Toribash
Finally got done with my quarter so here is some of my music. I've got tons more different styles and genres and some with me singing.

Last edited by tatsujay; Dec 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
[OLDA] [Air Element] [JAW] [UFC]
Sweet stuff you composed there, I am impressed. So, I'm assuming that you're doing music for Uni or something like that, and on a side note, how did you make those songs; what software, and what instruments. Also, I'm on my Iphone so I can't see too clearly but... Put bluntly, you black? Just so people don't rage me for bein racist, I don't hate black people. I hate people that are: Stupid, arrogant, ignorant, selfish, dishonorable, snobbish, put -ness behin words, are overtly optimistic, overtly religious, Seventh Day Adventist, hate all Muslims, hate all Asians, are discriminative or are unjust.
Thanx, I'm glad you liked them. I'm not sure who or what Uni is. All those pieces of music were made using Reason 4, and the instruments are almost all computer generated synthesizers or instruments that came in the program. Yep, I am black.

Basically, the way I make most of my songs is I would have the music playing in my head. Then, I just convert it from how I hear it in my head into loops and patterns in Reason using similar sounding instruments. I usually divide the song up into loops and sections. So, I might have each instrument separated;bass, drums, synth1, synth2, strings, etc then each section of the song separated; intro, chorus, breakdown, outro,etc.

I have a pretty large musical background which also helps a lot as well. I have played viola, trombone, taught my self the piano, I sing, act and have been in a lot of musicals. (Music is probably my #1 hobby/passion)
Last edited by tatsujay; Dec 19, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Originally Posted by tatsujay View Post
Thanx, I'm glad you liked them. I'm not sure who or what Uni is. All those pieces of music were made using Reason 4, and the instruments are almost all computer generated synthesizers or instruments that came in the program. Yep, I am black.

Basically, the way I make most of my songs is I would have the music playing in my head. Then, I just convert it from how I hear it in my head into loops and patterns in Reason using similar sounding instruments. I usually divide the song up into loops and sections. So, I might have each instrument separated;bass, drums, synth1, synth2, strings, etc then each section of the song separated; intro, chorus, breakdown, outro,etc.

I have a pretty large musical background which also helps a lot as well. I have played viola, trombone, taught my self the piano, I sing, act and have been in a lot of musicals. (Music is probably my #1 hobby/passion)

Do you make the beats yourself, or do you use premade ones?
And if you make them, how does it work?

I tried making this kind of music at school, when we had digital music, and we only got to use premade beats, but it was fun anyways
I make 100% the beats. I can try to explain it a lil bit but it would probably take like a full video or tutorial in order to really explain it.

But pretty much i open up a synthesizer or instrument in reason, then i tweak it until it sounds they way i want it. I then hit record and just hit a single note to the beat of the drum pattern I've created. Lastly I play the move the notes up and down the musical scale to get the actual ,melody/harmony/bass

LOL i made a video anyways!
Last edited by tatsujay; Dec 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM.