Toribash
Numbers don't go very far (such as number of posts or infractions). We look for activity, a good mood and experience / history in moderation. We also consider if the candidate is polylingual or can only speak one language.
Last edited by Vox; Dec 17, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Just means you've been around longer and have likely developed a reputation.

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do
I have a question, Is God Belt the highest belt you can have?
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
I have a question, Is God Belt the highest belt you can have?

Nope, highest is Elite belt.

http://wiki.toribash.com/index.php?title=Belts
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Why do the win percentages make no sense now?

Also, will the rankings ever be able to reflect skill? For example, gmon had a sophisticated ranking system for judo that incorporated damage done, decaps, dismemberments, relative rank of opponent, and probably other factors as well, on an individual match level. However, he couldn't record every match that occurred since he is one person, but it seems like the system itself has the capacity to do this. As it is now, ranks simply represent matches played, which is somewhat worthless, since belts already do that on a lower resolution scale.
Last edited by Logic; Dec 27, 2010 at 08:29 PM.
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Why do the win percentages make no sense now?

Also, will the rankings ever be able to reflect skill? For example, gmon had a sophisticated ranking system for judo that incorporated damage done, decaps, dismemberments, relative rank of opponent, and probably other factors as well, on an individual match level. However, he couldn't record every match that occurred since he is one person, but it seems like the system itself has the capacity to do this. As it is now, ranks simply represent matches played, which is somewhat worthless, since belts already do that on a lower resolution scale.

You answered your own question, they don't make sense to you because it is just matches played. Post the idea in suggestions for opinions on a more sophisticated ranking system.

Originally Posted by dziunglius View Post
How to create clan ?

Step 1: Start a clan discussion thread here, listing why you made the clan, who is in the clan, your clan's aim, your clan's rules, your clan's requirements to join, and anything else you feel is appropriate.

Step 2: Find a good clan tag (A tag is [this thing]Yournamehere). Keep it short and sweet, not like [BloodKillingPeopleBrigade Co-Leader Now recruiting]TayZonday. (yes TayZonday we love choclate rain).

Step 3: Find some members (active players with a good personality are recommended).

(Quoted from toribash wiki)

Banners also add feel to the clan and can attract members.
Thanks for the reply.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
You answered your own question, they don't make sense to you because it is just matches played.

What I meant was that a few months ago or so, my win % was expressed as number x, as in x wins per 1 loss, something like 1.7. Now my number is 63. I thought it was a bug, as know I don't get 63 wins for every loss, but it's probably just actually showing my win % instead of the ratio it used to show. That's the difference I was asking about.

Regarding ranks, I'll add it to suggestions.
I think they changed it to ELO.

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do