Toribash
I will bet over half of the people who say this is a fail will be influenced by other buyers and will get one even though they state how much they think it sucks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
Not really, you see: This product serves no real point. It's like a bad jack of all trades.

People will simply buy it to look cool, yet its an ugly larger itouch. Sounds like Apple trying to use fanboyism and not wanting to look poor and left out rather then making a good product.

Give me your reasons for why you're wanting to buy this... I'm intrigued.
Last edited by Blam; Feb 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Not really, you see: This product serves no real point. It's like a bad jack of all trades.

Give me your reasons for why you're wanting to buy this... I'm intrigued.

I was looking into buying the ipod touch and thought to myself, why would I buy an ipod touch when I could get a much better portable device for a little bit more money?

Some of the reasons i thought to myself are these.

1. 10 hours of battery life
2. Will most likely run apps faster
3. 3G network available
4. It looks nicer and is more convenient
5. It's much bigger, which also introduces alot of new possibilitiess.
6. There will be special apps invented for the ipad which will most likely increase your experience by a ton, one of them most "likely" being some sort of phone due to the 3G network.
7. Great for watching TV and movies on the go or giving someone/yourself something to do.

It just looks like something I would want to use.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I was looking into buying the ipod touch and thought to myself, why would I buy an ipod touch when I could get a much better portable device for a little bit more money?

Some of the reasons i thought to myself are these.

1. 10 hours of battery life
2. Will most likely run apps faster
3. 3G network available
4. It looks nicer and is more convenient
5. It's much bigger, which also introduces alot of new possibilitiess.
6. There will be special apps invented for the ipad which will most likely increase your experience by a ton, one of them most "likely" being some sort of phone due to the 3G network.
7. Great for watching TV and movies on the go or giving someone/yourself something to do.

It just looks like something I would want to use.

1. 10 hours of battery life doing what exactly?
2. Probably, yes.
3. So does an iPhone, and a lot of other devices?
4. It looks worse imo, with a much larger frame ... how is bigger any more convenient?
5. What possibilities?
6. Get a phone?
7. Same for the iTouch and iPhone, although probably a tad better.

All in all: It's a tad better for a much higher price?

Why not get a tablet pc, much more flexible and can provide everything you said (even 3G with a modem)?
1.Uh, everything?
If i'm going on a roadtrip and then my ipod touch suddenly dies i'm not going to be like "oh well, lets sing some songs"
id rather be like, ffffffffffyeah, playin mah ipad.
3. I don't want a phone with those incredibly high data plans that give you nothing especially for a no life addict like me.
4. It's personal oppionion
5. Things such as a much better experience for two player apps ( Such things like board games, air hockey )
6. Why would I get a phone when i could get an ipad.
7. You can't watch youtube with no internet, and wouldn't it be fun to download movies on the go?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iphone has 3g, so 7 is invalid.

You'd be forced to download movies from iTunes.

It's good for two players, but you have no life?

And battery life is normally stated using the least intensive process the ipad can do (while not being on standby), for example: when it's simply showing the springboard. Not when you're busy playing air hockey with your friend who you can't text/phone. :P

It can't even multitask or view flash, that is how little effort Apple put into this. It is literally a big itouch with 3G. That is what makes loathe it the most.
It is very easy to make an app or something to multitask seeing as it was done with the iphone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After you jailbreak it (which violates your warranty) you can multitask... poorly
I'd recommend waiting because if the decide to make a generation two of this, its going to be so much better than the first one. They only want your money, soon everybody will want to get the iPad generation two and you'll just be spending your money.
bring back wibbles
1. 10 hours of battery life; cool story bro, but it's about as portable as any netbook/laptop which have longer battery lives on the average.
2. Will most likely run apps faster; most likely. Has it been proven?
3. 3G network available; AT&T has a pretty shit network.
4. It looks nicer and is more convenient; More convenient and nicer than what? A laptop? Not really, it's more likely to get accidentally crushed or broken, and it's not a very good design; basically an enlarged iPod Touch.
5. It's much bigger, which also introduces alot of new possibilitiess; too bad none of these possibilities have been implemented. In fact, besides split screen, it can't do anything that an iPhone can't, and there are plenty of things an iPhone can do that an iPad cannot.
6. There will be special apps invented for the ipad which will most likely increase your experience by a ton, one of them most "likely" being some sort of phone due to the 3G network; "special apps" being "run-of-the-mill standard laptop applications" like word processing, drawing, etc programs.
7. Great for watching TV and movies on the go or giving someone/yourself something to do; and this can't be done on any other laptop because...?

GREAT A++ ARGUMENT WOULD RIP TO PIECES AGAIN.

"It is very easy to make an app or something to multitask seeing as it was done with the iphone."

Hypothetically, yes, multitasking could be implemented. At the moment it is impossible. Don't talk about possibilities like they're actual features.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.