Toribash
Again, WoW is easier to learn (in my opinion.)
Also about the straw man fallacy i am well aware of it, though i don't see how i was dumbing down your logic. Also i am not trying to "disprove" anything, i just like speculating in all the different "kinks" in our(yes OUR) logic.

Let me reform my argument of the man placing second in the race:

You said:
" that's like saying you're better than einstein at solving a rubik's cube but he never even attempted to solve one."

Now let me transform this (so as to make it easier for me to understand):

**Please tell me if i am constructing a straw-man any time during this argument, because i might very well be, but i am certainly not trying to. Also i'm not having this argument out of spite, i am just trying to convince you, and everyone else (even to some extent me) that there is something "off" with the logic that we use.**

"It is "wrong" to say that Mat is better than Einstein at solving a rubik's cube, because Einstein did not even attempt to solve one."

Now Mat, you can solve one in about half-a-minute (i can't even solve ONE side in one minute XD, very impressive!)

If Einstein tryed to solve one, how long would it likely take him?
Maybe he would never solve it.

However there is a slight chance that he would beat you (a very slim chance)
And we can with utmost confidence say that he can't do it in under 30 seconds.
Therefore we can say that you are most likely better than Einstein.

There is ofcourse still a slight chance that he could beat you, but that chance is so small that you could almost call it non-existant (just as you could call the "theory" that there is a god to be so incredibly slim that we can ignore it. (?)

Oh also, what movies do you like Mat?
-----
P.S. I liked the design you made for Science, it looks pretty cool.
Last edited by uppkicker; Feb 9, 2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
thanks,
here come the logo requests, lol i've already gotten 2, fuck it im not gonna make any more logos

our logic for the win (?)
what i'm trying to say here is that logic used for a certain thing doesn't quite apply to other things.. such as races and rubik's cubes.
as i've mentioned before, you can solve 1 side. you can solve 2 sides. but without algorithms, you will never be able to solve it, unless you have a logic so flawless, and even that, comes from experience in solving cubes.
with races, you could just put on shoes, and run. that's all you need to do. practice. you will get faster and faster. it's quite simple. you know how to run naturally. it's easy to learn, but hard to master.
fun fact: it took me 5 days to completely be able to solve a rubik's cube without looking at a page where you can see the algorithms. if you gave me a rubik's cube at that time, i could've probably solved it in 2 and a half minute.
wow such a long time lol.

so yeah, when you said you're transforming the argument to make it easier to understand.
that itself was a strawman
but don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

also, i don't watch a lot of movies. the best movie i'd have ever watched would be, uh
shit, i've watched a lot of movies and not remembered their name. i don't know, Life of Pi?
Let me formulate it exactly as you said it then:

"that's like saying you're better than einstein at solving a rubik's cube but he never even attempted to solve one."

the "you're" in this case can be anyone right?

so if the "you're" is meant to be Mat (whoa 3rd personception, spacey XD)
My previous point stands(?)

If the "you're" is infact just any arbitrary person, you can't possibly know if Einstein would beat them, in that case it is a correct analogy, but remember that you used this analogy as a substitute for the "argument" :"Sc1ence01 is better than Oxide in Sparring"

And since this "argument" is directed towards Mat, the "you're" in your analogy must also direct towards Mat. Otherwise i am willing to say that your analogy was, infact a straw-man itself.

Now, i hope we can hold this discussion civilized and i don't get incredibly mad because i'm either wrong or because i get frustrated because you don't understand my argument, and end up punching my screen, cutting up my hand XD.

Now maybe we can let this discussion slide?

Also, it's ok to not make any more logos, i don't usually take logos from others, i preffer to make my own.
-----
P.S.
Oh how i love the P.S: thingy, it helps when altzaimers strikes earlie...

I like your design style, Mat.
Last edited by uppkicker; Feb 9, 2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
let's get grammatical with oxide
when you say 'science is better than oxide in sparring', grammatically it makes sense to assume both of them already know how to spar, what the correct thing to say would be
'science knows how to spar, oxide doesn't, thus science is better than oxide'
lol i just summed up your argument in a sentence
but yeah i think this should end. all this nugatory discussion over a sentence sc1ence01 said.
what the fuck!!??
also thanks lol
Yes, this discussion is not leading anywhere XD.

And now when the fog of discussion has settled, we need a new topic, any ideas?
Well there we have some good arguments, If I was more interested in the subject I would do some myself.

I was thinking that maybe we should start doing more active things in the clan. The other day I was hanging out with some guys from Latin who hosted their own tourney, maybe we could do something like that.

Also and other wave of kicking is coming soon, we have way too many inactive members :/ a few which have reasons to be inactive wont be kicked. We will need to recruit as many new members as possible as well

I will remove the threads rules for now
Hey guys i got a new spar, its pretty good, would you mind Cncing it?
Attached Files
Gods in battle.rpl (355.1 KB, 3 views)
[Replaymaker]-[Replays]-[BumbleBurke]

[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4562400_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
let's get grammatical with oxide
when you say 'science is better than oxide in sparring', grammatically it makes sense to assume both of them already know how to spar, what the correct thing to say would be
'science knows how to spar, oxide doesn't, thus science is better than oxide'
lol i just summed up your argument in a sentence
but yeah i think this should end. all this nugatory discussion over a sentence sc1ence01 said.
what the fuck!!??
also thanks lol

Whatever you say, you are still the greatest logo maker XD (not kidding you are, at least for me).

Thank you Oxide for that wonderful Logo.
-----
(im gonna try to contribute to your discussion)

For me, Toribash is one of the(if not, the most) hardest games that ever-existed.

TBH, it took me 1 month to master the function of extending the pecs (true story)

But, Toribash is fun. VERY FUN. That's why its my 2nd favorite game *Cough*TF2 is life*Cough*. Eventually, people will learn. Also, having fun is the best way of learning.

But, I think this game is dying not only because people are getting bored but also because new people dont want to play or even try this game. Maybe because TB is hard? Maybe because TB isn't that catchy for them? Maybe because TB is tuberculosis? IDK.

'But at the end of the day, as long as there's 2 people left in the planet. Someone is gonna want someone Dead.' -Sniper, TF2 [This quote has little or no relevance to the topic]

I may conclude that Oxide is a great logo maker. Thanks Bro!!! GJ!

Random things:
#MAUkingFunOfNames
Oknola
Catzy
SuperbaSe
Math01
DIEoxide
And Lust but not the least
DownnKicker
Last edited by Sc1ence01; Feb 10, 2016 at 09:53 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
Sc1ence, u forgot about Groupsex Cool logo btw :P

So, new topic :

What's your top 3 sports?

For first place, I would pick volleyball. I am in this buisness for quite a long while (like 4 years). It's very good sport for me, cause I am tall mofo. At first I was just playing 4 fun, but after some time I thought ,,dayum dis is gr8 sport'' and started training harder and also playing for a team. Maybe this year I am going to apply for new team.

2nd place is skiing. I ski for not a long time (like 1 year) since I am not directly in mountains. (mountains are 500km from city I live in) But anyway I learned alot during this time. I am pretty much good at this, I ski on most of tracks (except black ones, which are hardest, but if I used whole track for turns I would pass it I guess). Anyway I have still alot to learn

3rd place is football. I play football just because. I didn't play it in any team or something, but anyway I like it. I also like watching football matches. Champions League is starting soon HYPE
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"1 tf = win" Onsola 2k16

lol

I think these are my top 3 sports
CS:GO
CS:S
CS 1.6

haha just kidding, here they really are
badminton. the playing ground is level and it's all fair. i love it because i'm good at it (?)
football. lol its good
and idk.