Ranking
Originally Posted by Swarfiga View Post
All that jumping around and yelling was what made him so awesome. Matt Smith is dull dull dull with more dull compared to Tennant. But I will admit that he is growing on me.

Also, saw the two latest episodes and thought they were great. Everything about the new series is slowly getting better. Slowly.

I dunno, there was a fair bit of jumping around and talking very quickly in his big 'Power, POWER' speech. It's also pretty awesome how he tells everyone to shut up when he's thinking. (Reminds me of McKay from Stargate Atlantis)

I really don't see how you can say the series has turned into more of a joke. The villains so far have been pretty serious and a lot more well thought out than some of Tennant's episodes (see: Fear Her, Love and Monsters, Unicorn and the Wasp)

Generally though, when I watch the episodes a lot of the time they are suited around the actor's style. eg: Tennant could never act the Eleventh Hour and neither Matt Smith nor Tennant could do The Empty Child.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by Imsku View Post
I wish they'd do a flashback of the time war. After all of the subtle hints, I really want to see what the nightmare child is. I suppose it's pretty unlikely, though.

I vote we throw Smith in the nightmare child just to get a peek

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I always thought that the time war was just some big season finale that I missed out on, seeing as I started watching at Eccleston's 2005 run. It's a bit weird they don't really show any of it apart from a few references and flashbacks to Gallifrey.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Never head of "Doctor Who" but I guess that I'm going to begin watching the episodes on the interwebs (No Dc Who on tv :C)....how many episodes did I miss ?

SEVEN FUCKING HUNDRED ?
Originally Posted by phail View Post
I always thought that the time war was just some big season finale that I missed out on, seeing as I started watching at Eccleston's 2005 run. It's a bit weird they don't really show any of it apart from a few references and flashbacks to Gallifrey.

The time war was a whole series or two, if I recall correctly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_War_%28Doctor_Who%29

"The last great Time War is first alluded to in the first episode of the 2005 series"

"While often alluded to, the events and progression of the Last Great Time War have never been fully explained"
I doubt we'd ever get to watch the whole time war, we've only had explanations of it. One thing I notice nobody commenting on is Eccleston's performance as The Doctor, or any of the previous 8 of them.

Watched the newest one and frankly I was appalled, I was hoping to see/hear more about the crack that everyone seems to be running from. I'm sure in time Matt will adapt the character better, the jumping around thing has always been to me a little over the top where as running around quickly and only slightly shouting, the latter being a bit more of The Doctor.

Someone mentioned earlier that Matt Smith was more at the human level. That's wrong, The Doctor should never NEVER NEVER be human, he's alien more than any of us can say otherwise.
"We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy
Originally Posted by Manxie View Post
I doubt we'd ever get to watch the whole time war, we've only had explanations of it. One thing I notice nobody commenting on is Eccleston's performance as The Doctor, or any of the previous 8 of them.

Watched the newest one and frankly I was appalled, I was hoping to see/hear more about the crack that everyone seems to be running from. I'm sure in time Matt will adapt the character better, the jumping around thing has always been to me a little over the top where as running around quickly and only slightly shouting, the latter being a bit more of The Doctor.

Someone mentioned earlier that Matt Smith was more at the human level. That's wrong, The Doctor should never NEVER NEVER be human, he's alien more than any of us can say otherwise.

I believe my brother said that he was more on the human level now. He means that it's a lot more grounded as opposed to the ridiculous superheriocs of the Russel T. Davies era. And did you really expect the crack? It's a bloody dream episode, how would the crack even be in it?
infamous
WHERE IS HIS PERSONALITY?
HE HAS A RAGING FAGGOT FACE

^ and he's way too human. he's supposed to be a 900 year old alien, this Matt Smith seems pretty boring. he bought boring to the show. nothing else.
All the episodes seem to feature fucking perception filters. AND OMG A CRACK SO SUSPENSEFUL.

and that scene with Amy trying to rape the doctor? OH COME ON! Good writing CREATES SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN CHARACTERS LEADING UP TO THE RAPE OR REJECTION.

Amy adds no interest between a pair of legs in a mini skirt

and nothing can defeat a goddamn weeping angel

fuck

rage

they didn't need to change the show (read: sonic screw-driver, etc) they simply needed an actor who had a DIFFERENT personality than Tennant (Matt just seems to copy it) - and fuck tweed.
Last edited by veb; May 19, 2010 at 01:24 AM.