Toribash
U2 SUCKS HARD BALLS. That is all. Oh and Colplay is...meh...I like a few songs.
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM
Bash U2 all you want, they're good musicians. Some of their music has been ... dubious, but overall better than most of the crap out there.
U2 are the pinnacle of what music is now, and just because that doesn't fit your preteen defnition of what music is (fast angry and loud) doesn't mean they're bad. Ever noticed that the "bad" music they make is better than 90% of the "great" music other bands make these days?

I hate stupid people.
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
U2 are the pinnacle of what music is now, and just because that doesn't fit your preteen defnition of what music is (fast angry and loud) doesn't mean they're bad. Ever noticed that the "bad" music they make is better than 90% of the "great" music other bands make these days?

I hate stupid people.

Having an opinion makes him stupid?
Let's bring back the Hitler post you made a little while back...

Hell, a "stupid person", i.e. someone who likes metal but perhaps not U2 could argue that you're ignorant and stubborn.
You're afraid of new music, you listen exclusively to old music (soft rock in particular) and just reject new music without even listening to it properly, and just hides behind the principle of "a golden age of music", probably because you think that makes you cool because you aren't mainstream.
Newsflash: NO.
Jesus Christ, you're like my 60 year old dad.
Wake up, this is the year 2009, not the 60s.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
Having an opinion makes him stupid?
Let's bring back the Hitler post you made a little while back...

Hell, a "stupid person", i.e. someone who likes metal but perhaps not U2 could argue that you're ignorant and stubborn.
You're afraid of new music, you listen exclusively to old music (soft rock in particular) and just reject new music without even listening to it properly, and just hides behind the principle of "a golden age of music", probably because you think that makes you cool because you aren't mainstream.
Newsflash: NO.
Jesus Christ, you're like my 60 year old dad.
Wake up, this is the year 2009, not the 60s.

Oh but I don't reject new music. I reject boring music. It's the same reason I don't like garbage 80's hair metal bands like Def Leppard and Whitesnake. They, Coldplay, Soulja Boy and their ilk are all clumped into the same category of bad music. U2 has stood the test of time as some artists from this generation undoubtedly will (perhaps The Strokes, The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Eminem...). Coldplay will not be among that group.

Your assumptions about my musical tastes are also false. My library is expansive (200g, not counting Vinyl) and my tastes broad. Not liking Coldplay doesn't make me stuck in the past.
Last edited by SporeCc; Jun 5, 2009 at 01:14 AM.
Oh but I don't reject new music. I reject boring music. It's the same reason I don't like garbage 80's hair metal bands like Def Leppard and Whitesnake. They, Coldplay, Soulja Boy and their ilk are all clumped into the same category of bad music. U2 has stood the test of time as some artists from this generation undoubtedly will (perhaps The Strokes, The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Eminem...). Coldplay will not be among that group.

Your assumptions about my musical tastes are also false. My library is expansive (200g, not counting Vinyl) and my tastes broad. Not liking Coldplay doesn't make me stuck in the past.

Oh yea, I totaly forgot that U2 and Eminem are the best music for everyone's taste and that if someone doesn't like something you deem great, they are ignorant metalhead idiots.

I think that the best part of this thread is where SporeCc violently bashes coldplay for having songs that sound similar while freaking out when others point out that his favorite band of all time, u2, does the exact same thing.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
[quote]if someone doesn't like something you deem great, they are ignorant metalhead idiots.[/quote=War_Hero]

True very true :P.
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM

I hate stupid people.

i agree
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Oh yea, I totaly forgot that U2 and Eminem are the best music for everyone's taste and that if someone doesn't like something you deem great, they are ignorant metalhead idiots.

I think that the best part of this thread is where SporeCc violently bashes coldplay for having songs that sound similar while freaking out when others point out that his favorite band of all time, u2, does the exact same thing.

But while I have provided ample evidence as to why U2's music doesn't sound the same, nobody has yet to do that for Coldplay. The reason for this is that their music doesn't have any variety. If someone can give me some songs of coldplay that aren't so remarkably similar, then I'll stop. You act like I'm just stating things and not backing them up, but I've been doing that throughout! You've just been ignoring it!

In addition, there have been people saying that because a band is not "the best music for everyone's taste" means that they must suck for a long time. Talk about naive! I know that U2 is not for everybody, but that certainly doesn't mean that they don't deserve respect! The reason I don't like Coldplay is not that it's just my personal preference, it's because I have no respect for them. On the other hand, there are plenty of artists that I have a lot of respect for, the music of whom I am not partial to. That is personal preference.
Last edited by SporeCc; Jun 5, 2009 at 03:10 PM.