Toribash
Terraria 1.0.5

Hello everyone, I wanna tell ya about a game that i think happens to be the best 2d game I ever played, again, that's my opinion.
(Note: I know lume made a thread about this, but i think this will be better because the last time Lume updated that post was in May. I will try to update this post with something new about Terraria every update)

"Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task?" -Terraria.org

Now Terraria has been in development since January, but was released in April/May.

Now some of ya might think this is a ripoff of Minecraft, but it isn't. It has more monsters, more item, etc. Even Notch said it wasn't a rip.

Price
Now, currently, you can buy the game on steam.
Steam Price:
$9.99

Dedicated server software
Now they do have dedicated server software which you can download here or on their main website at terraria.org. (this is only for windows)
You can either use their dedicated server software for hosting a server, or use the Host & Play on the game menu.

SERVERS
Got any servers you host that others can play on?
Post in this thread saying if it's hamachi or not, and then the details for the server.
Ie. Ip, Password, etc

Steam Groups
Terraria Online
_Terraria_

FORUMS

Now they do have a forum, so if you need any help with anything or want to chat with other terrarians, than you should sign up to the forums.

Custom Maps
A lot of terraria users have awesome creativity, some even made custom maps.
Wanna try them out. Go here
Problem?
Have a problem with terraria crashing when starting up?
Download this
Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0

Videos

Trailer

Latest Updates/Patches

1.0.5 Update

Other Links.
Terraria Wiki
FAQ
Server List
Screenshots

~I'll leave this open for now, seeing that Lume hasn't updated his and the next patch is comming later this week... Dargon.
~
Ok thank you -Ginkey
Last edited by Ginkey; Aug 8, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
my windows 7 ultimate wont accept xna 4.0 or something like that needed.
anyone got an idea?
This is my sig. And you love it.
I still really wish that this game could come out for mac.
What's the difference between this game vs minecraft other the reason being that it's 2d? What can you do that you can't in minecraft?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.