Toribash
View Poll Results: All in?
YES
4 Votes / 50.00%
no
4 Votes / 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Yep, that's new slavery. Slavery, people accept as being the "core of the civilization", because it's called "work" and you "we have to work to make the world turn".

But that's a false argument. We, of course, have some duties and responsabilities toward human society and we need to be active not to let it die etc... But who decided we had to work 40 hours a week and sacrifice half of our only life over a job we don't like to keep an absurd system rolling ; a system poorly distributing the labour over the "human ressources" (us) when 70% of the active population work too much (depression, stress, fatigue) and the 30% left is being told "there's no job for you", when it's just obviously a matter of "we're not giving you a job because we don't want to give a salary (but you can work for free if you want, slave)".

And since jobs are man-made scarce, people who work will do whatever the fuck they have to to keep their job, because if they don't they'll be replaced.

Reject the system, think about other ways. Politic is larger than what we see on TV
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Yep, that's new slavery. Slavery, people accept as being the "core of the civilization", because it's called "work" and you "we have to work to make the world turn".

But that's a false argument. We, of course, have some duties and responsabilities toward human society and we need to be active not to let it die etc... But who decided we had to work 40 hours a week and sacrifice half of our only life over a job we don't like to keep an absurd system rolling ; a system poorly distributing the labour over the "human ressources" (us) when 70% of the active population work too much (depression, stress, fatigue) and the 30% left is being told "there's no job for you", when it's just obviously a matter of "we're not giving you a job because we don't want to give a salary (but you can work for free if you want, slave)".

And since jobs are man-made scarce, people who work will do whatever the fuck they have to to keep their job, because if they don't they'll be replaced.

Reject the system, think about other ways. Politic is larger than what we see on TV

the thing is some can't afford to reject the system(such as u have the commodity to do)
-----
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Well, in honesty work is just 8 hours a day, sometimes 10 (if there is some special situation), but when you get home tired and than have to do all the others things concerning your life (chores or whatever), suddenly it is night, you feel out of 'juice' and tend to spend rest of the day either doing some stupid stuff on internet or trying to do some stuff you like.

Since I work even on Saturday, Sunday is my only day that I can spend on myself (at least bigger portion of it, since I'm not a kid anymore and I have no commodity of parents that do lots of stuff for me, like cooking, cleaning, paying bills, going to market to get groceries, dealing with stupid neighbors that complain about an animal in apartment, etc... All that stuff).

Life takes all the time, and somehow I feel that, as I'm getting older, portions of time when I'm not tired or pissed off about something that happen during a day, are getting smaller and smaller. So my creative side also diminish.

Yes, I can do stuff on my job, but that's for clientele not for myself, if you know what I mean. It's not the same.
-----
I dream on strapping a rucksack on my back, go into wilderness, travel the road, live day by day, outside the 'civilization' but:

a) I don't have a guts
b) I have responsibility toward people in my life

yeah i can understand that..even if i haven't had a proper job. but last year..uni was almost like a fulltime job and spending 3hours on the road daily was exhausting and then when you get back home you have to study as well so yeah one needs to be a machine to survive.
Last edited by William; Jun 23, 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
the thing is some can't afford to reject the system(such as u have the commodity to do)

I'm not saying to "physically" reject it, we surely need to eat and survive, I won't be able to live "out of it" forever. But people need to reject the idea that we only have one solution, one way to manage the specie, one way of doing politic, one economic system etc... We have as many solutions as our brain can think of. Just accepting the present situation is losing the fight before it even starts.
-----
"What makes us go forward?"

Life, because that's what life does. It goes through time, just finding a way to keep existing and adapting itself. That's what life does, that's what we do ;o
Last edited by deprav; Jun 23, 2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by deprav View Post

But why's the rum gone? :v
Sheize, 4h late.

Edit; Why are you not there=?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
What was so important that we had to go in game despite our GMTs and busy schedule, that was not more appropriate to have as a post in our secret board?
Geez nothing, that title was just to attract you guys ingame so we can hangout on a sunday + we all have similar gmts
Your messed up world enthrills me