Toribash
Originally Posted by Soap View Post
Umm. That was a badass CAKED UP remix if Miley Cyrus. If you didn't like that, you're insane.

also, I only listened to one of your songs, but it was awful, imo. Like, not only the quality of the music but the actual music. I like deathmetal, and metal in general, but that's like soft, confusing metal.

I didn't like it. None of her song lyrics are very good imo.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by TempIar View Post
I didn't like it. None of her song lyrics are very good imo.

It's not really about her voice lyrics.. It's about the mixing, the drum kits, the bass.
It's not really about her voice lyrics.. It's about the mixing, the drum kits, the bass.

Well, damn, those are even worse. Maybe I'm biased because I Grew up listening to, well, actual instruments, but I don't like noise made by pressing a button.
That's pretty ignorant, to be blunt. I grew up listening to the same shit you did, no doubt. I guess I wasn't blinded by the idiocy of needing to listen to honky-tonk bullshit.
That's pretty ignorant, to be blunt. I grew up listening to the same shit you did, no doubt. I guess I wasn't blinded by the idiocy of needing to listen to honky-tonk bullshit.

Maybe it is ignorant, but for music's sake, it used to take talent, not an auto-tune machine and a drum machine.
Maybe it is ignorant, but for music's sake, it used to take talent, not an auto-tune machine and a drum machine.

You're saying making a good beat doesn't take talent? How do you think DJs make money? How do you think electronic musicians live in mansions? I don't even know how you could even think that, let alone say it out loud.
You're saying making a good beat doesn't take talent? How do you think DJs make money? How do you think electronic musicians live in mansions? I don't even know how you could even think that, let alone say it out loud.

Because they Appeal straight to our sexual impulses. Every single beat they use is used to make a strong, constant rhythm That replicates the act of reproducing. The loud, constant sounds in turn make us agitated, and make us want to move about, making it incredible dancing music. The same thing was done with disco, r&b, Hip-Hop, and Rock and Roll. However, the new age music exploits it to a point of shame, and directly expresses it's desire to have you thinking about sex. Why? Because sex sells. Modern music is a gigantic sellout, and many artists openly acknowledge it. Primal urges> rational thinking, every time.

Also, to address how dj's make money: They follow a formula. Take nearly every one of Cyrus's songs: If you slow them down or speed them up enough, you can most likely make most of the beats match up. Many dj's do have their unique twist to it, but I assure you that you will find more similarities than differences.
Typed this while reading it aloud to myself.
Last edited by Templar; Jan 14, 2014 at 04:23 PM.
Because they Appeal straight to our sexual impulses. Every single beat they use is used to make a strong, constant rhythm That replicates the act of reproducing. The loud, constant sounds in turn make us agitated, and make us want to move about, making it incredible dancing music. The same thing was done with disco, r&b, Hip-Hop, and Rock and Roll. However, the new age music exploits it to a point of shame, and directly expresses it's desire to have you thinking about sex. Why? Because sex sells. Modern music is a gigantic sellout, and many artists openly acknowledge it. Primal urges> rational thinking, every time.

Also, to address how dj's make money: They follow a formula. Take nearly every one of Cyrus's songs: If you slow them down or speed them up enough, you can most likely make most of the beats match up. Many dj's do have their unique twist to it, but I assure you that you will find more similarities than differences.
Typed this while reading it aloud to myself.

First of all, I'll address the sex sells thing. Even if what you're saying were true, it doesn't matter. It appeals to people, it appeals to me. Music is meant to entertain/excite people, and that kind of music does. Why would it matter how it does it?

Secondly, not all DJs make remixes. Not even the majority. So your argument has no substance. And there's a lot more than speeding up or slowing down to mixing. Distortion, when/where to put what kind of sound, etc.
First of all, I'll address the sex sells thing. Even if what you're saying were true, it doesn't matter. It appeals to people, it appeals to me. Music is meant to entertain/excite people, and that kind of music does. Why would it matter how it does it?

Secondly, not all DJs make remixes. Not even the majority. So your argument has no substance. And there's a lot more than speeding up or slowing down to mixing. Distortion, when/where to put what kind of sound, etc.

Facts:

Modern music has terrible composition, due to lack of variation, repetition, and it doesn't conform to music theory.

Opinions:

It matters how it does it because music That is great is designed to lift the mind and, however you choose to take this, the soul. When music becomes timeless, It is because it makes us think, and makes us feel from places that we don't normally visit within ourselves. It Enlightens us. Classical Music is a great example of this, and due to it's enlightenment era inspiration, It focuses on the uplifting of thought and provokes very hard emotions, causing us to reflect upon what we do. This Is why classical music is still around. It doesn't reference pop culture or encourage us to be maniacs, but rather tells us to look at ourselves and improve ourselves. I can also give as examples Rush's 2112 Overture, Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, and most of the music made by Kansas. In fact, although Rock and Roll has pretty drastic sexual undertones, most of it at least encourages us to think about deeper meanings behind the words. Pink Floyd has so many meanings crammed into their songs that it isn't even funny.

The mainstream "new" music really just doesn't get that there is more to life than sex and money and power. I can certainly respect that viewpoint due to the times we live in, where spiritualism has all but faded away from the world, which is now nearly entirely materialistic. But I cannot condone it, as it has no personality or meaning beyond the singer's face.

Maybe they do have to change things around a lot, maybe I chose the wrong thing to target, referring to the dj's. They can have talent, but I say that the mainstream ones do not use that talent often.

These are my tastes and I'm sticking to em.
Last edited by Templar; Jan 15, 2014 at 11:58 AM.
Facts:

Modern music has terrible composition, due to lack of variation, repetition, and it doesn't conform to music theory.

Opinions:

It matters how it does it because music That is great is designed to lift the mind and, however you choose to take this, the soul. When music becomes timeless, It is because it makes us think, and makes us feel from places that we don't normally visit within ourselves. It Enlightens us. Classical Music is a great example of this, and due to it's enlightenment era inspiration, It focuses on the uplifting of thought and provokes very hard emotions, causing us to reflect upon what we do. This Is why classical music is still around. It doesn't reference pop culture or encourage us to be maniacs, but rather tells us to look at ourselves and improve ourselves. I can also give as examples Rush's 2112 Overture, Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, and most of the music made by Kansas. In fact, although Rock and Roll has pretty drastic sexual undertones, most of it at least encourages us to think about deeper meanings behind the words. Pink Floyd has so many meanings crammed into their songs that it isn't even funny.

The mainstream "new" music really just doesn't get that there is more to life than sex and money and power. I can certainly respect that viewpoint due to the times we live in, where spiritualism has all but faded away from the world, which is now nearly entirely materialistic. But I cannot condone it, as it has no personality or meaning beyond the singer's face.

Maybe they do have to change things around a lot, maybe I chose the wrong thing to target, referring to the dj's. They can have talent, but I say that the mainstream ones do not use that talent often.

These are my tastes and I'm sticking to em.

Saying something is terrible cannot be a fact. That is an opinion.

"music that is great" There's another opinion. What if I enjoy Dubstep? I consider some of that music great. It doesn't necessarily invoke strong emotions, but it's enjoyable to listen to. That's the bottom line. What is enjoyable for you to listen to? It doesn't matter what-so-ever how it go to be, how it was before, or what it will be. When you're listening to music, and you find yourself tapping your foot, rocking your head, generally enjoying the music; That's all that matters.

You're trying to say that the music I like is bad. I like the music you like, I enjoy it quite a lot. I'm not saying your music is bad, so there's no need to go on about how it's great. All I'm trying to say is that music that makes people happy is good music. Enough said.