Ranking
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
AP = ability power.

It is the damage source for all spellcasters. (as apposed to basic attacks and melee champions who do physical damage)

ap = morde, leblanc, soraka, vladamir, etc.
ad = caitlyn, olaf, draven, etc

As for Yi, your basic attacks will do far less damage, but your Alpha Strike will do ridiculously high damage, while your meditate keeps you alive in any situation.

Sorc's, Rabadon's, DFG, Lichbane and after that Zhonya's / Void staff / other situtational items.

AP YI, isn't really that strong alone, but his kill combo is pretty awesome. If you get one kill in a team fight, you will get more kills.

Also, he's fairly good counter for otherwise annoying AP casters, such as LeBlanc, Morgana (tho she has that spellshield), Ahri, etc

But is fairly easily countered by anyone who has Point'n'Click stun (disturbs his heal) / snare (kills your q).

My couple cents. ;o
The only counters on mid I've meet hard for my ap yi :

talon - silence
kassadin - silence
sion - stun
fiddle - that fucking annoying fear AND silence

some other champions, but mainly silence. stun isn't that much a threat
I train fear last for my fiddle, it's completely useless when I have that silencing move which also damages their minions.
Dose is dead.
I think with Fiddles the ability order to max out is determined by the situation.
Like you might want fear if their jungler is ganking you a lot.

But if your opponent has more range than you might want silence for poke.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
I train fear last for my fiddle, it's completely useless when I have that silencing move which also damages their minions.

There's a reason why people say Fiddles fear is OP.
I usually max it second, after drain (hurr durr).

iirc, fiddle's spell with the silence doesn't increase the duration of the silence when leveling it up. I believe it stays at close to a second or so. That's why you just get one point in it early and max it last. You use it (I use it) primarily for the silence and not just the pure damage.

However I take him in the jungle, so him as a laner you can do whatever I suppose.

If I feel like I can take with 100% success, I'll get 2 points in drain and start maxing my fear more. It seems to work a lot.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Dose View Post

Please tell me you are trolling. Longest stun/fear/whatever in the game on a 6 second cooldown is completely useless? Please, enlighten me great one.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
What's typically done with Fiddle skill order is something similar to the Rammus skill order. Just enough points are placed into drain to make it scale with enemy health, but priority goes to fear because of it's ridiculous length. Drain damage means nothing if it gets stopped because the fear only lasted half a second, so the enemy stunned or silenced you to stop it. 3 seconds of level 2 drain does more damage than 1 second of level 5 drain. Typically, 2-3 points in drain with 1 point in the silence is what should be assigned by the time fear is maxed out (aka level 9 or 10), similar to how Rammus maxes his taunt with 2-3 points in defense curl with 1 point in powerball.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Nice game.But have gamers, who don't understand guys who play first time and very rude.
Last edited by Sesshoumaru; Jul 15, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
I feel like this discussion about AP Yi has gone on far too long.

So I was playing ARAM the other day, and I got Rammus. I have no idea how to play Rammus. I bought him forever ago, played 1 or 2 games with him, and never touched him again. So I set out on a mission. My only goal this ARAM game was to reach maximum speed. My build was 4 phantom dancers, the red crown which active speeds the team up, and boots of mobility. The entire game I just spun right through the bridge, trying to avoid enemies and reach the other side.

They loved me. They all loved me. The enemies were inspired by my heroic actions and parted ways to let me pass. Oh it was glorious. Then someone on their team attacked me as I was spinning towards the end. He didn't stop getting yelled at the rest of the game.

Anyways, that fun story was an introduction to Rammus. During that game, I did get in one or two fights, and even with me having no idea what I was doing, and my horrible build, I still killed people easily. Rammus is easily one of the best natural tanks.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider