Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
What if I told you that the thread of general knowledge didn't have any knowledge of the general sort but of more specific knowledge that is only known generally to the specific group of of which the specific knowledge is generally known to?

There is nothing here which requires a decade of specialized training to be able to understand, so the thread of general knowledge does indeed contain general knowledge.
What if I told you Risk was a lesbian? That's not general knowledge is it? It's now in this thread so it's no longer a general knowledge thread. It's mostly general knowledge and partially trivia knowledge. Like jeopardy. That's something they would ask you on jeopardy. Is Risk a lesbian?
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
It's mostly general knowledge and partially trivia knowledge. Like jeopardy. That's something they would ask you on jeopardy.

Trivia knowledge is general knowledge. The term "trivia" originally referred to the three core liberal arts (or, artes liberales, if you prefer): grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Since then, it has expanded from its origins in academia, mostly due to the term being adopted in the 1960s to refer to a popular activity where questions about popular culture are traded back-and-forth, as a game. Thus, the term now refers to general knowledge questions about popular culture, and thus, "trivial" knowledge.

Your specific example is too specific to be culturally relevant. The other topics in this thread are more applicable to the general public.
Originally Posted by Soap View Post
>Take a closer look at the hole

As you draw near it, you can see that there are things in there. It's probably best not to step too close.
What if I told you we were straying off topic. That's general knowledge right?
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman
jump over it to the other side

Your body is dragged into the hole by strange appendages.

"YOLO"

It's true. GAME OVER.
Originally Posted by ysome View Post
What if I told you we were straying off topic. That's general knowledge right?

There was never a well-defined topic to follow. My previous post serves the purpose of providing general knowledge.
Exactly. I am generally knowledgable about knowledge that is generally known my knowledgable people so therefore I am a general knowledge in-it-of-itself.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.