Ranking
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
He's the first champ to have 8 skills per say.

Your forgetting about Nidalee. :P

Also, I can't wait to get on and play as Jayce. I really love his concept.
DAMN.
Originally Posted by Muur View Post
Your forgetting about Nidalee. :P

Also, I can't wait to get on and play as Jayce. I really love his concept.

Nidalee can be considered to have 7, as the only thing her ult does is change a couple base stats and change the skillset, but it doesn't provide any additional effects. Jayce's transform actually functions as a damaging spell.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about how the next attack dealt extra damage, and the bonus armor, and his passive. /me facepalms
DAMN.
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
He does no damage to back it up.

good joke

One ability alone does 20% of their max hp (His E in hammer form)
He's impossible to get out of lane - assuming top, only place I've played him, since his W regens mana and his costs are low to begin with.
He has two 1:1 AD (Q and E in hammer form) ratios and one 1.2 AD ratio that can be a 1.68 AD ratio (His Q / Q+E)
A 2.5 atk speed steroid
and his W is pretty good in teamfights too, and lets him get mana back passively

idk how you can say he does no damage

all of his ranged stuff is strong harass, W when they get in range, EQ when they're not in it.

His Q works wonders since it's AoE, and I've done it a few times where I Q them, run in front of them, then E them back into my tower.

Jayce is going to be so goddamn strong once people learn him, I've done pretty well with him. Even though 2/3 times I've played him so far I've had a bot lane that goes 0/12 in 15 minutes, I've still done well by myself. On a team that didn't do poorly I was able to go 10-0-12 and even beat a darius in lane.

Also I love how fast he gets back to lane

R everytime it's up along with his ranged E and you get back to lane in 10 seconds

Here's also a common mistake I see:

When you play as jayce, and you want use your ranged EQ combo - first off SMARTCAST - if you're not using smartcast on all your champions and you have ~1000 games played - then the fuck?

Now assuming you're a decent player that knows how to use smartcast, here's the error I see a lot of jayce's making:

Your EQ combo, I see Jayce's set the gate down at random spots, maybe like at the max of its range or halfway in its range, but that's a mistake. You want to set the gate down so it's as close as possible to you, but so when you Q you get the missile speed right away rather than having it travel half of its distance slow and the other half fast (Doing it so the entire missile speed is fast makes it almost impossible to dodge, if you do it half slow they can see where it's going to go and react)

I still haven't gotten the best skill order yet, but I generally go Q > E > R > W. Yes I don't level R AT ALL until I have Q and E at level 5. It does almost nothing besides provide like 5% extra mr/armor shred and like 5 extra armor/mr depending on your stance. Not much imo.

I like to harass my lane opponent like this:

First off I do my ranged QE combo as described above, setting the gate down directly in front of me, then right after I hit Q I switch forms so now I'm melee, run through my gate - giving me the bonus movespeed from my passive and gate - then I catch up to my lane enemy, Q them, and E them away before they even get a chance to fight back.

Assuming you did that correctly, this can take ~70% of your enemy's hp in one round, but they have to be semi-close to you in order for it to work - as in close enough that 500 movespeed for 2 seconds and a gap closer (Although it is kind of a short range) is close enough to catch up to them

one final things, buff lasts even if you switch forms. That means if you W in melee then switch to ranged you still get the aoe, if you W in ranged and switch to melee, you still get 2.5 atk speed for 3 attacks, not much but still helpful
Last edited by 2worlds; Jul 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Yep, jayce is strong.

Also, just had best team eu in soloq.
Disregard my build, still trying different things with him.

qq
retired
Haven't seen jayce yet, but if powas can manage to get +0.75 k/d ratio with anything, then it's gotta be strong

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
I've seen Jayce twice. Both times at bottom lane, once on my team, the other on theirs.
It would appear to me that he lacks power from range, and you must utilize your combos and include your hammer if you want to do anything above annoyance level damage.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post

good joke

One ability alone does 20% of their max hp (His E in hammer form)
He's impossible to get out of lane - assuming top, only place I've played him, since his W regens mana and his costs are low to begin with.
He has two 1:1 AD (Q and E in hammer form) ratios and one 1.2 AD ratio that can be a 1.68 AD ratio (His Q / Q+E)
A 2.5 atk speed steroid
and his W is pretty good in teamfights too, and lets him get mana back passively

idk how you can say he does no damage

Oracle can confirm that I said he has ridiculously good ratios, but his base stats are pretty bad. If you want to do anything to the other team, then you'll have to build just DPS which is not a bruiser. If you don't build only damage, then he's just sort of... there. With no sort of damage and only one form of cc, he's not a very good frontline. However, if you do decide to build melee DPS, then you'll be melted in team fights by the time you get in. I haven't seen anybody build a melee DPS in a very long time (excluding Talon) for a very good reason. He's probably the most viable as an AD Carry.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set