Toribash
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
w0w 400 people playing what's up with all of these peak.
I agree , this game is hard , but i guess leaving reviews like that is nonsense.
Basically the same when you play Dark souls and reviews "omg hardashell suxxor"

dark souls is marketed as hardcore game so such reviews are considered as nonsense, while toribash isn't marketed as hardcore game, so these reviews are relevant, even if we players don't like it and don't agree with it.

phrases like "hardcore ultimate fighting game" blah blah blah or something among these lines that imply that the game is hardcore instead of casual ragdoll game like ragdoll kung fu or goat simulators could be really helpfull too.
Last edited by snake; May 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
w0w 400 people playing what's up with all of these peak.
I agree , this game is hard , but i guess leaving reviews like that is nonsense.
Basically the same when you play Dark souls and reviews "omg hardashell suxxor"

leaving that kind of reviews is actually relevant, think about the moment when you first joined toribash, (it's hard, trust me) what review do you type up when you want to review toribash? (remember, at that point in first experiencing, you wouldn't have seen a lot and improve)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

will, I'm horribly torn right now

I'm proud of toribash for getting out there, gj hampa and the rest of the staff

but I'm pretty not okay with the community as is. The "okay" to "omf, get banned pls" ratio around here is kinda wonky.
and once they start posting on the forums, it could be even worse.

Keeping things in line is gunna suck.

hf staff
Last edited by Marrez; May 20, 2014 at 02:31 PM.
beware
the goblin
Originally Posted by snake View Post
for game which is indeed very niche, you could have marketed it as "hardcore" game (which i of course suggested to hamp) so atleast people will try to treat it as one instead of random ragdoll 5 minutes fun. People like to feel special and better than others and if you convince person that he is playing something hardcore, he will EXPECT game to be challenging and feel more superior to "scrubs" and more proud of himself even terribly failing in it, because internet bragging rights.

This part actually sounds like a good idea.

At least it could be easier to reach the target population that might like the game and bring new-comers' expectations closer to the reality of the game when you start out.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
not quite what I meant

don't get me wrong the trailer is awesome and appealing and everything but when a beginner first downloads the game looking for that same action, they may be disappointed

thats what i meant, they're gonna be upset when they realise the game isn't easy and they're going to have to muscle through the learning curve.
collect snots from the nose
After looking at this. Some manly ass tears were shed. Toribash will finally get the recognition it deserves. Good job guys, i love you all.
Nub.
This is awesome, i never thought that Toribash could make it, i was wrong, the game has so much potential.
Get down with the sickness. - Disturbed.