Toribash
xD Haha man DF is so fucking fun, theres nothing you can't do xD
I felt pro for about an hour after I dug out a well that refilled it self (I don't know how, was accidental xD)
Then after that I decided to put water lvl 1 on all my red sand to make it muddy for crops
Oh and.. what else did I do.. Oh yeah! I used a drawbridge like a BIG Giant Door and when traders came I closed them in and they went insane with the yaks they brought with them xD
Originally Posted by sbanen View Post
I killed all traders with a drawbridge once. They were flying.

xaxaxaxaxaxa I really love the physics of this game
I raised the drawbridge, and they went flying rather short distances before colliding with an obstacle. I dunno if their deaths made the "to engrave" list, though, because my dwarves were attacked by Forgotten Beasts. Which now lie defeated by a lone swordsman.

Yesterday, I set fire to a tree and it actually saved me from being eaten by a leopard. And then a bogeyman thing appeared, a battle ensued and I landed in the river. And drowned. So close to killing that thing too...
And that was just at an abandoned fortress.

This game is FUN!
Preparing to fight some ninja squirrels...
@sbanen O.o awesome im sure I will reach to that much fun pretty soon I need some more expirience :3

also im going to deal with a 2 floor aquifer using this

Dual aquifer cave in tactic

some people dont like aquifers but they could be very useful if they dealt with
,near aquifer you find shallow lava so thats good
also im not using df hack its kinda cheating I suggest you dont do it also let the game as it is
and dont even install it you will always fall into the temptation of using it for revealing command
Last edited by KillTheCook; Apr 11, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
It's too late for me...
... although sometimes I even forget it's open.
Also, the cave-in thing doesn't always work for me.
And I need a lot of experience. I don't actually understand the pumping thing.

And I killed a dwarven Cook. With a log. I've gone crazy.
Last edited by sbanen; Apr 11, 2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Remembered evil deed ^_^
Preparing to fight some ninja squirrels...
OH YES DORF FORTRESS

It is a very nice game. I've had much fun and Fun with it. I've also made a kazillion (actually around 80, but hey) silly stickman comics about it. Start from behind if you're interested (as in result 80), and you can see just how little progress i've made!! (and this reminds me that i really need a proper place to store them at)

Also, yeah, pumping is a right hell. I've mostly gotten it down, but dear god it takes an eternity to make all the parts. I highly recommend reading the wiki about them, it's actually really helpful. Oh, and then dick around, because there ain't nothing in this game you're gonna learn without dicking around.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I love those comics Shook
Especially all the "dwarven approach to jobs" ones.

Also, on my fortress I had my mason make a few statues for my statue garden. As it turns out, all the statues he made were of dwarves getting struck down by all sorts of horrendous beasts. I'm hoping this isn't an omen...
I'm glad you like them! They're fun to draw, so i'll definitely be drawing more in the future. Actually, "draw" is not a correct word. "Scribble" is more fitting.

My own favourite moment in DF was probably back when i poked a hole in the hidden fun stuff (intentionally), then luring all the clowns into a room with a rigged ceiling (read: thin ceiling to cover for the huge dorfen atom bomb (read: artificial cave-in) above them). Managed to kill 95% of the initial wave in one swoop, but a bug kept crashing the game when i did so. :c

Other fun moments include, but are not limited to: Spilling lava all over a hillside, casting a giant obsidian dorf face in the sky via lava and water (which was made to be dropped on invaders, by the way), accidentally setting the whole map on fire while casting said face (whoopsie, all my pastured animals died a horrible death), having three military dorfs ward off a triple-siege (one of them even took a nap in the middle of a war ON A FUCKING GLACIER)... Y'know, it's almost easier to list the things that couldn't happen.

Edit: AHA, found that image of the dorf face in the sky!!

Look, it's even :P'ing you!
Last edited by Shook; Apr 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol