Toribash
Original Post
[rb] Who is Who :: Nirs
Hello folks!
Today I'll be a substitute for uFantom (who's kinda busy with his work stuff).
And this issue of Who is Who is dedicated to a Russian guy who is known (or at least was) all round the toricommunity - Nirs!

General information:
  • Registration date: Jan 15, 2008
  • Belt: Custom Belt
  • Ex-Promoteam member, Ex-PT Lead, Ex-Supermoderator, Ex-Administrator
  • Rukeepers founder
  • Likes eighth-form girls

Interview:

Interview

Last edited by sir; May 11, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
wat, how is Toribash's economy broken? You may not know it but there is a subforum for marketing and it's really really active. So active that an entire team of staff called msquad is required to moderate just those few boards. If it was broken none of these would exist.
The shop prices could probably need some optimization but that's not really a great issue as the market flows just fine as it is.

If Toribash wouldn't generate profit it would have ceased to exist a long time ago. If steam gets Toribash more users there are more potential customers and therefore more potential profit.

I can't really see through your reasoning.
nigerian PM
Originally Posted by Sacrafan View Post
wat, how is Toribash's economy broken? You may not know it but there is a subforum for marketing and it's really really active. So active that an entire team of staff called msquad is required to moderate just those few boards. If it was broken none of these would exist.
The shop prices could probably need some optimization but that's not really a great issue as the market flows just fine as it is.

If Toribash wouldn't generate profit it would have ceased to exist a long time ago. If steam gets Toribash more users there are more potential customers and therefore more potential profit.

I can't really see through your reasoning.

if toribash economy is working then tc purchases throught nabi are common thing.
is that so? no.

if there is no reason to spend money in nabi shop to buy tc such f2p model is considered as broken. as simple as that.

no1 should even care whats going on on marketing forum it's not relevant. the only thing that matters is ammount of transactions between nabi and players.
Last edited by snake; Jun 8, 2013 at 06:07 AM.
Okay, now I see your reasoning but it's very flawed.

Toribash's economy is not dependent on additional tc that gets created through purchases.
The currency works just like any other currency except it does not get created through debt but through work (playing).
The process causes inflation. That's why the admins implemented ways to sink TC to keep the currency's value stable at around 10$/usd, which is the common ratio it gets sold at between users.
The existence of inflation proves that there is economic growth happening, rendering your points invalid.

Nabi's income may partially depend on TC sales but not only. There are many other ways you can spend your money on toribash such as account upgrades, qi, fancy items, tc boosters and whatnot.
Many people do spend their money on that so it works just fine as it is.

edit: I see you edited your post.
The marketing forum is VERY relevant as it's all about transactions between users who initially bought items from the shop.
It catalyzes a demand for all important factors nabi profits from that are Qi (you need qi for status and certain items), toricredits and items.
When people want stuff they cannot afford with what they already have they have to spend money on something. Some of that money goes to nabi as many people chose to buy tc boosters.
When I go ingame I often see users with fancy tc booster icons next to their names.
Last edited by Sacrafan; Jun 8, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
nigerian PM
Originally Posted by Sacrafan View Post
Okay, now I see your reasoning but it's very flawed.

10$/usd, which is the common ratio it gets sold at between users.
There are many other ways you can spend your money on toribash such as account upgrades, qi, fancy items, tc boosters and whatnot.

players should not be able to sell tc and and if they have any economic interactions with each other it should be limited. ideally there should be only one agent player deal with - nabi shop.

and if you spend money for forum instead of game thats broken also.

intended f2p model was "want to look fancy - donate"
but we all see that it didn't work at all.

making nabi shop the only agent will drasticly increase income and will allow to prevent inflation. even $/tc rate could be adjusted just like all the pices to make tc worth more and allow more popel to spend money, for example throwing 1$ usd for game for some ammount of tc, but not much ofc.

tons of ways to get shit done.

you should really give a try to work at some trading company, so you will understand the way things work.
Last edited by snake; Jun 8, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
Let's keep these talks away from here. This thread is to talk about the interview, not to discuss possible ways of killing the community by making everything paid.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
offtop: sir, do you have a job?

no. he is a student. and snake is right. )
Lets prohibit the sale of tc's between users. Tc's farm problem will be solved as a bonus. ^ ^
Originally Posted by nblx View Post
no. he is a student. and snake is right. )
Lets prohibit the sale of tc's between users. Tc's farm problem will be solved as a bonus. ^ ^

qft
Maybe some things posted here should have been transferred to discussion thread?

I've read what snake has posted and I also think that Toribash on GreenLight should have been set with a price. Than later it would be an option to buy a new version of a game and recive a gift for that support or download free version without any gifts.

Maybe Hampa could have prepared newest ver, 4.5 or something and set a a price of 2-5 USD, where those that bought it could also receive some gift like non-trade-able item (maybe a new color or hair idk)...

I'm sure some people would buy that version. As Snake said, maybe just 10 ppl but that would again at least be some profit for Hampa.

Presentation for Steam GreenLight should also have been prepared better. It doesn't look serious.

We all love TB, but sometimes it looks like we are the only one that love it, if you know what I mean.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jun 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Presentation for Steam GreenLight should also have been prepared better. It doesn't look serious.

such move doesn't look serious. it looks stupid to say atleast. completely unprepared random decision without any business forethought.

i can expect "i don't give a shit behaiour" but being such a nihilists when it's about your own pocket is completely mental.

it feels like one of these situations when somebody says "let's do some shit for the sake of doing something" and it never ends up any good. i'm stunned, confused and overal amazed by such stupidity. i'm glad that it's not my pocket and not my company.
Last edited by snake; Jun 9, 2013 at 03:52 AM.