Toribash
Well if it used the same mechanic formula or at least close to what Skyrim used, expect everyone to use Legendary Daedra set you can't even tell one guy from another.
I'm not that much of an Elder scrolls fan but I think that the Elder scrolls online is too mainstream it's going to be any other game of it's kind a cluster fuck lots of everything too many people and so much farming and so on, is it going to be customizable armour? (I don't know a lot about Elder scrolls forgive if I'm upsetting anyone)
I mean compared to Skyrim it is a completely different game. Meaning that many people start hating on the game and start claiming some untrue facts about it. It has several of the same aspects of previous Elder Scrolls games, like crafting, smiting, enchanting, alchemy, etc. The game feels different and for me it was best played in 3rd person. Except when I used a bow. Pretty much from the begging you can choose 4 classes. Sorcerer, Nightblade (assassin with stealth skills, cc, executes), Dragonknight (tank, with high damage skills, damage reduction, cc), Templar (healer with some awesome damage dealing skills) and Sorcerer (uses magic ofc). Many people disliked these classes too because you couldn't adjust your character how ever you wanted as you could do that in the previous games. I didn't mind that though as you can make as much characters as you want and try them all. In ESO you can bind 6 abilities not counting ultimate. All the classes have different skill trees. There are different abilities that you can bind from your guild (mages guild and fighters guild when you join them), preferred weapon type, PVP, etc. Everyone can still adjust their abilities however they like and also they can choose to morph abilities in to better ones. The ability system completely differed from previous ES games. Also players could still upgrade some perks for health, damage, etc. I personally played Nord Nightblade. The class had badass abilities. There was this teleport to the enemy ability and knock him off his feet for a while. It felt like Dishonored blink teleport ability with the exception of damage dealing and there has to be an enemy target. Once I unlocked most of the skills I couldn't stop playing. And the leveling was rather long. I played ESO for 3 days straight. I didn't take many pauses. I only went to eat, sleep or to the bathroom. Or to talk with my parents when there were long loading screens. So I managed to get level 13, and get 20th level on my Nightblade skill trees. Leveling was much more slow and balanced for PVP. Exp could be gained from completing quests, killing monsters (really slowly though), discovering new areas and probably more. In Beta test only Morrowind and another Argonian area was unlocked for Ebonheart pact. I couldn't go to Skyrim as it was the beta. The first quests seemed rather boring and was just an introduction to the game. A bit too long in my opinion. After I got to Morrowind main area where I could explore all the land it got really fun. The plot for quests seemed a bit uninteresting for me but I didn't bother to listen what most of the npcs had to say as there are shitloads of quests to do. It probably lacked cool previous game quests with cool scenarios, interactions and those mini cut scenes. Also the combat had no finishers and it was just swinging weapon and blocking. Blocking was more rewarding. You could block and hit with a shield. That caused staggering and power attack interruption which was probably the key to survive in this game. Also you could do a barrel roll which used a lot of stamina. Not counting the abilities Skyrim's combat system was more fun, but by using abilities and barrel rolls ESO's combat was probably better. Also the bow seemed useless and hard to aim. The game seemed really easy at first but when enemy npcs grouped it got really hard. They were low level enemies though. After dying you just respawn at the nearest wayshrine (they were scattered all around the map and it worked as fast travel) and your gear lost a bit of the stats. Could be easily repaired by paying merchants to fix it. Those were the aspects of Oblivion. There were dungeons too. Public ones where anyone could go and clear stuff and dungeons that required a group. I forgot to mention, the more I explored the higher level the enemies were and I couldn't deal with some of them. I died a lot. So I didn't have any friends that played ESO at that time so I tried group dungeoning by myself. There can only be 4 people in 1 group. I was like level 13 and I still couldn't clear on of the first dungeons. I couldn't kill the first group I encountered. I didn't have the right ability setup to kill a small group. I managed to kill all of the small camps by using NPC help. I just lured them in an area where NPC were chilling and they got killed. The NPCs gave me the quest. So the boss was impossible to solo. I go a group of level 10 and above and we all died at the boss like 20 times before finally killing him. We had to respawn so many times. So after we killed him he was only a mid boss, but we managed to clear the rest of the dungeon. Other bosses were stronger but slower with their attacks. So that means that solo isn't very effective and the game is really really hard. Interacting with people was really easy. And there were a lot of players that were looking for a group. Soloers like me could just join a group only for the dungeon. K so now the coolest part of the game. After level 10 you have the ability to go to Cyrodiil (Oblivion area). So it is just a massive PVP between pacts. Sieging with 50 people was really fun. Basically if you were really careful you could not die at all and escape most of the bad encounters. After I played in Cyrodiil this became one of my favorite games. Basically you could visit all of the areas of Cyrodiil but there were other pact players that could kill you and Imperial city was unavailable. I couldn't even see it from distance. There were some mobs guarding Imperial city and it required a big group to get in the city. Also you could become the emperor. So ESO is really different from Skyrim but still holds several aspects of the game. It is not complete but it was still a lot of fun. I just realized I had been typing without thinking. I'll just post some gameplay from Cyrodiil for you to understand. To be honest it felt like playing Sword Art Online a bit for me as I went solo and tried to clear bosses by myself.

edit: Didn't see new posts. I got to say ESO has gotten a lot of hate but people don't realize that they are completely wrong on what they are saying about the game. I understand arguments when people explain why they don't like certain things about this game but when they are bashing on the game when they clearly haven't played it enough or they just compare stuff. People can't accept that it is not singleplayer and that there aren't many similarities to Skyrim. And a lot of people compare other MMORPG to the game which is so fucking annoying. Although I see some reasons why to criticize the game as it lacks a lot of features and some of them should be improved (not going to list them though, a lot to write)
Last edited by Uberis; Feb 15, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
Yes stat-wise, Elder Scrolls usually has craft system on both weapons and armors, I only played Arena and Skyrim, the latter use similar crafting mechanic as Oblivion so those 2 probably works the same.
It is not that popular at the moment and the community is only growing. The game also seemed a bit realistic on several aspects.

Also it is not a big clusterfuck as you think. I could understand what is happening and what abilities are used in a big fight. It felt like real war. There are many level differentials in PVP. Higher levels are clearly much stronger than low levels. Even 1 or 2 levels make you a lot stronger. But the higher level still can't 1 shot you. The game seems balanced. And it requires a lot of skill. By managing mana and making the right moves you can beat anyone. I managed to kill level 20 while I was like level 11. I kept ccing and getting invisible and he missed a lot of his basic attacks. If I wouldn't have engaged I would have been a goner. So everyone is vulnerable. Also stealth works completely differently in ESO. Mobs can spot you easily but other players don't. If you get a closed eye you are invisible to other players and you can pretty much sneak past most of the players if they are not looking at the direction where are you located.

Oh also grinding certain enemy isn't that effective. Players get more exp from completing quests though.
Last edited by Uberis; Feb 15, 2014 at 04:36 PM.
Dark Souls PVP ? haha omg that must suck. I mean I love the Game but it should be played Single I guess
My Fan Club|†Custom Belt†|†Proud Piratez Overseer and Chest Keeper†| Click or Die|
Do What You Want Cuz A Pirate Is Free. You Are A Pirate!!
Uberis|FighterKHV|Firebolty|TheDog96|TheAnimal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]