Toribash
A theory is to a chance of 99.99999999999999999999% correct - they are basically a small step down from "law". The big bang has been observed in the microwave background radiation - which could only occur from a large energy release, such as in the big bang. This is the main source of evidence - although I'm sure there are others.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'
It's quite a mouthful, but it's basically an almost indisputable proof of the big bang, unless you can find another source of the energy;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_...ound_radiation

If you ask what was before the big bang, then I'll answer under one condition, if you can answer the following question; What's norther than the point of the north pole?
Last edited by Deprived_OLD; Jan 22, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
If think in Earth's dimension then we can go all around without stopping? If think Universe's dimension then it's not answerable. ;) Just my opinion!
"Your ad could be here"
Pandora is my destiny!
nothing is more north than the "top of the earth"...

if a tree falls in the middle of the forrest and no one is there to hear it, would it still make a sound?
When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!
Originally Posted by loje View Post
nothing is more north than the "top of the earth"...

if a tree falls in the middle of the forrest and no one is there to hear it, would it still make a sound?

Depends on how you define sound - if you define it as pressure waves in the air, then yes, if you define it as the interpretation of the said waves via the ear, then no, it doesn't.

But what does that have to do with anything?
nothing really... or well I thought it was kind of a simelar question like the one you said.
Yeah I can't find any logic concerning the subject there either. Either loje is a super-mind of somekind or then had a minor error in his thinking or something.

Yeah that beginning of everything is one of the main reasons that got me to believe in God. To me, it would just feel stupid if everything began just with a big bang and developed into the modern life just like that. The odds of that happening randomly, without aid of God or any higher power, are so tiny that it feels illogic/stupid/impossible.

I was told about this Chronos thing, of Greek mythology. They said that it is a certain line of time, which is the limit of how far back human can understand the timeline or something. So, the Chronos would be the creation of everything and humans could not understand further. Only gods (of Greek mythology ofc) could understand further. Its hard to explain it in different language than the one I heard it in. :S
I found that belief very fitting for me to think of as the truth.

Although later I found out that Chronos is a god or a personfication of time, etc. Now I am just confused.

I hope I got my opinions were scribed in an understandable way and such.
I has mad finger skills!
Property of [Discount_Death] 2nd Black
yeah I have a supermind

though I would write alot more and more deep if I would be able to write in swedish... I really have a hard time trying to find how to translate some words and eventually I give up and shorten it with "and so on" or something :P
@ Oldjoe:
But isn't the existence of an all-knowing, all-powerful God who for apparently no reason made the universe as it is also quite improbable? One such being, which also, has absolutely no evidence to support his claims other than chance?