Ranking
Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
Hey I have a question for you guys

When you first start a replay do you have a plan of what you are going to do?

I have talked to a few guys and they say that they plan out what they are going to do for the whole replay, and then there's me who just does random stuff until I get an idea halfway through the replay.

Do any of you guys do this?

absolutely not. sticking with a single plan will prevent you from executing any new tricks or stunts that you may have accidentally discovered.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Cyrian View Post
What is the best way to start off a tricking replay? I have always wanted to start but could never find the right way.

Usually I go look for some youtube videos with real life tricking combos. They give you a general idea of successions of tricks that look good together, and you can also copy the way the start off the combos.

Originally Posted by jclark View Post
is it hacking/cheating to use the bruise glitch?

I doubt that anyone intentionally uses it, but if you want to do so it probably won't be frowned uppon since you can just go ahead and say it wasn't on purpose. Anyway, it probably will never be a problem unless you're trying to actually break a record.

Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
Hey I have a question for you guys

When you first start a replay do you have a plan of what you are going to do?

I have talked to a few guys and they say that they plan out what they are going to do for the whole replay, and then there's me who just does random stuff until I get an idea halfway through the replay.

Do any of you guys do this?

It depends on the kind of replay that I'm doing.
I plan most of my realistic replays from the start to the end, and only change it if something cooler flows along. If the replays are too long I plan like 300 frames ahead.
If it's something destruction related, nope, I only plan my next move and that's it.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
I've recently found out that I hate holding my neck in the entire replay, it looks stiff imo. Also relax makes the head look wobbly. I try to use my neck when I don't need it but whatever I do it looks twitchy.

How do you guys think the neck joint should be used to look more stylish? Does using the neck joint actually affect style much?
(╯°□°)╯︵ pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɐldǝɹ
I usually use extend when I don't forget to use it. If I do forget, I only fix it when I have to use it for kicking.

Also you should start using the neck for kicks. Moving it a few frames before impact can give you extra force.
oh yeah
I did not know it could give you extra power, I thought it was only good for aiming in skeets.

huh.

also I try and do a balance of extending/contracting/relaxing of the neck throughout the replay, but on some replays I just get lazy and relax it.

A wobbly neck isn't really a big concern to be honest, but controlling your neck can be extremely useful especially when skeeting long range.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
I, personally, just leave my neck extended for the whole replay, because contracted neck always looked kinda goofy to me. I do use the neck for skeeting and sometimes it helps with kicks, but mostly I just leave it down.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
I generally just keep my neck held or extended, since I'm too lazy to bother using it for help.
I use it for skeets and the occasional kick, too much work to use it all the time, since work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I'm always yelled at for not relaxing my neck in spars.

People suck.

Anyway, could someone provide an explanation for how a skeet-dm is pulled off. I can barely skeet pretty okay, but I can never get a dm. No matter how hard I think I'm throwing it.

A replay would do fine, but it'll probably just piss me off and make me jealous.
beware
the goblin
Ikr? Who the hell cares about the neck anyway.

Get a good position to throw the skeet. Have your legs on the ground and use them to get more rotation. For the dm, you want to try and penetrate the joint/bodypart as much as possible with whatever you're throwing, and if you're using a hand then you can easily do that most of the time.

So imagine you throw the hand at Uke's neck to dismember it, and it looks like this.

n

The hand is already slightly touching the neck, which means that in the next frame there will be an impact, but it probably won't dismember because the hand was only touching with a small part, as you can see below.

n

What you want to do is turn on the grip on the hand. This will make the hand smaller and make it so that it isn't actually touching Uke's neck yet.

n

Which means that in the next frame it won't register an impact, it will go even more into Uke's neck before it actually registers the impact.

n

This is how I usually get my hand more into Uke. If you get a lot of penetration like in the image above, the chances are that neck is a goner.
Also pretty useful for punches.
oh yeah