Toribash
> get batrider
> dominate early and mid game
> team up by 10 kills
> enemy team has multiple hard carries
> ez win?

> no
> support is an mlg rubick who last hits everything and doesn't have slots for wards (gotta carry my +10 str and +10 int!!!) and builds ags vs 1 agsable ulti
> carry wants to farm instead of finish
> nat pro feeds 16 deaths
> lose game

Pubs are really terrible, I'm glad I don't play ranked.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by eazi View Post
lol Hyde are you planning on playing a match with every hero in the game ?
I usually dont pick heroes I've never tried before for online matches. I try them out at least 3-4 times against bots and maybe read a couple of guides.

btw can someone tell me a fun support hero to try out? all the heroes i play with are carry/semi-carry/gankers and thats getting boring

Ancient Apparition is quite fun because of his ult, and Rubick is cool because he can steal other peoples abilities.

Also, a role you won't get bored of is jungling.
S A D B O Y S
Oh Dota... Almost a thousand hours spent on the Steam version alone. Not to mention the Blizzard old school warcraft 3 DotA. Great fun but since I'm living in the UK, I can not play in US servers due to pings and pretty much every game I am stuck with.. Russians.
For those of you who might not know what these people are.. Well, they are a very large part of the Dota2 player community and have managed to make a stereotype for themselves for being terrible at the game, raging a lot, voice chat and the famous quote: ''Cyka Blyat'', which is some swearing in Russian. So I'm slowly quitting Dota because it is impossible to play with them most of the time. Although, you do get some decent, honest Russian players sometimes that are fun to play with.
Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbp2F-wN5M
Anyway. Good game. Fun to play
Originally Posted by Pheature View Post
Oh Dota... Almost a thousand hours spent on the Steam version alone. Not to mention the Blizzard old school warcraft 3 DotA. Great fun but since I'm living in the UK, I can not play in US servers due to pings and pretty much every game I am stuck with.. Russians.
For those of you who might not know what these people are.. Well, they are a very large part of the Dota2 player community and have managed to make a stereotype for themselves for being terrible at the game, raging a lot, voice chat and the famous quote: ''Cyka Blyat'', which is some swearing in Russian. So I'm slowly quitting Dota because it is impossible to play with them most of the time. Although, you do get some decent, honest Russian players sometimes that are fun to play with.
Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbp2F-wN5M
Anyway. Good game. Fun to play

After I read your post I was hoping that was the video you linked to :P It is hilarious.

Anyways, I agree that pubs suck, and I also play ranked so it's even worse. Hopefully I will manage to get up to a high enough mmr where the trolls do not exist.
S A D B O Y S
btw can someone tell me a fun support hero to try out? all the heroes i play with are carry/semi-carry/gankers and thats getting boring

i like shadow shaman, he also has 2 stuns which allows for gtfoing and holding them in place while your teammate destroys him
also his ult is the best thing in the world for destroying towers
oh yeah
lol Hyde are you planning on playing a match with every hero in the game ?
I usually dont pick heroes I've never tried before for online matches. I try them out at least 3-4 times against bots and maybe read a couple of guides.

I wanna learn what every single hero does, and how much damage they do at certain points in the game and whatnot

I figure it's the easiest way

I like to be very well-rounded by the time I play ranked or whatever.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I wanna learn what every single hero does, and how much damage they do at certain points in the game and whatnot

I figure it's the easiest way

I like to be very well-rounded by the time I play ranked or whatever.

Yeah, I think this is the best too.

I have 800 games and my most played hero is Lion with 31 games. I mostly get roped into playing as support though...

It's also good to learn general dota theory, since almost every hero can be played in any way (carry ES, mid CM, support Sven), so it's probably impossible to exhaustively learn all hero gameplay.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
i've only played about 15 games so far and i'm leaps and bounds better than the people i'm playing with/against

they must be totally new to mobas
Hoss.