Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Bleach may suck but the people look epic.
-----
Well some of them...
Last edited by Cajed; Jan 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Oh, you meant to say 'characters that look 'epic' but have flat and static personalities and writing'. You should've specified.

Idiot.
Epic characters the way I used it means characters that are epic. It does not mean "epic animes." Therefore it has already been clarified that bleach's plot line sucks but the characters are still epic. Doesn't mean the show is.

Idiot.
Originally Posted by avatars10 View Post
Holo rocks people without tails socks off.

^ That.

My interpretation of the title was Epic characters. Guess why?

Any character that is epic falls into this category, regardless of the storyline (though an epic anime/storyline makes the characters even more epic)
Last edited by LastGod; Jan 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
Originally Posted by Cajed View Post
Epic characters the way I used it means characters that are epic. It does not mean "epic animes." Therefore it has already been clarified that bleach's plot line sucks but the characters are still epic. Doesn't mean the show is.

Idiot.

You're using the word 'epic' to describe character design, not actual characters.

Originally Posted by LastGod View Post
^ That.

My interpretation of the title was Epic characters. Guess why?

Any character that is epic falls into this category, regardless of the storyline (though an epic anime/storyline makes the characters even more epic)

Definitions of epic on the Web:

* very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic sculpture"
* epic poem: a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
* constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic; "epic tradition"

This being established, the word 'epic' is an idiotically large blanket term that describes anything that underdeveloped minds classify as ascetically pleasing. A different word or phrase should've been chosen for the title of this thread. 'Characters with objectively good design', or 'characters that 13-year-olds think is the bee's knees', or, 'characters that are the equivalent of flame decals'. The word 'epic', as described in a literary sense, doesn't fall under these categories. That is why above-average writing and DEFINITELY a dynamic and round character development is needed to even be considered to fall under the term. This is why SlipAnc is the only one who is posting characters that make sense. Kamina is, in the 'epic' sense of the word, an explosive, heroic character, and therefore, could most likely be considered 'epic'.
Originally Posted by rittu View Post
You're using the word 'epic' to describe character design, not actual characters.

Definitions of epic on the Web:

* very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic sculpture"
* epic poem: a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
* constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic; "epic tradition"

This being established, the word 'epic' is an idiotically large blanket term that describes anything that underdeveloped minds classify as ascetically pleasing. A different word or phrase should've been chosen for the title of this thread. 'Characters with objectively good design', or 'characters that 13-year-olds think is the bee's knees', or, 'characters that are the equivalent of flame decals'. The word 'epic', as described in a literary sense, doesn't fall under these categories. That is why above-average writing and DEFINITELY a dynamic and round character development is needed to even be considered to fall under the term. This is why SlipAnc is the only one who is posting characters that make sense. Kamina is, in the 'epic' sense of the word, an explosive, heroic character, and therefore, could most likely be considered 'epic'.

But you must also take note that above-average writing develops the background of the character. The majority of the authors design details about their character beforehand, building up upon the backbone of the story based on the ideas used for the protagonist and the antagonist.

In that sense, the character's ideas or background may be considered "epic," despite the fact that the storyline was poorly laid out. But I also understand that in that sense, it's rare to find characters that are within those boundaries.

I chose Holo, as she is a character that has a rare background, which has undertaken many adventures. A wolf-deity which takes the form of a female human, lives among normal humans and hides. Embarking upon a journey to get to her homeland, she must abide by the limitations that her partner places on her due to the unique attitude and approches she takes.

If you would like, I could simply edit the first post to require an explanation to why a poster believes that his or her character falls into the category of "epic."
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]