Toribash
I have never been able to understand why shovel is labeled as a noob move.
It does what you're supposed to do in Aikido - it gets your opponent out of the ring.
Are you saying you should win with points? Or by DQing only inside the ring? That makes even less sense.

I just don't get it. It's a great move.
Running "Shovel"
Kicklift
Supplex
One hand shovel
reverse throwdown
Kicklift arm/leg DM/fracture
~knight zero~
Lets argue the shovel a bit:
It gets them out of the ring - Yes!
It gets you in a good spot - Yes!
It's hard to counter if you dont expect it - Yes!
Does it require skill to use - No!

Compare: Grenade launcher from Call of Duty
It gets you a kill - Yes!
It gives you an advantage(1 less player) - Yes!
Hard to counter if you dont expect it - Yes!
Requires skill to use - No!
It is frowned upon for a reason.

The shovel, gives you such an unfair advantage at the start, that its frowned upon.

The best way to win Aikido, is by just having fun, making the match enjoyable. Not one sided fun. So your enemy will want to play again. If you win fair and square, then (s)he wont rage quit, so you can win again and again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love you guys. | Soɐd | Kiza | iRookie | Orko | TGS |
Zora | ViperTech

Or you could compare it to walking and crawling. One does not walk when the ceiling is 3 feet high, like one does not do backflips in a small box called the aikido ring. It does what it's supposed to do, exactly. When you try to do something, and you find a way that succeeds, you don't purposefully do something that doesn't work.
Last edited by Acavado; Jul 1, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
Originally Posted by Acavado View Post
Or you could compare it to walking and crawling. One does not walk when the ceiling is 3 feet high, like one does not do backflips in a small box called the aikido ring. It does what it's supposed to do, exactly. When you try to do something, and you find a way that succeeds, you don't purposefully do something that doesn't work.

That is a valid point, but I'll bring this up.

In starcraft 2, there is a tactic called "cheesing" this is generaly, rushing something that gives an unfair advantage early on.

For zerg, you have 6 pool. (dont build any workers, until you have your spawning pool). By the time you get your 6 zerglings out, the enemy has no units.
Frowned upon, because easy to win, not hard to do.

Protoss is the same, except they rush cannons. Inside the enemies base, just slowly pushing more into the base, until the enemy dies.
-Slowly pushing the enemy out of the ring, if you would.

Easy to do, easy to win with. Yet everyone who does it is a noob. As it requires no skill at all.

So, while it works, it damages your rep.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love you guys. | Soɐd | Kiza | iRookie | Orko | TGS |
Zora | ViperTech

Does it require skill to use - No!

About this, shovel requires skill but not as much as other moves. If you can see in game, many players are noob and unskillful. they use shovel but they dont know how to use it properly that makes them lose at the end of the match.
~knight zero~
The best move in aikido is called "De-Balancing".

Begin with a Noob clap. Then once your both hands are grabbed on opponent,

Try to stretch his body apart, vertically, by lowering one shoulder and raising another.

My personal experience shows me that this move is none of those easy-to-counter moves. Very versatile move.
"The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend." ~Prince Rey
any body breakers
-----
But the shovel is good, what belys are you guys, im a brown belt
Last edited by swagboy00; Aug 3, 2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump