Toribash
I seem to really have a compatibility with quick one handed weapons like heide knight sword. I beat lost sinner without taking a single point of health damage. I was using an old knight's shield I got from heide's tower of flame. I also beat pursuer without taking a single hit.

Guys, I was going after an STR build, but judging from what I am good at, I think I need to turn my current build into a quality build for claymore. I have 38 STR and 15 DEX right now at Soul Level 61. Should I? I am planned on using a large club for my build. Note that I am a purely pve player, so please suggest things accordingly.
Last edited by Hero; May 10, 2014 at 08:42 PM.
For PVE heavy weapons with Pure damage seems to be all right and easy.
Im more in to PVP and there you really need to know what you're doing
while using slow heavy weapons.

As my first PVP strenght build is ready i think i'll continue with my Dex build.

Strenght build

fuck
Anyone playing on PC?

I can't believe they actually made the controls worse. What the fuck were they thinking - heavy left hand on Y button? A bound to shift+click and cannot be bound to a key AND it's not even a global bind!!! Are these guys serious?

Also what the fuck did they do to the parry timing? I don't even... The timing on everything is so slow...

This looks like it might take some time to get used to...

I went to the first area (fire tower?) and cleared the area which took fucking ages because it takes 50+ hits to kill 1 mob and they drop practically no souls. Where the heck do I even get a weapon...

Do I need to change some setting to get rid of input lag? There's a very noticable lag..........
Last edited by ImmortalPig; May 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I am playing on Pc.

I can't believe someone really plays this with a keyboard. What the fuck is he thinking?

Also with the parry timing. Parrying is kinda slower now and imo not so easy as in dark souls 1.

There parries were lightning fast and so you could parry everything.

fuck
Parrying is way too slow now, sometimes I even have to parry before the telegraph, wtf is that...

Keyboard is fine, but once again the port is badly made... It's just a matter of getting used to it...

How the fuck do you even powerstance on PC... Holy shit this is super annoying. How could they have made controls worse...
Last edited by ImmortalPig; May 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
Dark souls is meant to be played with a controller.

And...
Originally Posted by Zapekk View Post
You can dual wield anytime but for different moveset you need to get powerstance with
those weapons and that requires 1.5x strenght and dex what the weapon needs.
So if i want to powerstance with two smelter swords i need 60 str and 12 dex because
weapon itself needs 40 str and 8 dex.

Get gud scrub.

fuck
From just suck ass at making ports...

And yeah obviously I know what power stance is, I think I said "how"?

If you are wondering, you have to hold shirt+middle mouse button for about half a second.
So much crap is "double click that" "click this while holding that" or "hold click that". Wow amazing design... Shift + click to pick up item, genius!

I still don't know what button is "y" when 2 things are stacked up...
-----
I killed dragon rider and a giant.

This game is much more convoluted than the first -_-; so much trash mobs. And parry seems so random I can't make it work every time... I switched to dual cestus because it seemed so pointless to even try. In dks1 u can just parry thrusts every time but this time the lag on input is just so bad...
Last edited by ImmortalPig; May 11, 2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yes, don't even expect to parry comfortably with a keyboard + mouse combination. The game has a horrible mouse lag and I guarantee you won't make it to even the half of the game without getting the fix for it.

Annoying, I know. Just use a controller. I played with keyboard up until after the lost sinner battle.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Anyone playing on PC?

I can't believe they actually made the controls worse. What the fuck were they thinking - heavy left hand on Y button? A bound to shift+click and cannot be bound to a key AND it's not even a global bind!!! Are these guys serious?

Also what the fuck did they do to the parry timing? I don't even... The timing on everything is so slow...

This looks like it might take some time to get used to...

I went to the first area (fire tower?) and cleared the area which took fucking ages because it takes 50+ hits to kill 1 mob and they drop practically no souls. Where the heck do I even get a weapon...

Do I need to change some setting to get rid of input lag? There's a very noticable lag..........

Seen the white knight sitting by the tree in the early part of Forest Of Fallen Giants? Kill him, he is kind of tricky, just get used to his combos. Once he is dead, he will drop heide knight sword (100% drop chance) This sword is beastly and can get you through most of the game. (although I don't suggest using it after you get large club or claymore later in the game)
Last edited by Hero; May 11, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
Wow, I guess I'll install the fix then >_>

The knight was pretty easy, actually I noticed that most mobs can be beaten just by walking backwards when they attack, which I guess is a simplification since they want a more mainstream audience. I'll give his sword a try, I'm using cesti.
Wait until you meet the purgatory guardians. Those guys are harder than first five bosses. They hit super hard, eat your stamina bar real quick and leave very few openings. I can safely say I died to them more than during boss fights.

Caestus is bad for early game, very fun though.

Oh, and I can dual wield greatswords now.