Toribash
Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
its not about getting disappointed when I get the game because I know its going to be good(not deluding myself)

And how do you know this? You have basically admitted that everything they are showing now is bad, but you have faith they are just hiding all the good bits. This is what it means to delude yourself, there is no reason to believe what you believe.

like lets make a comparison between a space game made by HG and a space game made by ubisoft/rockstar/EA etc..
Any Big company space game:
limited space(1 solar system)
better graphics
more employees
making the game in a year since they have lots of employees
finishing it and contains glitches and stuff.
they don't respect the game enough and its going to be shot down by critics.

HG space game:
smaller size(in gb's)
cartoon graphics
endless universe(not limited)
more variety of things like animals
making it with passion and with a small team that work hard to turn out great.
lil bit of glitches but not too many like(assassins creed)
critics saying the game is good
you know why? because they have been working on it for a long time, they have been trying to perfect it for so long(Not like ubisoft who makes a game each year and turns out to be bad. lets add an exception for ubisoft because watchdogs2) even though they had a small team, they still did it and perfected it. and obviously people are going to love it. so you should reconsider stuff about the game because It might turn out great(not because I am deluding myself).

What kind of logic is this?

Everything you say is nonsense. Ubisoft for example has made a game with 4 billion planets and 500k stars. And by the way NMS is finite, not endless...

Bigger companies, especially experienced companies (remember HG has made exactly 2 games, neither of which are noteworthy), have MUCh better procedures and processes, the games they make are far less buggy than small devs.

Ubisoft are very passionate about their games, you should read some dev journals...

What kind of pointless argument are you trying to start? This has nothing to do with whether or not NMS will turn out to be good.
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
All this is just wishful thinking and excuses, while the """other side""" is people who have watched and read all available information and are judging based on facts.

I'd like to not be paired with anyone on a 'side', my points are different and we aren't the same person.

If you want to delude yourself go right ahead, but you can at least admit it instead of shitting up the thread with your fantasy and headcanon.

you're the only one 'shitting up the thread' with such useless and petty insults, its obnoxious and immature.

That being said, you're also the only person in here that is so adamant about how much the game is going to suck, judging only from trailers and demos... which is what people who are excited for the game are judging from. You don't have some secret info and you don't have any extra access to the game. You constantly say that you're basing it all on facts and trailers, yet I've read up on plenty of articles, watched all trailers/demos, I even watched multiple 40min+ discussions with the team's lead designer. I know what I've seen, I like what I see, you don't. Why are you trying to get everyone to hate this game just because you don't like it?
FIRED UP
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I'd like to not be paired with anyone on a 'side', my points are different and we aren't the same person.

Funny coming from the guy who first started the dichotomy...

you're the only one 'shitting up the thread' with such useless and petty insults, its obnoxious and immature.

What insult are you even talking about.

That being said, you're also the only person in here that is so adamant about how much the game is going to suck, judging only from trailers and demos... which is what people who are excited for the game are judging from. You don't have some secret info and you don't have any extra access to the game. You constantly say that you're basing it all on facts and trailers, yet I've read up on plenty of articles, watched all trailers/demos, I even watched multiple 40min+ discussions with the team's lead designer. I know what I've seen, I like what I see, you don't. Why are you trying to get everyone to hate this game just because you don't like it?

I'm not saying the game is going to suck, I'm saying that from what we know, from the facts, it isn't going to be amazing as some people seem to think. Said people are not able to come up with ANY kind of argument as to why it's going to be good and tend to rely on "oh but trust me" as if that's proof.

Read again these "arguments" made by people trying to hype the game up:
"They don't have a marketing team, what do you expect?"
"the game has a much wider scope than some people give it credit for"
"don't you guys understand something called "they didnt show you everything?""
"they wont make another dlc's because they already have enough money"
"the devs didn't show you everything so you can get bored so fast.."
"Lets also not forget they haven't even really shown any sort of trailer for the combat"
"lets make a comparison between a space game made by HG and a space game made by ubisoft/rockstar/EA etc.."
"I know its going to be good(not deluding myself)"

Ofc I've watched trailers, demos, gameplay, so damn much interviews with Murray. I'm judging from the same information you are. The difference is I'm judging it based on that information, I'm not pretending that I have access to a crystal ball or "secret info". If you and others were doing the same you wouldn't make statements like those above. I bolded one statement in particular because it really shows off how some people have become sucked into the constant and baseless hype.

People hype the game without any regard for reality, then people get sucked in and preorder based on their fantasy, once the game comes out people are hit with choice-supportive bias and post rave reviews, in turn causing more people to buy the game - however these people are less biased and are quickly hit with buyer's remorse. Anyone who has followed the gaming scene for some length of time will know this pattern well, and know the way to kill the cancer is to remind people not to buy sight unseen and not to spread baseless rumours and speculation as if they are facts.
Funny coming from the guy who first started the dichotomy...

because you're the only one being overly pessimistic to the point where you're talking down at people who preordered the game.

