Ranking
View Poll Results: Do you think 13 year olds should be allowed to vote?
Yes
12 Votes / 13.95%
No
74 Votes / 86.05%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Dalir View Post
EDIT: [b]hydrotoxin: You will not use this thread as an outlet for your republican propaganda. Fucking moron (and borderline racist too). Because he's a brotha?

Sorry, just jumped back on this thread and saw this.

@bolded text
That's exactly why they would have voted for him- in their words.
Also, why is it a problem if I use this as an outlet for my views (Republican propaganda)? Isn't that the entire purpose of the forum? Also, the presidents who have had the most successful foreign policy, highest approval rating, and arguably the most successful military campaign the U.S. has ever executed (Nixon, Reagan, and Bush Sr., respectively) were Republicans. Sure, both parties have their pros and cons, but conservatism is my view of choice and I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to use this forum as a vehicle for the expression of my personal political ideologies, as everyone else is, and I don't see bipartisanism ending any time soon.
Originally Posted by Dalir View Post
Suck my dick.

Quite an intelligent and mature argument we've got there. Very classy.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Of course kids should be able to vote,but not on things as big as presidency.More likely lower things that would cause a smaller effect,maybe voting for an assistant to a major,or something that can't cause something across the whole country.
just for a yes, 14 and up should be, since they will have to deal with the problems that could happen in the future (like what obama is doing) its our generation that will be screwed by taxes when the government runs out of money
[ESSENCE]
Originally Posted by hydrotoxin View Post
Sorry, just jumped back on this thread and saw this.

@bolded text
That's exactly why they would have voted for him- in their words.
Also, why is it a problem if I use this as an outlet for my views (Republican propaganda)? Isn't that the entire purpose of the forum? Also, the presidents who have had the most successful foreign policy, highest approval rating, and arguably the most successful military campaign the U.S. has ever executed (Nixon, Reagan, and Bush Sr., respectively) were Republicans. Sure, both parties have their pros and cons, but conservatism is my view of choice and I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to use this forum as a vehicle for the expression of my personal political ideologies, as everyone else is, and I don't see bipartisanism ending any time soon.

Quite an intelligent and mature argument we've got there. Very classy.

The only 2 presidents to win a war were democrats. Wilson with WWI and FDR with WWII. You can also count Truman for successfully ending the conflicts with Japan and Korea. JFK, a democrat, also has the highest approval rating of a US president, with 70%.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
The only 2 presidents to win a war were democrats. Wilson with WWI and FDR with WWII. You can also count Truman for successfully ending the conflicts with Japan and Korea. JFK, a democrat, also has the highest approval rating of a US president, with 70%.

The World Wars were not "won" by those two presidents merely because they were in office, although you do have somewhat of a point there. Also, WW1 & 2 were the only technically "official" wars, which is what I assume you mean by "the only wars". However, if we are running from a realistic, non-beauraucratic view, let's not forget that Johnson was the president responsible for America's biggest failure of a military campaign ever (Vietnam), which was ended AND resolved by Nixon, who swiftly sewed everything up with excellent foreign policy and was promptly booted out of office (unfortunately) for the Watergate scandal. And the Gulf War (George Bush Sr.) was arguably America's most successful military campaign, leading to an end of the globally condemned Iraqi occupation of Kuwait with only 148 casualties during a one-year campaign. FDR's economic fix-up relied heavily on conservative economic principles. Also, you are right about JFK having the highest AVERAGE approval rating (70%). I had always thought Reagan's approval rating was much, much higher, and I should have checked up on my facts. However, the highest approval rating for any U.S. president is that of George W. Bush (right after the 9/11 attacks).

By, the by, thanks for actually putting together an argument based on statistics and objective fact.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Originally Posted by hydrotoxin View Post
The World Wars were not "won" by those two presidents merely because they were in office, although you do have somewhat of a point there. Also, WW1 & 2 were the only technically "official" wars, which is what I assume you mean by "the only wars". However, if we are running from a realistic, non-beauraucratic view, let's not forget that Johnson was the president responsible for America's biggest failure of a military campaign ever (Vietnam), which was ended AND resolved by Nixon, who swiftly sewed everything up with excellent foreign policy and was promptly booted out of office (unfortunately) for the Watergate scandal. And the Gulf War (George Bush Sr.) was arguably America's most successful military campaign, leading to an end of the globally condemned Iraqi occupation of Kuwait with only 148 casualties during a one-year campaign. FDR's economic fix-up relied heavily on conservative economic principles. Also, you are right about JFK having the highest AVERAGE approval rating (70%). I had always thought Reagan's approval rating was much, much higher, and I should have checked up on my facts. However, the highest approval rating for any U.S. president is that of George W. Bush (right after the 9/11 attacks).

By, the by, thanks for actually putting together an argument based on statistics and objective fact.

Np.
But Nixon did not cleanly solve the Vietnam situation. In fact, he kept us in the war for a while and incured some of the most infamous protesting and political unrest in the US.

I feel that it is unfair to judge a president by their approval rating right after a terrorist attack. Infact, GWBush's low average and high peak show how much of an outlier it was. You don't have to do a good job to get a high approval rating if the country just got attacked and people are banding together and feeling patriotic anyways. going on average is best IMO, because it includes the high and low points.

The gulf war had so few casualties because of modern technology and tactics. For instance, we have realized that wounding a soldier is more effective than killing one, because his/her comrades have to save him/her. I'm not saying that Bush Sr. did a bad job though, its just that warfare has changed quite a bit.

Reagan probably did have a high approval rating following his success in the cold war (technically not a real war). But he spent a shitload of money to get there.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by Viris_Laborer View Post
Oh yeah? We don't know anything? Like you know so much about life. You don't know the first thing about 13 year olds. Anyone can have any kind of intelligence level. A fucking 6 year old can have the intelligence of an 18 year old if they study, read or even just get educated on life. We are citizens too.

BECAUSE NOONE ELSE HAS EVER BEEN 13 YEARS OLD EVER AMIRITE?
I hate all the stereotypes that say Republicans are Racist and didn't vote for Obama because he's black. If people hate the government so much and believe that it's always bad, why in the fuck would we give control of our health care to the government. Republicans are for less government, but most people see them as business men. Also, if Bush spending 1 trillion wrecked us, how do you think Obama's 9 Trillion dollars are going to fare?
Welfare programs should be eliminated to those who aren't working (unless they have an excuse thats legit like Physical ailments and such). Welfare is whats ruining us, it's the logic that doing a half-ass job is okey and then we don't have a reason to work. If you have the ability (and the access to a job given the hiring rate now) to work and don't, you shouldn't get a penny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
I think we should, well at least i should, i have a fairly good knowledge and understanding of politics, i would actually vote for someone who seems good at their job.

You're not even sure.
The person below is gay
Originally Posted by blackbird1 View Post
I thinck that people unnder 16 should be the people who cant vote.
16 up yes ...

Would I be correct in saying that you are 16?

And also why has this moved to Republicans vs Democrats?
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.