That's not to say boxshu, as it's called right now, isn't a good or fun mod. It's just to say that your idea doesn't actually really solve the problem, but in fact hurts the basis around the mod. Additionally: if you don't want to win or lose to a cookie cutter wushu opener, I recommend you just put yourself in a position where no rush kick or punch can hit you.

Finally- you have too little faith in the community. When there's a public wushu tournament, wushu players also congregate. So while there may be newer players to the mod using their YouTube/Wiki openers and then running away, there will be plenty of [fl0w], [RelaxAll], [Alpha], [impro], and freeagent wushu players like Omiwom, Wooooooooo, Dislocate, etc. who are playing with higher integrity than that. The wushu players still won those tournaments, because there's a reason those openers aren't gamebreakingly good and used in top level play.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Nov 7, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
welp for some reason I thought you said they were bad for public servers. Wushu in tournament servers is bad yeah. Gonna change it now. boxshu could be used for tournament servers, though... as the person above said. As long as the settings are changed to wushu3 or something similar.

EDIT: disregard what I said, I'm a mushroom
Last edited by Tonakai; Nov 10, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
As far as the wushu tourney idea goes. Hax has a point, you can add dojos and ceilings etc, but it's not going to affect the player's mentality towards playing the game (unless you bring it so damn tight together where the mod loses it's point and freedom). There'll be plenty of options to run around, once the advantage by points is gained, while the timer runs out. It especially won't be as effective, for people learning to move around quickly in the mod, which i'm assuming is the target group you've created your versions for (they'll either dq or won't catch up in most cases, rendering the borders useless and without any particular purpose).
Suppose you could make two tourney servers (low belt/high belt), if that's reasonable/useful, one for experienced players (under the assumption that they too, in fact, won't run, which is quite a guess) without the dojo and one for beginners with the suggested cage mod, more controlled environment (even though it has little to no impact to their gameplay/intentions, runners will still run).
You can merely manage the problem that wushu has, not fix it with new mods. That issue requires a different approach. It robs the fun unless i'm actually in the mood for the chase. It sure as hell downgrades your own gameplay and style if you have to put up with that crap every time. Personally i haven't spent much to any time at all in tourney servers just because of that, when i can have fun in some other place. With that notion, it's probably better to *not* include wushu in tourney servers imho, my two cents.

Ontopic though, airhockey.tbm's always fun :>
But why's the rum gone? :v
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
The current mod list is as follows:

acrojoust.tbm (acrojoust9)
ljf.tbm (ljf9)
wushubroadswords.tbm (wbs6)
brushu.tbm (brushu3)
greykido.tbm (greykido7)
Erthtkv2.tbm (ErthTk)
Minekido.tbm (Minekido)
Zweihander.tbm (Zweihander)
Quick judofrac.tbm (qj1, qj2)
Quick aikido.tbm (qa3, qa4)
rk-mma.tbm (tourney6)
judofrac.tbm (tourney9)

We're going to be changing the public server mods each month.

Mods will be changed again in 1st of December

Are you kidding me? Why is the ultimate wushu room being messed around with. You set a low belt caliber mod for a 3rd dan black belt up room?! It has always been wushu8 with either brushu.tbm/wushu3.tbm. Please, don't fuck with it. I thought only public servers are under rotation anyway.
Your messed up world enthrills me
I'm so down for air hockey
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!