I'm not saying the game is going to suck, I'm saying that from what we know, from the facts, it isn't going to be amazing as some people seem to think.

some people are overhyping and overdefending the game, and I'm not one of them. I'm basing my OPINION (don't confuse what I mean when I say opinion) on what we've seen, and I love the game. You simply don't. There isn't enough content for you to enjoy the game (from what we've seen in the content).

Said people are not able to come up with ANY kind of argument as to why it's going to be good and tend to rely on "oh but trust me" as if that's proof.

Read again these "arguments" made by people trying to hype the game up:
"They don't have a marketing team, what do you expect?"
"the game has a much wider scope than some people give it credit for"
"don't you guys understand something called "they didnt show you everything?""
"they wont make another dlc's because they already have enough money"
"the devs didn't show you everything so you can get bored so fast.."
"Lets also not forget they haven't even really shown any sort of trailer for the combat"
"lets make a comparison between a space game made by HG and a space game made by ubisoft/rockstar/EA etc.."
"I know its going to be good(not deluding myself)"

Apart from the top comment (which isn't even relevant, you said you were disappointed in the marketing and I explained why its probably not very good) and the one that is outdated (they've now got a combat trailer which you can base your OPINIONS on) none of these are from me, and I'm not going to defend them.

Ofc I've watched trailers, demos, gameplay, so damn much interviews with Murray. I'm judging from the same information you are. The difference is I'm judging it based on that information, I'm not pretending that I have access to a crystal ball or "secret info". If you and others were doing the same you wouldn't make statements like those above(?).

read my 2nd response. As for the bolded statement, you're once again assuming me and anyone else in this thread are together. We're not.

People hype the game without any regard for reality, then people get sucked in and preorder based on their fantasy, once the game comes out people are hit with choice-supportive bias and post rave reviews, in turn causing more people to buy the game - however these people are less biased and are quickly hit with buyer's remorse. Anyone who has followed the gaming scene for some length of time will know this pattern well, and know the way to kill the cancer is to remind people not to buy sight unseen and not to spread baseless rumours and speculation as if they are facts.

People are going to overhype games until games no longer exist.

Please read this I posted earlier:
Originally Posted by anon
Some people think this game looks amazing...and that's okay! Some think it looks boring and terrible...and that's okay, too! Some of those who are excited will inevitably be disappointed because they've chosen to believe the game is more than the devs have ever said it would be, and (if it turns out well) some of the naysayers may find that it's deeper than they expected. I know it's just the nature of the internet, but what is with the rage and insults over different opinions? It seems especially severe with this title and it's just weird. Those interested are not brainwashed sheeple, and those not interested are not mindless COD fanboys. I'm personally really looking forward to it, with expectations firmly in check, and I hope it delivers

I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to defend people who are hyping the game, but you really need to tone the pessimism down, it really is pointless. People who are fantasizing the game to their liking will simply be disappointed (unless by some miracle it really IS going to be that good)
FIRED UP
i'm so hyped about this game for the countless hours of exploration and generation of the universe
i get that it might end up boring for some, but just like skyrim in a sense you have to decide your objectives outside of the main story
there's tons of other things to do besides find new planets and species
i'm personally excited for the trading and how that all works out with other players and if they're going to be involved much
idk about you guys but i've also looked up so much about the engine and other things behind the scenes, and it is so fascinating

definitely gunna buy this game when i get paid next
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Someone leaked a footage of him playing a leaked copy.
you can search about it on reddit. (the videos are down but people added it again)
Someone leaked a footage of him playing a leaked copy.
you can search about it on reddit. (the videos are down but people added it again)

Don't post it here, please
FIRED UP
It's not very much gameplay anyway, you won't know much just from watching it. If you watched the previous gameplay videos it's pretty much the same, but on a planet with much less life.

Certainly it is less polished than expected (eg if there is a stalagmite and you cut off the bottom it won't fall, just sits in mid air, no physics and no logic), but it's unreleased as of yet so I'm sure they will fix all those problems.

I mean the game certainly has 30 minutes of gameplay to say the least.

because you're the only one being overly pessimistic to the point where you're talking down at people who preordered the game.

No I'm just judging by what I can see instead of by what I can imagine.

some people are overhyping and overdefending the game, and I'm not one of them. I'm basing my OPINION (don't confuse what I mean when I say opinion) on what we've seen, and I love the game. You simply don't. There isn't enough content for you to enjoy the game (from what we've seen in the content).

If you are not one of them then you shouldn't feel the need to be defensive about it.

Apart from the top comment (which isn't even relevant, you said you were disappointed in the marketing and I explained why its probably not very good) and the one that is outdated (they've now got a combat trailer which you can base your OPINIONS on) none of these are from me, and I'm not going to defend them.

Then I don't see what you are arguing for.

I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to defend people who are hyping the game, but you really need to tone the pessimism down, it really is pointless. People who are fantasizing the game to their liking will simply be disappointed (unless by some miracle it really IS going to be that good)

Again if you actually agree with me I don't see why you are arguing. Just to have something to talk about between the sporadic teasers?
if you actually agree with me I don't see why you are arguing.

Because you're 'shitting up the thread'
FIRED UP
What really amazes me about the game, is that there's over 18 quintilion planets to be discovered. The developers even said they don't know what's all out there.

Super excited for it.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."