Toribash
Sorry NuMBeRRRZ its a no from me.

A lot of your replays look like chance victories intstead of winning by technique.
Also beating a 3rd, 10th dan, master only once means nothing.
And i noticed in your custom belt replay poxpox actually should have won but there was a contact glitch right before the 200 frame mark.
-----
And I'm assuming Grim is already in but i would have said yes he's a savage.
Last edited by footlox; Sep 8, 2015 at 07:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Considering no one has accepted you, no...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Hi there {TA}

I'm SrCheetah and as you may guess I'm here to apply for Team Aikido.

First of all, I would like to tell you a bit about myself. My name is Jonathan, I'm 17, 18 this November, and I'm from Spain. (GMT +1)
Ok, that will be enough about myself since this is not a reality show :v

My Toribash life regarding Aikido

When I first started playing toribash I only played jousting, it wasn't until I got to black belt and got into my first clan that I started playing any kind of Aikido.

Matharu taught me everything he could and he was a great master <3. Then that clan died and I started learning from Sparky a few more tricks, but I already was making my own openers, wich are weird as I got told many times.

I find so fun to make a random opener and improvise from there. When I was little I used to take judo lessons, so I try to apply some concepts from there into my gameplay as you'll see in some of my replays (sometimes I just get superman lifted, so no judo applies smh).

I'm generally a very respectful player and I enjoy to play with people better than me, so I can see my fails and improve.

I don't really want to make this a boring wall of text so I'll add my player card and some replays. If I'm missing something or I need to be tested I'm normally on Irc (#vibe, #parrot, #claninq, #toribash) or you can shoot me a pm.
Attached Files
[Aikido]-My favourite spin.rpl (38.5 KB, 19 views)
[Aikido]-Suplexing.rpl (38.2 KB, 14 views)
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
SO AM I IN? Hi.

Didn't even see Iver's post gg, Sorry V_V
Last edited by Grim; Sep 10, 2015 at 05:21 AM.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
Grim is accepted.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by SrCheetah View Post
asd

to spare your and our time, don't bother with fancy apps, the only thing we ever check are replays, nothing interesting yet, sorry

get these techniques first, then play with tim/iver/aquita for hip throws forward technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDoj...qtBGkh2yTuaQA_

if you need some help - ask around ingame folks on ta members list

also migrated some content including terms and replay examples
Last edited by snake; Sep 10, 2015 at 12:58 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Hi there, I'm Gradeger. I would like to join TA because I know some of your members, and I would also like to get to know more of you.

I think I am a decend Aikido player, who obviously has room for improvement, but I hope you will accept me into your family.

Here are some replays that I think are somewhat decent, if you would like to see more, whether it's aikido or abd, just let me know

EDIT: For the replay "fddd" Datsick is me, and I am Datsick. Weird replay glitch made us swtich.
Attached Files
afggff.rpl (55.2 KB, 7 views)
afggffssd.rpl (57.9 KB, 7 views)
dff.rpl (85.3 KB, 8 views)
fddd.rpl (82.2 KB, 5 views)
i#Boxshu - wot.rpl (74.7 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Gradeger; Sep 13, 2015 at 01:47 AM.
ugly
@NuMBeRRRZ:
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Sorry NuMBeRRRZ its a no from me.

A lot of your replays look like chance victories intstead of winning by technique.
Also beating a 3rd, 10th dan, master only once means nothing.
And i noticed in your custom belt replay poxpox actually should have won but there was a contact glitch right before the 200 frame mark.

Yeah, this.

Belt isn't really a proper reflection of a player's skills; it's just his "experience", or, the time he has put in this game. When I was decent at Bushido and TK, I was just a little Brown/Black Belt.

Also, like JuicyTin already pointed out, the "3rd DAN guy" fucked himself up by doing a violent self-grab. Nevertheless, he almost beat you without an arm. Welp...

"beat a 10th dan": well, you played really statically and stuff. Didn't impress me. Jack had to do all the job and effort while you were there, waiting for the win.

"beat a custom belt": uh... max contacts saved you, ok, but that replay wasn't really impressive. You didn't save yourself. Toribash did it.

I vote no.
-
@SrCheetah: I like your playstyle. You know how to balance throws, suplexes and an offensive style to win. I think you could polish some of your throwing techniques and such by joining the org. I say yessir.
-
@Gradeger: neat replays, except the ones against Datsick and Chintu. Well, the Datsick one was pretty... dull. He was the one holding you and keeping you in the fight. A few saves, here and there, but nothing special.

That Chintu replay, "dff": I expected more. Chintu just died after a few mess ups. Once again, nothing special. :[

I like the way you used your opponent's momentum to pull him on "afggff", though. Nice one.

"afggffssd" was pretty nice too. Good use of the suplex.

Beautiful saves on "Boxshu - wot", really.

Although I liked most of your replays, could you please post something on other aikido variations, such as the original aikido.tbm, greykido or any other kido?
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
@NuMBeRRRZ:

Yeah, this.

Belt isn't really a proper reflection of a player's skills; it's just his "experience", or, the time he has put in this game. When I was decent at Bushido and TK, I was just a little Brown/Black Belt.

Also, like JuicyTin already pointed out, the "3rd DAN guy" fucked himself up by doing a violent self-grab. Nevertheless, he almost beat you without an arm. Welp...

"beat a 10th dan": well, you played really statically and stuff. Didn't impress me. Jack had to do all the job and effort while you were there, waiting for the win.

"beat a custom belt": uh... max contacts saved you, ok, but that replay wasn't really impressive. You didn't save yourself. Toribash did it.

I vote no.
-
@SrCheetah: I like your playstyle. You know how to balance throws, suplexes and an offensive style to win. I think you could polish some of your throwing techniques and such by joining the org. I say yessir.
-
@Gradeger: neat replays, except the ones against Datsick and Chintu. Well, the Datsick one was pretty... dull. He was the one holding you and keeping you in the fight. A few saves, here and there, but nothing special.

That Chintu replay, "dff": I expected more. Chintu just died after a few mess ups. Once again, nothing special. :[

I like the way you used your opponent's momentum to pull him on "afggff", though. Nice one.

"afggffssd" was pretty nice too. Good use of the suplex.

Beautiful saves on "Boxshu - wot", really.

Although I liked most of your replays, could you please post something on other aikido variations, such as the original aikido.tbm, greykido or any other kido?

Sure thing

Here is a greykido replay and a few more for now. I'll get better regular aikido's later.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
ere.rpl (44.0 KB, 5 views)
ff.rpl (44.2 KB, 6 views)
fg.rpl (85.1 KB, 5 views)
#Boxshu - aa.rpl (76.4 KB, 4 views)
ugly