Toribash
View Poll Results: All in?
YES
4 Votes / 50.00%
no
4 Votes / 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

well dev, i have no faith in humanity so i gave up dreams about "people may change" and faced our very brief and limited time being, and wasting this time on something that i don't want is kinda meh, afterall all of it doesn't really matter since everything have the very same end.
Sincerely,
snob
EMOSNOB!

I've faith in Evolution, which tells me that even if I won't witness it during my life, there is a chance that showing people we could make the world a better place now could influences people in many years. I just don't want to reach the end of my life and tell myself : "I've done nothing, I've let the world rot while I knew things were going bad and I could condemned it".

I'm a positive person, I watch Doctor Who and I think arts and talks can change people's minds, and their lineage. Hell it made me what I am.
Hello Loler.

You are right deprav about that thing, that art can change ppl. I'm like this because when i watched 'Nausica of the valley of the wind' that basically changed me in lots of ways.
When I saw those flaying ships, huge bugs that destroying everything, the characters and all of that... I just wanted to do that stuff, to draw and form new worlds and characters, to make stories and situations, and the best way form me was by making comics, since it's easier then making animations.
So, basically Hayao Miyazaki changed the course of my life. Gorge Lucas just fucke me up some more with his Star Wars episode IV. XD
Eh, nothing was the same for me after I saw those 2 movies, in my age, they had great impact on me.

So, yes, forms of art can changes something in you and in some way 'point' you toward some things that you will do in your life.

For instance, Snake should have been a military asset. XD
You don't have to change the world to be fulfilled deppy. Sometimes it's just enjoying some ones company and building a family that can make you feel fulfilled when you're old. But, I get where your aspiration and optimism come from. Art can really change lives. For me it was American Beauty as it taught me loosen up a bit, stop thinking about the society's view cause it can strangle you in the end. When, you keep something pressed down in there, it is bound to catch up with you sooner or later like that gay military guy who shot Lester in the end. He wasn't happy with his life, his marriage was terrible just to discover in the end that this isn't the life he wanted. What I find annoying for me is that when you need to transmit an important message through art, it really risks two things. First, it might sound too cliche. Let's all love each other, peace and what not. That's not how life works either. And, it also risk being too idealistic. People are different and each have something that they think is "important" for their feeling of fulfillment. Some want to raise kids, some want to reach high statures and high social status. While, some want just to enjoy the company of others.

And, Bojan I would say that comics are much more interesting than animations in my opinion. As it leaves some bit for the imagination of the reader, and that's really important imo.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
And, Bojan I would say that comics are much more interesting than animations in my opinion. As it leaves some bit for the imagination of the reader, and that's really important imo.

Hell no, a good animation (stop motion animation marvel style) decides 1) how important each frame is, 2) how fast things happen and 3) allows for music and/or sound!

I must say, that the more mediums used, the better the result can be.

However, it also becomes a lot harder to utilize it in a good way.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Hell no, a good animation (stop motion animation marvel style) decides 1) how important each frame is, 2) how fast things happen and 3) allows for music and/or sound!

I must say, that the more mediums used, the better the result can be.

However, it also becomes a lot harder to utilize it in a good way.

I guess it was wrong from me to compare apples and oranges, but I guess my point was that having the reading carry out the imagination is one of the advantages of comic books.
Hey, there are comics that went beyond their 9-th dimension.
Just read Watchmen. Best comic-book ever.
Alan Moore is a true scenario wizard. His impact to comic industry... Then Frank Miller with his Sin City...
Those comics were so godly composed that they had to make movies out of them.
Same goes with many books...

So, if you make something original it then transcends boundaries of its media.
I haz a plan in a corner of my head to make an illustrated book someday, far in the future. I can draw pretty correctly and I'd like to try myself to storytelling ! I'm too lazy and not good enough to draw comics, so illustrated books sounds like the right plan between writting and a reasonnable amount of drawings :3

What I find annoying for me is that when you need to transmit an important message through art, it really risks two things. First, it might sound too cliche. Let's all love each other, peace and what not. That's not how life works either. And, it also risk being too idealistic. People are different and each have something that they think is "important" for their feeling of fulfillment.

true dat ! Saying "The world is bad, war is bad, Love is good and lets make peace" does sound naïve and stoopid. Anyone can have good feelings toward his fellow man. But I think that's where talent enters the game : to pass on ideas/feelings and change people, you have to touch their very soul, give a bit of yourself, be truely honest, and know the foundations of your thinking.

And as you said, we all have different ways of feeling fullfilled ! And if I don't change the world, my way implies to try ! I'll probably have a child one day, and since I figured out how hard it can be to live in this absurd thing we made, I feel the need to make it better, make it acceptable. I don't wanna "create" a human being if he's gonna act like a cancer for the rest of Life, or if he's gonna be traumatized by the rest of his kind because he'll know something's wrong.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
true dat ! Saying "The world is bad, war is bad, Love is good and lets make peace" does sound naïve and stoopid. Anyone can have good feelings toward his fellow man. But I think that's where talent enters the game : to pass on ideas/feelings and change people, you have to touch their very soul, give a bit of yourself, be truely honest, and know the foundations of your thinking.

True!Couldn't agree more.