Toribash
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
Without trolling, video games would be boring as hell.

In my opinion, some people are so afraid of confrontations in real life that they carry their insecurities with them to the online world. A world where basically anything can be said without consequence. People need to stop being so sensitive and realize that no one knows who you are when you play online. That's why I encourage people to defend themselves or at least try to defend themselves instead of just going the easy route and calling a GM. It's fun playing with trolls, especially when you know what they're doing.

If you come across a troll here's what you can do:
  1. Obviously don't get angry. Remember, words carry no weight over the internet.
  2. Instead, think of something clever to say in response to the troll.
  3. If you really can't think of anything clever at all, just keep quiet. Accept the loss and live to argue with a troll another day.

I troll from time to time when I'm bored and its funny to see people get all worked up over words from a random person they just met over the internet. I find it extremely hilarious when people have come together to get an in-game police to stop one person from trolling as well.

Ah... Good Times.

Its all a different story when that troll has the power to ban you when he fails to realize he got out trolled and gets angry.

Can't really do much about that. but a lot of trolls fail to see that if they trolled successfully, that there is a such thing as taking it too far when it comes to the endgame.

Last edited by Donseluke; Apr 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
<Castra> I'm fingering my butthole right now
<Rainboweye> mocrogunz<Rainboweye> why do you eat smegma ?
Trolling is only good when done well. Good trolling is cornering someone into a discussion they can't possibly win using logic and debate tactics.

Trolling stops as soon as everyone gets over it. If it bothers you:
14.Do not argue with trolls – it means that they win.
Originally Posted by Donseluke View Post
Its all a different story when that troll has the power to ban you when he fails to realize he got out trolled and gets angry.

Can't really do much about that. but a lot of trolls fail to see that if they trolled successfully, that there is a such thing as taking it too far when it comes to the endgame.

Definitely agree with you on taking it too far. It's one thing to troll someone once. Possibly even to the point where they leave the room. I think that's fine.

But to constantly troll the same person every time you see them would be going a bit too far. After a while the trolling would be annoying and obnoxious.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
We should do a thread about dictatorship, because I do believe, that we are into one.

Seriously, did I just got a 5 day ban for a joke? This game has changed alot, too bad it was negatively.
Originally Posted by Swooyaon View Post
We should do a thread about dictatorship, because I do believe, that we are into one.

Seriously, did I just got a 5 day ban for a joke? This game has changed alot, too bad it was negatively.

Please do, those are always amusing. Viva la revolución and all that.

And yes, you did get a 5 day ban for a shitty post. That's how those tend to work. Would you like to appeal it? Go to the Whinebox, because bitching in public isn't going to do you a lot of good.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I think you are naive and possibly quite young if you think "old gaming" didn't have trolls.

Even games from 20 years ago had trolls. I would say that 2 factors preventing people from recognizing trolls, 1) not many multiplayer games, 2) not many multiplayer games had great chat.

The first MMOs had plenty of trolls, Ultima and EQ for example. Earlier than that I remember friends trolling in super smash bros!

I don't think trolling is "new".

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Trolling is only good when done well. Good trolling is cornering someone into a discussion they can't possibly win using logic and debate tactics.

I think you are possibly confused as to what trolling is. Simply saying something that can't be rebutted is not trolling...
so lemme get this straight. even us peoples up here in my farting cloudbase can't troll people?

talk about double standards
Originally Posted by kumi View Post
I think you are possibly confused as to what trolling is. Simply saying something that can't be rebutted is not trolling...

But that leads to the victim being frustrated etc etc. Much rage and shouting follows.