Toribash
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Nm, mainly bored with my music studies because my accompanist doesn't practice and canceled our repetition. I don't have anything to work on either, so it feels like a waste to practice.

Also tome. Tome is nice but nobody plays it

Yeah I've never heard of Tome. You're gonna be pianist? I've taught myself how to play guitar and sing over the past 4ish (wow, it's been that long) years. I don't gig though, just do it as a hobby. For money, I'll be a teacher.
Violin and tablas, actually. Played piano for a little while. Tablas is recent, though. I don't expect to earn anything from my music, you kind of have to choose between creativity and money and i'd rather pick the first.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
No way man. Plenty of people choose to have creative careers - if you've got the will, there'll be a way. I also think that you should be doing what you actually want to do for a job, not do some job you don't enjoy just for money (sure-fire way to be unhappy). Whatever job you pick, you should do it because you enjoy doing it.
Violin and tablas, actually. Played piano for a little while. Tablas is recent, though. I don't expect to earn anything from my music, you kind of have to choose between creativity and money and i'd rather pick the first.

I've played the piano. I kind of dropped out because I decided learn Beethoven instead of what my teacher wanted me to learn. I doubt I'm going to earn anything in music either. My piano was from the 1800s and it was out of tune sooo bad. 100$ pianos weren't worth it anyways. (they were hard to learn on)
Last edited by Link; Mar 14, 2015 at 08:29 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Lol my violin is from the 1800s. It's not out of tune though, even with gut strings.
Also yeah, there's always gonna be people who enjoy music that's out of the comfort zone, but the scene is far smaller. I just don't know if i want to sit in an orchestra. I might, but i'm unsure. Not deciding about the repertoire is a big thing.

Maybe i'll go for chamber music.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Lol my violin is from the 1800s. It's not out of tune though, even with gut strings.
Also yeah, there's always gonna be people who enjoy music that's out of the comfort zone, but the scene is far smaller. I just don't know if i want to sit in an orchestra. I might, but i'm unsure. Not deciding about the repertoire is a big thing.

Maybe i'll go for chamber music.

My sister is in chamber thing or whatever. She plays the viola. Tbh, I really hate music in concerts and orchestras. I get extremely uncomfortable angry at everything.

You should go for whatever you want though. Don't do concerts if you don't like doing concerts. Just don't give up for reasons like "it's too hard" and you'll be golden.(i actually regret quitting things like that)
Last edited by Link; Mar 14, 2015 at 08:53 AM.
Looks like we're talking about musical instuments?
I've drummed for a couple of years. I got my kit from my oncle, it wasn't used in about 20 years and appeared to be a very good brand. My teacher kept telling me I had talent, I guess I was pretty good, but I didn't really enjoy it so yeah, quit with the music.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah most people simply quit because it's too hard. Especially violin (one of the hardest instruments to sound decent at). The motivation comes with people who share the same interest.
I enjoy working hard and trying to get better though. That's why i started playing heavily skill-based games anyway.

Tbh, I really hate music in concerts and orchestras. I get extremely uncomfortable angry at everything.

Why? I can't imagine why i would get angry at music. More like me to get angry at the people standing around the musicians, screaming uncontrollably. I just don't get that.
Yeah most people simply quit because it's too hard. Especially violin (one of the hardest instruments to sound decent at). The motivation comes with people who share the same interest.
I enjoy working hard and trying to get better though. That's why i started playing heavily skill-based games anyway.

Why? I can't imagine why i would get angry at music. More like me to get angry at the people standing around the musicians, screaming uncontrollably. I just don't get that.

I don't dislike classical music, but I get claustrophobic.
I read quite an interesting book (I think I have mentioned it already) on all the neurological things relevant to music. It is for the most part incredibly dull but it has really interesting chapters and pages occasionally. It is extremely complete in its coverage if the subject so it unavoidably has a lot of things which might not catch the interest. It's called "musicophilia" it's by my fave neurologist author which basically guaranteed that it will be passably well written. So you ought to look into it if you have nothing to read and want to know more about why and how music plays with our emotions so strongly.

And yeah Ele, the kit we wear for fencing is just cloth, but it is reletively thick. When we fence electric we wear shiny conductive lamés (no idea how to spell it, it's pronounced 'lar-maze' (plural) and 'lar-may' (singular)) which add another layer of protection, since they are made of metallic conductive material (woven with normal fabric) they probably provide the most protection. With the lamés on you are wearing about 3 layers of padded material and a T-shirt underneath while lunging around in a poorly air conditioned room. It's not as gracefull as you might imagine. The most dangerous weapon is probably foil because of its thin weak blade is susceptible to snap in half creating a very sharp edge, the fact that it is a stabby weapon and only the torso is on-target adds to this danger (if you are going to get stabbed its better for it to be in the arms or legs). I have probably seen at least 5 foils snap but have never seen a snapped sabre or épée.
-----
Oh and Lazors, I still haven't forgiven you for grassing me up but I am getting there.
Last edited by Zelda; Mar 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Good morning sweet princess